These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Suicide ganking - too much - solution

First post
Author
Zol Interbottom
Blimp Requisition Services
#181 - 2013-12-09 08:43:42 UTC
I got ganked in a Myrmidon, which coincidentally was the entirety of all of my material wealth, insurance was good but i wasn't buying a new one to go pewpew DED complexes in, I'm back in a Catalyst for a while (or PI, WH PI).

Now who do i blame? myself for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, the gankers who were looking for a quick payday or no-one because its just a ******* game about internet spaceships know for its outrageous PvP exploits and i just happened to be part of one?

There's nothing wrong with the games mechanics, the fact that you were auto-piloting makes any argument you have worthless, its like getting on a boat, turning the motor up to FAST and popping a couple of roofies, it's your own ******* fault when you drift into a storm and drown.

"If you're quitting for the 3rd time you clearly ain't quitting" - Chribba

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#182 - 2013-12-09 08:45:54 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
some secure point

No such animal found

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#183 - 2013-12-09 08:46:38 UTC
I'll just... right here...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSDNPFCPfY

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#184 - 2013-12-09 08:54:45 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Im pissed for 2 reasons:

1) my tengu had a cool name and it SHOULDNT have exploded with that name

Name tank best tank.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#185 - 2013-12-09 11:03:47 UTC
Certainly there must be some competent and intelligent pilots living in WH space, steady and charismatic people who steer their craft with a firm hand and a clear eye.

Unfortunately in my experience something happens to WH dwellers that combines incredible riches with smug and whine.

When the gankers in hisec HTFU and realise that the ultimate tears are from WH bling-mach lossmails, then WH space will see more organised incursions of cloaked killers with patience and skill, perhaps even directly evolved from the simple parasites that are dedicated contemporary hisec ganktards.

Disclosure: i have killed non-combat ships just because. In null low and high. Not proud, just sayin.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Eram Fidard
Doomheim
#186 - 2013-12-09 15:12:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Eram Fidard
Nice to see this thread is still going.

Also nice to see there are still people in eve who think they should be safe.

Here's some of my favourite posts (condensed):

-OP (just pay isk, isk is a balancing factor, right? oh btw I have my own infinite isk fountain) XD

-Frozen Chief (I can AFK mine x3 and gank x1. oh btw I only need one char to gank, and afk mining still exists) XXDD

-Xen Solarus (obligatory "ganking is ezpz" from someone who has no idea what they are talking about) XXXDDD

-J3ssica Alba (guys, eve would totally shut down if the carebears went on strike, so stop shooting us, k?) XXXXDDDD

-Dr0000 Maulerant (all you have to do is gank for awhile then go run anoms. I do it all the time, see how easy it is?) XXXXXDDDDD (shows that you know zero about the mentality. Why the hell would anyone grind soul-crushing red x's when someone else can do it for you?)

-Ahvram (all goons have recycled cata alts, grrrrrrr!) XXXXXXDDDDDD

-Katran Luftschreck (lock off hisec permanently to gankers!!) XXXXXXXDDDDDDD

Pure gold. Although you have to wonder how these people don't just wink out of existence from extreme cognitive dissonance.

Poster is not to be held responsible for damages to keyboards and/or noses caused by hot beverages.

Jdestars
Stars Research systems Incorporation
#187 - 2013-12-09 15:21:49 UTC
add permently -10 standing againt the high sec faction for terrorist propaganda and act ;)

and the rat will be in the good place => null sec and revamp the yoyo effect standing
Eram Fidard
Doomheim
#188 - 2013-12-09 15:33:22 UTC
Jdestars wrote:
add permently -10 standing againt the high sec faction for terrorist propaganda and act ;)

and the rat will be in the good place => null sec and revamp the yoyo effect standing

What?

I'll bite...

Translation:

Anyone ganking should get a permanent -10 towards the faction space they are ganking in. After all, they are terrorists.

Rats in nullsec are good? But they should not give standings (??)

In-Depth Response:

No.

Poster is not to be held responsible for damages to keyboards and/or noses caused by hot beverages.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#189 - 2013-12-09 15:42:34 UTC
Jdestars wrote:

Or people could tank thier ship and there would be no need to revamp rat code. Being at the keyboard saved my vindi a few weeks ago. Seems like it`s harder to gank a ship when the resist mods are running. Who would of though of that...
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#190 - 2013-12-09 16:22:57 UTC
Eram Fidard wrote:
Nice to see this thread is still going.

Also nice to see there are still people in eve who think they should be safe.

Here's some of my favourite posts (condensed):

-OP (just pay isk, isk is a balancing factor, right? oh btw I have my own infinite isk fountain) XD

-Frozen Chief (I can AFK mine x3 and gank x1. oh btw I only need one char to gank, and afk mining still exists) XXDD

-Xen Solarus (obligatory "ganking is ezpz" from someone who has no idea what they are talking about) XXXDDD

-J3ssica Alba (guys, eve would totally shut down if the carebears went on strike, so stop shooting us, k?) XXXXDDDD

-Dr0000 Maulerant (all you have to do is gank for awhile then go run anoms. I do it all the time, see how easy it is?) XXXXXDDDDD (shows that you know zero about the mentality. Why the hell would anyone grind soul-crushing red x's when someone else can do it for you?)

-Ahvram (all goons have recycled cata alts, grrrrrrr!) XXXXXXDDDDDD

-Katran Luftschreck (lock off hisec permanently to gankers!!) XXXXXXXDDDDDDD

Pure gold. Although you have to wonder how these people don't just wink out of existence from extreme cognitive dissonance.

So you think ...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Eram Fidard
Doomheim
#191 - 2013-12-09 23:24:46 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:

So you think ...

Usually ...

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#192 - 2013-12-09 23:32:16 UTC
Jdestars wrote:

Likewise, anyone who shoots an empire faction rat should be permanently -10 to that faction amirite?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Shizuka Mena
Bloodfriends
#193 - 2013-12-10 00:37:27 UTC
Regardless of recycling characters with negative sec being bannable, there is no point as you don't need to. Personally quite proud of being full outlaw and still able to gank.

I assume people think ganking is easy because targets normally don't fight back. Of course none of the planning, concord manipulation, insta undocks, setting up of warp ins takes effort or skill.

also you can fight back... I was counter ganked today. If ganking is really a problem, workout how to avoid it or take revenge... You know create content.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#194 - 2013-12-10 00:43:30 UTC
Shizuka Mena wrote:

also you can fight back... I was counter ganked today. If ganking is really a problem, workout how to avoid it or take revenge... You know create content.
That would require effort, something some people are incapable of.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Meilandra Vanderganken
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#195 - 2013-12-10 15:25:16 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Shizuka Mena wrote:

That would require effort, something some people are incapable of.

What surprises me is the ammount of ppl that won't change their ways even if you spoon feed them simple tips and fittings. Like fitting a damage control to that mackinaw and having a flight of ECM drones handy. They'll completely ignore the advice since they have no clue what you're talking about or give you some whine about it hurting their yield/not having any money for it (I'm surprised how often ppl flying 30-250M ships claim they don't have money for a few modules)/not having any skills to fit it (don't let 2 hours of training so you can use the cheap named one instead of the T2 version stand in your way)/any other excuse that exempts them from having to act.

After a gank I usually post the killmail in local and post a guide containing tips on avoiding gankage and try to chat up the locals a bit (what else is there to do when waiting out the 15 min timer right?) and these are usually the responses you get.

Some simply ask to be left alone. "Hey, can you plz not gank me but other guy? Kthxbai!". After you tell them that using the tips I just linked in local will do them more good than asking gankers to be nice to them they revert to the gibberish responses above....

It's simply amazing really... What causes this? The whining after gankage shows it's not that they don't care. Is it lazyness? I'm as lazy as the best of 'm but even I can't resist being spoon fed (somewhat) complex game mechanics/tips/anything I can use to my advantage.
Jonah Gravenstein
#196 - 2013-12-10 19:51:57 UTC
Welcome to the concept of "everyone is special", some people expect a reward for doing stuff, like losing...

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Foodpimp
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#197 - 2013-12-10 19:58:32 UTC
Eve Online...

Where the sandbox meets "lord of the flies"....and all the children abused by their stepfathers....

Enjoy!
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#198 - 2013-12-11 00:46:08 UTC
Shizuka Mena wrote:
If ganking is really a problem, workout how to avoid it or take revenge... You know create content.

what about ccp creating some concord buff content

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Joia Crenca
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#199 - 2013-12-11 00:48:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Joia Crenca
Shizuka Mena wrote:
Regardless of recycling characters with negative sec being bannable, there is no point as you don't need to. Personally quite proud of being full outlaw and still able to gank.

I assume people think ganking is easy because targets normally don't fight back. Of course none of the planning, concord manipulation, insta undocks, setting up of warp ins takes effort or skill.

I have another thread going, but one thing I noted was that the characters used to perform 'mission runner ganks' didn't seem to lose sec very quickly. They were able to remain in the region for a number of ganks. Does an act that lower sec status vary in sec cost if you're in 0.5 as opposed to doing that same gank in 0.7 space? Or was the ganker able to kill a few belt rats to quickly regain sec status enough to remain 'ganker-active' for several hours?
Jonah Gravenstein
#200 - 2013-12-11 00:54:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Joia Crenca wrote:
Shizuka Mena wrote:

I have another thread going, but one thing I noted was that the characters used to perform 'mission runner ganks' didn't seem to lose sec very quickly. They were able to remain in the region for a number of ganks. Does an act that lower sec status vary in sec cost if you're in 0.5 as opposed to doing that same gank in 0.7 space? Or was the ganker able to kill a few belt rats to quickly regain sec status enough to remain 'ganker-active' for several hours?

Suicide gankers can and do operate in highsec with a sec status of -10. Concord doesn't go after them unless they have a criminal flag, the only things they have to worry about when not criminally flagged are the faction navy, who are both tankable and outrunnable; and other players, who generally don't shoot at them despite it being open season on them.

They do so by having pre bookmarked insta undocks, using small fast ships to travel around, not using AP or being AFK and generally knowing how to deal with the hazards of their profession.

If you want to make life difficult for them, figure out the stations they're operating from, camp them with instalocking high alpha ships and pop them as they undock, you'll have to be quick though, an insta undock is just that, pretty much instant. Concord won't interfere if they have a -5 or worse sec status. Their tool of choice is generally a Catalyst, with a suicide gank fit, it's made of belly button fluff so should explode quite readily.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack