These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Unsolved Mysteries

Author
Karak Bol
Low-Sec Survival Ltd.
#21 - 2013-12-09 11:08:52 UTC
Once, I jumped trough a wormhole into highsec... and entered the highsec system just in front of the top station undock
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-12-09 11:41:55 UTC
I got drunk once and gave all my isk to some random local beggar.

The mystery was that he gave it all back even tho I didn't want it back. Shocked

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

gaijiin pok
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-12-09 17:36:58 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
I once found an unpiloted pod in space.

You know, like those noobships and shuttles that are floating around highsec gates because the owner ejected from them? Like that, but a pod.

How it got there, I have no clue. There was a big laggy (that was before TiDi) fleet battle in that system a day before, so maybe it had something to do with that.

I was able to board the pod. My original pod disappeared and I was piloting the new pod. Nothing changed about my skills or implants.

Couple years ago A corpie had a CCP meltdown as she undocked to brawl with some wartargets - nothing would respond, ship blew, podded... after the podding the intact pod just sat there in the system of Mies until downtime -It had the board ship option, but wouldn't actually let anyone board.

of course their logs showed nothing...
ElQuirko
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#24 - 2013-12-09 21:03:45 UTC
I jumped into a WT gatecamp in highsec in a dual-plated proteus. The mystery of how they failed to lock and tackle me before I warped remains to this day.

Dodixie > Hek

Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#25 - 2013-12-09 21:10:48 UTC
one time i double-tapped my cloak button in a helios as I entered system in a bubble with an active camp. maybe the guys camping were shooting something else, but I managed to re-cloak after a very long 2 seconds without getting killed.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#26 - 2013-12-09 21:17:40 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
I jumped into a WT gatecamp in highsec in a dual-plated proteus. The mystery of how they failed to lock and tackle me before I warped remains to this day.

They probably fell asleep while waiting for you to get there.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-12-09 21:30:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Guttripper
My brother played this game for a time and started about a week after I did back then (over seven years ago). The game was much more brutal to new players since practically nothing was spelled out, much less handed out. So both of us tinkered around, doing missions and whatnot when he logged in one day to find his wallet one billion ISK richer a few hours ago from previously logging out back then! We both thought perhaps it was a donation to the wrong person, but when we checked, that donator never existed in game...
Xuixien
Critical Horizon
Beyond the Breach
#28 - 2013-12-09 21:39:04 UTC
Adree Jericho wrote:
So there's a thing that's been bothering me for a year:

Sometime ago I logged into Eve and was searching through some of my personal assets. That's when I noticed an entry I'd never seen before. It was an Iteron Mark V - named the Hugo Von Goremaster! - that was just hanging out in a system I had nothing else in that at the time I'd never visited. I went to pick it up and realized when I got there that I didn't have the skill to fly it, nor the skill for the fairly standard fittings and rigs that emphasized cargo space. My contract history was clean of any records for such a thing nor had I had it traded to me (evidenced by having never been in the system).

Yet there it was.

And there it has sit ever since it came into my possession. With nothing in its cargo hold but slowly collecting space dust, it has sat in Tarta and bothered me in concept and in clutter. I can't for the life of me explain how I got it.

Maybe a corp "delivered" it to you?

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Maxim Hibra
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2013-12-09 22:23:58 UTC
A corpmae of mine had a ship blown up inside a POS shield by a stealth bomber. The bomber uncloaked outside the buble, fired a bomb and warped off, and somehow the explosion destroyed a ship inside the forcefield. Now, I'm not quite sure how force fields and bombs are supposed to interract, but I'm pretty sure that is not supposed to happen since I don't see swarms of bombers firing bombs at people inside POS shields every day.

As for me, I noticed my alt for some reason has a some t2 shield tanking mobs and cruise missile launchers in a station 20 jumps away from where I have the character normally stationed, and I have no recollection on how they got there. Especially weird since said character is skilled for hauling and industry, so I have no reason to even buy cruise launchers.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#30 - 2013-12-09 22:48:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
I once sold one trit for 20 mil. On market.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#31 - 2013-12-10 00:07:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
... then there is the ongoing question of what to do with all those Villard Wheels. I see they got a new icon for "Rubicon". Perhaps they will be needed for a grandiose purpose in the years to come. Jumpgates ? Or perhaps the necessary component in some new personal structure ?

If only Jacques Cousteau were here to tackle this enigma in a one hour PBS special. Pirate

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Aurora Fatalis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-12-10 00:14:55 UTC
I have Rockets V, Hacking V, and a procurer I can't fly.

I have no idea why.

If Chribba told you not to trust him, would you?

Savnire Jacitu
Abysmal Gentlemen
We Didn't Mean It
#33 - 2013-12-10 02:06:21 UTC
Once someone gave me 2 bil in isk. Never said anything to me about, denied my PM requests, and never sent back any mail.

So cool I guess.

NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#34 - 2013-12-10 03:52:23 UTC
Aurora Fatalis wrote:
I have Rockets V, Hacking V, and a procurer I can't fly.

I have no idea why.

Is it named Tritanium Death Ship?
If so it played a merry trade game and ended up with you.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#35 - 2013-12-10 05:22:53 UTC
sounds like an error in the matrix.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

KuroVolt
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#36 - 2013-12-10 05:39:37 UTC
Sometime last year, just after buying a new ceptor and returning to station from its maiden voyage, I opened up the cargo just to see a corpse in there that I did not remember picking up at all. Creepy as hell.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

KuroVolt
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#37 - 2013-12-10 05:43:15 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
I once found an unpiloted pod in space.

You know, like those noobships and shuttles that are floating around highsec gates because the owner ejected from them? Like that, but a pod.

How it got there, I have no clue. There was a big laggy (that was before TiDi) fleet battle in that system a day before, so maybe it had something to do with that.

I was able to board the pod. My original pod disappeared and I was piloting the new pod. Nothing changed about my skills or implants.

I have seen this happen aswell.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

electrostatus
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2013-12-10 06:46:28 UTC
Once while flying into a star someone scanned me down. Later that same guy gave me at least 15 corpses he found while scanning. No idea what compelled him to give me a pile of corpses, nor why I accepted.

I still have them somewhere.

Asteroid Timer: Know exactly when that roid depletes! PI Profit Calculator: calculates your profits and taxes of any PI product depending on how you built them!

Jove Death
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2013-12-10 08:51:59 UTC
I once found a Fooking "BIG BUG" in EvE and no it wasnt edited. This is and original screen shot Shocked

Work that one out

Big Bug In EvE

Quoting "you will die" in EvE is fail Chars dont die in EvE. Unless you have a heart attack eek.

Gliese Casserres
Huopatossutehdas
#40 - 2013-12-10 08:52:52 UTC
My visited systems log on the star-map shows me going deep into lowsec space during my noob days when I was terrified of such place. I have no recollection of going there (was not drunk) nor can I find any reason why would I go into such god-forsaken place, especially if afraid of such place.
Previous page123Next page