These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

best nullsec guristas ratting ship?

Author
Natau Anninen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-12-08 04:30:05 UTC
I can only fly Amarr battleships but gonna get in a corp that lives in guristas area.

So I need to get a new ratting boat good for guristas.

I'm thinking of between Domi, Navy Domi, and Vindi. What's the best?

Or any other ship suggestions? Plus, if you can bring me a good fit examples I would be appreciated.
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-12-08 05:25:49 UTC
Vindicator if you can stay alert and have good intel all around you. Dominix or Ishtar if you want to semi-afk. Tengu or Ishtar for complexes and escalations.
xPredat0rz
Project.Nova
The Initiative.
#3 - 2013-12-08 05:38:23 UTC  |  Edited by: xPredat0rz
many tools in the shed. All serve a good purpose. There is no one this is the best ever...

Vindis still print isk but at great risk.

Ravens/CNR/Golems/ Tengus can all make massive amounts of isk

Gila/Rattle/ishtar/domi all good drone boats.

I have used a few of the above mentioned ships to run havens sanctums 7/10s and 10/10s. As a pure amarr pilot your basically ****** though.

Ninja edit you could do a drone cruise missile geddon while you train for a domi.
Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-12-08 06:00:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Xequecal
Natau Anninen wrote:
I can only fly Amarr battleships but gonna get in a corp that lives in guristas area.

Or any other ship suggestions? Plus, if you can bring me a good fit examples I would be appreciated.

Cruise Geddon is by far the best if you have sentry and missile skills. 35m ticks easily if you chain forsaken hubs, and it's pretty cheap too. It's much better than a Domi. The ability to fit cruise missiles (more DPS than rails, no cap use, easier to fit) far outstrips the tracking/range bonuses for drones on a Domi.
Julius Priscus
#5 - 2013-12-08 06:27:52 UTC
any ship that can do lotsa damage and does not get jammed all the time.
Natau Anninen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-12-08 06:30:01 UTC
No missile skills here...:p How about jamming? ECM isn't a problem? How about Domi vs Navy Domi?
Froggy Storm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2013-12-08 08:52:24 UTC
In guri space jamming can be a problem in almost all plex and several of the mid to high end anoms. That is one of the reasons that drone only Ishtar is competitive without any real guns. That said an ECCM of the right flavor can help if you have the fitting room. Myself, I'm a fan of the ish over the vindi just for the cost to loss ratio. With an ish running laps in f-hubs and a mobile tractor then you can squeeze in 3-4 an hour without any effort at all. Each of those hubs being worth about 30m on average. So in three hours or so the ish has more than paid for itself. The vindi on the other hand runs each anom much faster, however it needs a lot more attention paid and many more anoms total before it breaks even.

For plex runs a couple potato domis are very efficient and require little :effort:
Majindoom Shi
Nightmare Logistics
#8 - 2013-12-11 09:58:01 UTC
Xequecal wrote:
Natau Anninen wrote:

Cruise Geddon is by far the best if you have sentry and missile skills. 35m ticks easily if you chain forsaken hubs, and it's pretty cheap too. It's much better than a Domi. The ability to fit cruise missiles (more DPS than rails, no cap use, easier to fit) far outstrips the tracking/range bonuses for drones on a Domi.

How would you fit this please?
Ultim8Evil
Exit-Strategy
Unchained Alliance
#9 - 2013-12-11 12:08:13 UTC
Majindoom Shi wrote:
Xequecal wrote:
Natau Anninen wrote:

[Armageddon, ANOM]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Shadow Serpentis Armor Kinetic Hardener
Shadow Serpentis Armor Thermic Hardener
Large Armor Repairer II

Sensor Booster II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Cruise Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Cruise Missile

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I

Garde II x5

Something like that

Follow me on Twitter for literally no good reason @TheUltim8Evil

Aivo Dresden
State War Academy
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-12-11 13:19:55 UTC
I would go with an Ishtar. Their main damage types are your main resistances and sentries are pretty much unaffected by their EWAR. You can also fit an Ishtar fairly cheap and still be very effective.
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#11 - 2013-12-11 14:18:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Soldarius
Since OP has no missile skills, that really limits his possibilities. I think the Ishtar suggestion is the best one. Amarr cross-train into drones very easily. You can nano-fit the Ishtar, drop sentries which don't care about jamming, and then burn away or rep the drones to keep aggro off of them. Ishtar T2 resists match perfectly against Guristas damage profile and you can choose between Wardens and Gardes for the best damage-type and range choice.

Should be easy mode ratting.

You could also use a Naga and snipe from range if you don't have the skills for an Ishtar.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#12 - 2013-12-11 16:24:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Batelle
if OP has high skills I think the navy domi would edge out the vindi for effective/applied damage as well as tank.

Shield tank with deadspace kinetic hardeners, probably only a single omnilink is necessary, you can use wardens to hit BS that are outside garde range.

Ishtar will do 80% of the damage of a pimp BS with more tank and better application for like 10% of the cost.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Sandrestal
Pakistani Taxi Drivers
#13 - 2013-12-12 17:08:18 UTC
If op had good missile skills I'd say the fleet typhoon. My other acct. gets over 1300 dps with cruise/wardens and gets 24 mil a tic
Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2013-12-12 17:22:48 UTC
Majindoom Shi wrote:

[New Setup 4]
Ballistic Control System II

Pith B-Type Large Shield Booster
Cap Recharger II
Dread Guristas Kinetic Deflection Field
Dread Guristas Kinetic Deflection Field

Cruise Missile Launcher II,Scourge Fury Cruise Missile
Small 'Solace' Remote Armor Repairer
Heavy Diminishing Power System Drain I

Large Bay Loading Accelerator II
Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Drones_Active=Garde II,5

Needs CA-1, CA-2, 2% CPU implant.

1414 DPS, the only Gurista rat with an orbit range >34km are Pith Dismantlers so range mods are unnecessary. Not cap stable but really doesn't need to be with how fast this will vaporize sites, just have to be careful not to kill the triggers early and spawn multiple waves. Only use the remote repper if your drones get aggro in order to get aggro back onto yourself.

To really max out DPS, use CN BCS to free up CPU and replace a screen reinforcer rig with a drone scope chip. That will give you 1450 DPS and 34500m Garde optimal, which will put all Gurista rats within optimal at their orbit ranges and you don't even need to move around.