These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Change] - Cyclone 6th Mid // Scripts for TP - for SISI testing

Author
Denson022
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-12-10 09:46:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Denson022
Hello everyone,

I'd like to speak again about my beloved Space Locomotive - The cyclone

This is just a proposal i'd like to see and test on SISI.

The Cyclone has indeed received recently a Buff by changes made to standard Shield Booster and i'm happy with that.
The problem i see is the poor damage application of it's DPS, pretty low btw.

We all know that a Web increases greatly real damage done ba HAMs so 6th MID slots like the Drake or the Claymore should give more options. Since the Sleipnir is a Hurricane hull i don't see a reason for the Cyclone not sharing Claymore MID layout.

I like the 2 Utility slots and neuts are good mods to turn a battle in your favor but i'm curious to see how it performs if we drop 1 Utility high slot for 1 Mid.

The PG and CPU of the hull is already limited when you fit it with a classic L-SB + Cap Booster, so leaving enough CPU to fit a web or TP in the 6th Mid slot would make me happy.
For the dual L-Asb version with only one med neut the ship has some PG left but not enough CPU to fit any relevant additional tank : 675 / 702 tf CPU ( Boost Amps or InvF) but a TP or meta Web still would fit.

Target Painter changes:

Add scripts :
1st :Decrease in factor of signature radius for all missile explosions. Just like the skill "Guided Missile Precision "
and
2nd : Decrease in factor of target velocity for all missile explosions
And why not a script for Turret based ships.

This way maybe TP would get some more love in solo / small gang when there's no specific support ship on the grid.

Many people spoke about the lack of damage application of missiles, like a stationary Rifter not getting full damage of a volley of HAM.

A AB frigate orbiting @ 800m/s receives on average 35 dps of real damage from a Cyclone using CN missiles.
With a T2 TP on the frig the damage raises up to 45 dps
Finally with just a Meta3 Web it get's above 75 DPS

The TP has way more effective range, still a web is 65% more efficient than a TP.
The idea is to make TP useful enough on unbonused hull so a HAMs deal real damage close to the one of a Noobship ~ 60DPS

Will it make missiles Overpowered, i don't know, that's why i ask for these changes on SISI to test it out.

I'm open to hear you opinions
Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-12-10 09:53:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Mournful Conciousness
My view:

a. The cyclone is already too powerful by virtue of its unkillable tank. Another mid slot will give it demigod status.

b. There are rigs for explosion radius, and the target painter already does what you want (increasing sig radius of target is equivalent to decreasing explosion radius of the missile).

c. There are rigs for explosion velocity, and a web will already do what you want (similar equivalence between increasing explosion velocity and decreasing target velocity).

Finally,

Battlecruisers are fleet ships. They are not epic singly, but they are able to cheaply bring dps, tank and a warfare link to a squad. If you want uber-dps application, consider the navy versions (expensive) or navy cruisers (same price).

Under no circumstances considers the navy drake, which is just awful. :-)

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".