These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

We can bribe concord for war....but let's take it further ;)

Author
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2013-12-06 23:22:11 UTC
Lors Dornick wrote:
Praethis Starloe wrote:
I'll keep this relatively short and sweet.
We can bribe Concord to kill nubs in Hi-sec, this is awesome!

But lets take it a step further.....What if we could bribe concord to allow us to attack anyone on low-sec gates without Gate gun aggro?

F&I, two floors down.

They might be interested.

Yes, but...

Nerf gate guns.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Mr Pragmatic
#22 - 2013-12-07 00:02:27 UTC
Drinking and posting is bad, mkay?

Super cali hella yolo swaga dopeness.  -Yoloswaggins, in the fellowship of the bling.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-12-07 00:22:35 UTC
Karrl Tian wrote:
Kahega Amielden wrote:
Because it would make gate camps substantially more powerful and they really don't need to be.

Actually, lack of sentry guns would probably do the opposite. Gate camps would be more common, sure, but they'd be less powerful and they could be done with cheaper ships and lower SP characters. Sebos still work and small ships can still decloak people so sentry guns don't actually do much beyond dictating the ships you use in your camp.

As it stands now, you need at least high-buffed cruisers to hold stuff down on gate and kill it, so most camps you'll run into in low are made up of very powerful ships like BCs, BS's and T3s rather than just hodge-podge groups of frigs and dessies that are cheap and easily accessible to beginning pvp'ers, hence their popularity in faction warfare.

Best thing CCP did for lowsec imo was making gate guns deaggress when you warp off, allowing the use of sub-BC ships in camps with a reasonable chance of surviving if they moved quick enough, even letting them be able to aggress more than once every 15 minutes.

Less powerful is meaningless if you are pointed in a hauler. They can kill you slowly HP by HP. For armed ship it might make a difference but those just won't be targeted because most people won't engage a fight not biased toward them anyway.
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-12-07 02:50:49 UTC
I'd be willing to donate money to the Concord if they banned certain people from the forums.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-12-07 03:42:02 UTC
Kahega Amielden wrote:
Because it would make gate camps substantially more powerful and they really don't need to be.

Gate camps with with high alpha ships aligned out already exist.

You pre align and shot a couple volleys then warp out and back. I believe this is the new normal for large gate camps with fragile high damage ships.
Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#26 - 2013-12-07 10:30:41 UTC
This already exists.

People with a sec lower than -5 can be attacked without sentry-aggro
People who are agressed can be attacked without sentry-aggro

So what you really want is some guts to go after these guys. CCP cant give you that all the way from Iceland. You need to ask your mom about this.

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#27 - 2013-12-07 10:32:43 UTC
Praethis Starloe wrote:

But lets take it a step further.....What if we could bribe concord to allow us to attack anyone on low-sec gates without Gate gun aggro?

In my dream: The CEO of a corporation could buy a contract allowing us to attack anyone on gates for say a week at a set price.

We could put full use of the Interceptor frigates in low-sec if this were possible.
Hell
Frigate pvp could finally exist on gates in low-sec :D

I am being EXTREMELY selfish with this idea....i love frigates....so what?

But honestly...in comparison to bribing concord in hi-sec for full out wars....why should this topic be overlooked?

Have at me dogs of the forums.

Frigate pvp does exist at gates in low sec, you just got to know the rules of how to deaggro.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-12-07 11:03:47 UTC
Yarda Black wrote:
This already exists.

So what you really want is some guts to go after these guys. CCP cant give you that all the way from Iceland. You need to ask your mom about this.

Go take a look at his killboard.

Now take a look at yours.

Now take a look at his again.

Now apologise profusely.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Lugalbandak
Lego3
#29 - 2013-12-07 11:09:37 UTC
Praethis Starloe wrote:

In my dream: The CEO of a corporation could buy a contract allowing us to attack anyone on gates for say a week at a set price.

We could put full use of the Interceptor frigates in low-sec if this were possible.
Hell

But honestly...in comparison to bribing concord in hi-sec for full out wars....why should this topic be overlooked?

im sure you just joking

The police horse is the only animal in the world that haz his male genitals on his back

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2013-12-07 11:13:13 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Praethis Starloe wrote:

Hell

Frigate pvp does exist at gates in low sec, you just got to know the rules of how to deaggro.

We know the 'rules'. We just don't like them.

We know how to use multiple assault frigates to aggro on gate/station, have whoever is taking sentry guns first warp off then straight back again, and then everyone else follow procedurally, and as long as one ship has the target tackled, those frigates that return won't take sentry gun fire again. We are well aware of this. The problem is, it's overly complicated.

I, for one, would like sentry guns removed from low sec entirely. But, I can also see why that might be a problem for the time being. What Praethis is saying is, it would be cool if we could bribe the navies that operate them to turn them off temporarily, like a wardec but not a wardec. Unprovoked aggression would still result in loss of sec status. As a side-effect or drawback of such a change, perhaps CCP could also make navies and sentry guns in high sec more effective and more aggressive, making it more difficult for those that choose unprovoked aggression to then operate in high sec.

I, personally, would just like to see frigate use become a more viable option in low sec than it currently is, however it's achieved.

Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#31 - 2013-12-07 11:25:36 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Yarda Black wrote:
This already exists.

Now apologise profusely.

So I did. Fair is fair; not as terrible as I expected.
Not nearly impressive enough for me to apologize either.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-12-07 11:32:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Yarda Black wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Yarda Black wrote:
This already exists.

Now apologise profusely.

So I did. Fair is fair; not as terrible as I expected.
Not nearly impressive enough for me to apologize either.

HAHAHAHAHA

Look at his age. By the time he's as old as you are now, he'll have four times the kills you do now, most of them solo.

It's no wonder Spaceship Samurai are such consistent epic failures.

Firstly, you assume he's not got the 'guts' to go after players with low sec status, and you don't even look at what he does go after, or what he goes after it with. And then you stick your nose up at his KB as if it's 'unimpressive'. Well sorry miss, we'd get on 'your level' if it pleased you... but we're too lazy to stoop that low.

Karrl Tian
Doomheim
#33 - 2013-12-07 11:35:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Karrl Tian
Frostys Virpio wrote:

Less powerful is meaningless if you are pointed in a hauler. They can kill you slowly HP by HP. For armed ship it might make a difference but those just won't be targeted because most people won't engage a fight not biased toward them anyway.

T1 Haulers not using scouts/MWD-cloak/WCS are going to die on a gate in lowsec regardless so it's a moot point. Armed ships get ganked even under sentry fire all the time, especially now that everybody's got t1-logi all over the place.
Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#34 - 2013-12-07 11:56:08 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA

Look at his age. By the time he's as old as you are now, he'll have four times the kills you do now, most of them solo.

Firstly, you assume he's not got the 'guts' to go after players with low sec status, and you don't even look at what he does go after, or what he goes after it with. And then you stick your nose up at his KB as if it's 'unimpressive'. Well sorry miss, we'd get on 'your level' if it pleased you... but we're too lazy to stoop that low.

NOW I'm happy!

I'm at the verge of apalozing. This is some decent pirate trash-talk.

However; dumb as I was for not checking his killboard; where was this guy when you boys toured Immensea and grabbed those canes of Spaceship Samurai? How does his massive noctis killingspree compare to the rest of you?
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2013-12-07 12:09:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
Praethis Starloe wrote:
Notorious felon - check my kills, i don't camp OMS or anything. I'd just like to see frigates stand a chance on attacking anything in low-sec without being instapopped by the overpowered guns.

Kahega Amielden- mmm I can sort of agree with you, I just hate seeing frigate pvp be restricted to Hi-sec/null-sec :/ it's pretty hard to get fun frigate pvp.

If it's about frigates, maybe make it so that frigs will be only targeted by "low-caliber" anti-frig-only gate guns?
I think I've seen exactly this suggestion when CCP were addressing lowsec few expansions ago...
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-12-07 13:08:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Yarda Black wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA

NOW I'm happy!

However; dumb as I was for not checking his killboard; where was this guy when you boys toured Immensea and grabbed those canes of Spaceship Samurai? How does his massive noctis killingspree compare to the rest of you?

A kill is a kill is a kill. His Noctis killing spree doesn't quite stack up to the Vindi he killed in an armour Merlin.... but I bet you ignored that one on purpose.

Also, where were we?? Probably not in this alliance yet.

Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#37 - 2013-12-07 13:46:10 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Yarda Black wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA

NOW I'm happy!

A kill is a kill is a kill. His Noctis killing spree doesn't quite stack up to the Vindi he killed in an armour Merlin.... but I bet you ignored that one on purpose.

Also, where were we?? Probably not in this alliance yet.

No... not the forum K.O I was hoping for. But I did enjoy the little banter our shared hobby made possible. So I will show you why I'm going to apologize anyway:

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=20747308

I hereby apologize to the OP for attacking his eveskill without proper research and attacking him as a player instead of sticking to commenting on his idea.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2013-12-07 13:56:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Yarda Black wrote:

No... not the forum K.O I was hoping for. But I did enjoy the little banter our shared hobby made possible. So I will show you why I'm going to apologize anyway:

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=20747308

I hereby apologize to the OP for attacking his eveskill without proper research and attacking him as a player instead of sticking to commenting on his idea.

I wasn't trying to K.O you, I didn't even want to see you eat your words. I just have a pet hate of speculative conclusions. You cannot discredit another player by virtue of assumption, and you dove straight into assumption. I accept your apology on behalf of Praethis, who is currently sleeping after a long day of various pvp activities, and on behalf of SYJ, who appreciates your new-found humility on the matter.

Also, linking killmails is against forum rules.

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#39 - 2013-12-07 19:16:00 UTC
Karrl Tian wrote:
Kahega Amielden wrote:

Actually, lack of sentry guns would probably do the opposite. Gate camps would be more common, sure, but they'd be less powerful and they could be done with cheaper ships and lower SP characters. Sebos still work and small ships can still decloak people so sentry guns don't actually do much beyond dictating the ships you use in your camp.

As it stands now, you need at least high-buffed cruisers to hold stuff down on gate and kill it, so most camps you'll run into in low are made up of very powerful ships like BCs, BS's and T3s rather than just hodge-podge groups of frigs and dessies that are cheap and easily accessible to beginning pvp'ers, hence their popularity in faction warfare.

Best thing CCP did for lowsec imo was making gate guns deaggress when you warp off, allowing the use of sub-BC ships in camps with a reasonable chance of surviving if they moved quick enough, even letting them be able to aggress more than once every 15 minutes.

Surviving a gatecamp isn't about fighting the camp unless you happen to be in a PVP-fit combat ship that happens to be able to take on whatever is camping the other side.

Surviving gatecamps is about evading them, and you can't evade them nearly as well when the camp consists of interceptors.
Previous page12