These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Stratios, good fits for exploring, missioning and PvP?

Author
Fred Kyong
Grollwerk
#61 - 2013-11-22 23:12:25 UTC
Pretty useless ship with covert ops cloak.

9 to 10 seconds after warp gate jump and only then you can activate cloaking again. Useless for WH jumps or low/0.0 operations
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#62 - 2013-11-24 07:44:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Xuixien
Was playing around with NullSec exploration fits in Pyfa when I heard mention that there's a 30 seconds recloak delay when jumping through a gate? Entire purpose of Stratios defeated.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - is it a 30 seconds delay after jumping through a gate, or is it a 30 second delay after jumping through a gate in which you were cloaked when you landed on the other side?

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Fred Kyong
Grollwerk
#63 - 2013-11-24 15:11:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Fred Kyong
Xuixien wrote:
Was playing around with NullSec exploration fits in Pyfa when I heard mention that there's a 30 seconds recloak delay when jumping through a gate? Entire purpose of Stratios defeated.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - is it a 30 seconds delay after jumping through a gate, or is it a 30 second delay after jumping through a gate in which you were cloaked when you landed on the other side?

Can not confirm 30 seconds.

I tested it in high and low sector with Covert Ops Cloak (about 10 sec) and 'Smokescreen' Covert Ops Cloaking Device (about 9 sec).

You come through the gate and you are still cloaked. Align to next warp point/ gate , get in warp and then count to 9 (or 10 depending on cloak) and you will be able to cloak again. This means you come out from the gate cloak and you have maybe still 6-8 seconds until you can cloak again.

Too long comparing to a normal covert ops or blockade runner. As mentioned - useless in WH, low or 0.0

The Stratios item description states: Can fit covert ops cloaking device.
This is true.
Untrue is, you can not use it as such.

Maybe qualifies for a bug report.
Sky' Darkstar
Magnetar Dynamics
#64 - 2013-11-27 14:35:19 UTC
Batelle wrote:
I have a lot of excellent fits for sentry drones but don't feel like sharing them. The secret is to use expensive modules and to make due with a 3 slot tank in either shield or armor.

I suppose i should also check out fits for heavy drones setups, which save you having to use omnilinks or drone scope ships or DLAs. Which probably leaves you room to fit lasers.

Why even post then? No really, what was the point of your response to the OP?

-Sky'

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2013-11-27 15:36:31 UTC
Fred Kyong wrote:

This is true.

Not a bug, that is actually a listed bonus on most of the covert ships look at a Cheeta

Quote:

Notes: Can fit a covert ops cloaks and cynosural field generators. Cloak reactivation delay reduced to 5 seconds.

Stratios
Quote:

Can fit covert ops cloaks and use covert jump portals.

See the difference? Its by design, it has to be.

Fred Kyong
Grollwerk
#66 - 2013-11-28 01:11:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Fred Kyong
Onictus wrote:
Fred Kyong wrote:

This is true.

Not a bug, that is actually a listed bonus on most of the covert ships look at a Cheeta

Quote:

Notes: Can fit a covert ops cloaks and cynosural field generators. Cloak reactivation delay reduced to 5 seconds.

Stratios
Quote:

You are right.

What makes the Stratios still of no use as Covert Ops and will remain in Highsec
Barty Slartfaste
Gregarious Games Mechanized Federation
Solyaris Chtonium
#67 - 2013-11-28 09:29:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Barty Slartfaste
Fred Kyong wrote:
Xuixien wrote:

I tested it in high and low sector with Covert Ops Cloak (about 10 sec) and 'Smokescreen' Covert Ops Cloaking Device (about 9 sec).

You come through the gate and you are still cloaked. Align to next warp point/ gate , get in warp and then count to 9 (or 10 depending on cloak) and you will be able to cloak again. This means you come out from the gate cloak and you have maybe still 6-8 seconds until you can cloak again.

Too long comparing to a normal covert ops or blockade runner. As mentioned - useless in WH, low or 0.0

This is true.

Amazing, I am a relative noob to EVE having only played around 5-6 months however have been having no problems at all with the Stratios in both low sec and null. I have been through several gate camps including a truly scary one with 20+ multiple T3's including a cerberus and several loki's.

The simple trick is about 1-2AU from the destination gate, uncloak in the warp. Jump gate. Warp/Recloak.. no delay.

IMHO, this ship is superb for what I use it for. I go on 30j trips through low/null doing exploration. Make several safes and use the mobile depot to refit to what I need to do data/relic sites and refit again for combat sites. I can then refit for travel and onwards again. The cargo bay size is slightly under what I would like but I am just selective over the loot I keep.

The downside of course to this is the cost of the ship + carrying around the modules for refits (it certainly ain't cheap for a noob like me!). Naturally I know the risks and no tears will be shed when I lose it (which I will sooner or later), it's just too much fun travelling around in to allow the risk to stand in the way.

Anyway back on point...

The ship is perfectly fine as it is. It should not be as good as a pure covops ship at using it's cloak, if it was it could only be described as overpowered given the low skill requirements.
Fred Kyong
Grollwerk
#68 - 2013-12-01 02:20:12 UTC
Barty Slartfaste wrote:
Fred Kyong wrote:
Xuixien wrote:

This is true.

Amazing, I am a relative noob to EVE having only played around 5-6 months however have been having no problems at all with the Stratios in both low sec and null. I have been through several gate camps including a truly scary one with 20+ multiple T3's including a cerberus and several loki's.

The simple trick is about 1-2AU from the destination gate, uncloak in the warp. Jump gate. Warp/Recloak.. no delay.

IMHO, this ship is superb for what I use it for. I go on 30j trips through low/null doing exploration. Make several safes and use the mobile depot to refit to what I need to do data/relic sites and refit again for combat sites. I can then refit for travel and onwards again. The cargo bay size is slightly under what I would like but I am just selective over the loot I keep.

The downside of course to this is the cost of the ship + carrying around the modules for refits (it certainly ain't cheap for a noob like me!). Naturally I know the risks and no tears will be shed when I lose it (which I will sooner or later), it's just too much fun travelling around in to allow the risk to stand in the way.

Anyway back on point...

The ship is perfectly fine as it is. It should not be as good as a pure covops ship at using it's cloak, if it was it could only be described as overpowered given the low skill requirements.

Covert ops cloak needs skills too. Of course it should maybe not be a faction ship, maybe T2.

Other than that, mine stays in highsec as expensive toy and will go back to the market again. Useless
Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
#69 - 2013-12-01 02:37:54 UTC
For those who are showing fits without cloaks.

Gila does it better. Both in PvP and PvE.

It also does it at a much better price.

Cloak or you are wasting the Stratios.
Dato Koppla
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#70 - 2013-12-01 05:09:55 UTC
Ireland VonVicious wrote:

Ishtar does it better. Both in PvP and PvE.

Fixed it for you.
Phaezen Outamon
Brotherhood of Wolves
#71 - 2013-12-02 10:10:55 UTC
Dato Koppla wrote:
Ireland VonVicious wrote:

Ishtar does it better. Both in PvP and PvE.

Fixed it for you.

A T2 hull is better than a T1 hull? You don't say. Roll
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#72 - 2013-12-02 17:54:43 UTC
Fred Kyong wrote:
Onictus wrote:
Fred Kyong wrote:

This is true.

Quote:

Stratios
Quote:

You are right.

What makes the Stratios still of no use as Covert Ops and will remain in Highsec

Its perfectly usable, you just have to take your time.
Andrew Waltfeld Brotherhood
USM Trading and Mining Corporation
#73 - 2013-12-02 23:52:12 UTC
Newbie Question about the Stratios who recently rejoined last month after 5 year hiatus.

I'm currently saving up for it and training up the core skills that would make me be able to safely use in high sec PvE missions.

What is better to use for it? Shield or Armor tank?

I plan on running either solo or in a small gang of 2-4 people of various ships (Two Battle cruisers and a frigate). I'm currently thinking about using Hybrid weapons on it and fully on making full use of the drone capability it gives. I'm not entirely sure If I'll be doing ghost sites or not. My plan is to be hopefully one of the most mobile of the group and able to use my assortment of weapons/drones to be able to tackle what the situation calls for that my teammates aren't able to fill in.

I don't really planning on PvPing if I can help it either, though I do recognize having a stratios for the next three months means you'll have a giant target on your back as well. Hopefully the cloak will help lessen that.

Mostly getting the Stratios because I like what it's capable of and was originally going to go for a Dominix because of it's versatility. I tend to favor ships that offer great versatility in combat or fittings wise so that I can swap out what I need to be prepared.

I am unsure what best type would be, I tend to prefer medium or long-range but I am unsure what type of combat role it's suppose to be like close-range, mid-range or long range. I don't mind other forms of range combat, I just prefer to be at mid-range if possible. At the same time, I don't really want to be a sitting duck if they do get close. I do have energy turrets trained up a bit as well and I can easily train up projectile turrets also.

My thoughts on fittings were -

High Slots

• Cloak
  • Hybrid Gun ?
  • Hybrid Gun ?
  • Hybrid Gun ?
  • Hybrid Gun ?

Medium Slots

• 10MN Afterburner I
  • ????
  • ????
  • ????
  • ????

Low Slots

• Damage Control II
  • Drone Amplifier II
  • Drone Amplifier II
  • Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II ??
  • Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II ??

Rigging Slots

• Medium Warp Core Optimizer I
  • ?????
  • ?????

Drone Bay

• 5x Hobgoblin II
  • 5x Warrior II
  • 5x Hammer Head II
  • 5x Valkyrie II
  • 4x Garde I
  • 4x Orge II
  • 2x Heavy Armor Maintenance Dot I

Constructive criticism/thoughts/opinions/two cents are most welcome.
Narzis
No Mutants Allowed
#74 - 2013-12-03 12:53:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Narzis
This is the fit i want to try out in some plexes, usually up to 6/10

Stratios plex
Damage Control II
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Centum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Drone Damage Amplifier II

10MN Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Large Capacitor Battery II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Core Scanner Probe I
425mm AutoCannon II, Hail M

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Ogre II x4

• It can tank around 470 DPS, cap stable (of course in lower class plexes you don't need to permarun all reppers (especially the ancillary), so you can change 1 or two cap rechargers to other useful modules like TP or even analyzers).

• The DPS output with 4x Ogre II's and 425's with hail is up to 600 DPS, which is pretty good.

• [*] If you want to do some harder sites, swap the DCU II and the EANM for two damage specific hardeners, and you will be fine with the 600+ DPS tank capability.

How I look like when I win a fight? https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32571986/out-2.gif

Alistair Cononach
    The Legion of Spoon
    Curatores Veritatis Alliance
    #75 - 2013-12-07 04:18:06 UTC
    Dato Koppla wrote:
    Here's an all-in-one exploration fit I was thinking of:

[Stratios, Exploration]

Medium Armor Repairer II
    Centii C-Type Adaptive Nano Plating
    Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
    Damage Control II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
    10MN Afterburner II
    Relic Analyzer II
    Data Analyzer II
    Large Capacitor Battery II

Sisters Core Probe Launcher
    Focused Medium Pulse Laser II, Scorch M

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
    Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
    Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Ogre II x4
    Garde II x4
    Hobgoblin II x5
    Warrior II x5
    Hornet EC-300 x5
    Wasp EC-900 x4
    Heavy Armor Maintenance Bot I x1

You should bring a some extra drones: different heavies/sentries/extra lights/mediums, some Scorch/Conflag, a set of different hardeners, an extra T2 medium repper, 3 cap rechargers and the Mobile depot so you can refit for up to 6/10 DED plexes with the fit I posted earlier in the thread, as well as being able to do exploration sites. I would also bringg some nanos/warpstabs/plates/shield extenders/neuts for a travel fit for travelling around more hostile areas of nullsec, with a proper travel fit you'll be nigh uncatchable except for the biggest and most well organized gatecamps.

This is going to be the best all-in-one explorer by a mile.

Um....what am I missing, because this fit doesn't come within a hundred miles of fitting CPU-wise. CPU is maxed out before you fit half these mods.

So...what am I missing?
    Niclas Solo
    Viziam
    Amarr Empire
    #76 - 2013-12-10 11:14:34 UTC
    Alistair Cononach wrote:
    Dato Koppla wrote:
    Here's an all-in-one exploration fit I was thinking of:

[Stratios, Exploration]

Um....what am I missing, because this fit doesn't come within a hundred miles of fitting CPU-wise. CPU is maxed out before you fit half these mods.

So...what am I missing?

That fitt just fine for me, it must be your skills. Maybe you did pick a eanm instead of c-type anp?
    Luwc
    State War Academy
    Caldari State
    #77 - 2013-12-10 13:34:09 UTC
    Best fit is.
    Buy a T3 .
    Way better value to money.

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

Enraku Reynolt
    Of Tears and ISK
    ISK.Net
    #78 - 2014-01-24 17:22:49 UTC
    Thaddeus Eggeras wrote:
    For exploring this is what I was going for

Stratios

High -
    - Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
    - 'Smokescreen' Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
    - 200mm Autocannon II, Barrage M, Hail M, Republic Fleet EMP M, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
    - 200mm Autocannon II, Barrage M, Hail M, Republic Fleet EMP M, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M

Medium -
    - Relic Analyzer II
    - Data Analyzer II
    - Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
    - Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
    - 10mn afterburner II

Low -
    - Centum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer
    - 800mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
    - Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
    - Drone Damage Amplifier II
    - Damage Control II

Rig -
    - Medium Anti-Thermic Pump II
    - Medium Nanobot Accelerator I
    - Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Drone bay -
    - Bouncer II x5
    - Garde II x5
    - Valkyrie II x5
    - Warrior II x5
    - Vespa EC-600 x5
    - Hornet EC-300 x5

Cargo -
    - Nanite Repair Paste x1,200
    - Barrage M x6,800
    - Hail M x6,800
    - Republic Fleet EMP M x6,800
    - Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M x6,800
    - Navy Cap Booster 400 x12
    - Warrior II x10
    - Hornet EC-300 x10
    - ‘Yurt’ Mobile Depot
    - Mobile Tractor Units "If possible"

This will be used to do all different scannable sites in New Eden, for exploring the amazing sights to see all over New Eden, and for staying out in 0.0 for long periods of time.

did you mean 220mm turrets,. cause 200mm are small, but the ammos you listed are med
    Batelle
    Federal Navy Academy
    #79 - 2014-01-24 17:34:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Batelle
    Narzis wrote:
    This is the fit i want to try out in some plexes, usually up to 6/10

Stratios plex
    Damage Control II
    Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
    Centum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer
    Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

Don't do this. If you're so worried about tanking that half your fit is tanking mods, then you're insane to be using omni resists instead of rat-specifc. The stratios already gets an omnitanking bonus and lacks high resistances on any one type. You NEED to use those specifc resists to get the most tank for the least slots. Also, the ship doesn't have enough lowslots to effectively use dual MAR. You're way better off dropping the mar for another resistance mod or a plate. Ancillary reps are dumb for PVE anyway.

Also, the serpentis and angel 6/10 are 2 part plexes with difficult bosses and neutralizer towers. They are very difficult to solo and I would not attempt them solo with a stratios.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Mario Putzo
    #80 - 2014-01-24 17:39:37 UTC
    [Stratios, StratCloakyFagPVP]

Sisters Core Probe Launcher (Sisters Core Scanner Probe)
    3x Focused Medium Pulse Laser II (Scorch M)

2x Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
    Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
    Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor
    Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I (Navy Cap Booster 400)

2x Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
    1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
    Damage Control II

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump II
    2x Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

5x Hobgoblin II
    5x Hammerhead II
    5x Vespa EC-600
    4x Ogre I
    4x Garde I
    5x Hammerhead II