These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

We can bribe concord for war....but let's take it further ;)

Author
Praethis Starloe
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-12-06 20:15:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Praethis Starloe
I'll keep this relatively short and sweet.
We can bribe Concord to kill nubs in Hi-sec, this is awesome!

But lets take it a step further.....What if we could bribe concord to allow us to attack anyone on low-sec gates without Gate gun aggro?

In my dream: The CEO of a corporation could buy a contract allowing us to attack anyone on gates for say a week at a set price.

We could put full use of the Interceptor frigates in low-sec if this were possible.
Hell
Frigate pvp could finally exist on gates in low-sec :D

I am being EXTREMELY selfish with this idea....i love frigates....so what?

But honestly...in comparison to bribing concord in hi-sec for full out wars....why should this topic be overlooked?

Have at me dogs of the forums.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-12-06 20:16:38 UTC
Praethis Starloe wrote:

But lets take it a step further.....What if we could bribe concord to allow us to attack on low-sec gates without Gate gun aggro?

In my dream: The CEO of a corporation could buy a contract allowing us to attack on gates for say a week at a set price.

We could put full use of the Interceptor frigates in low-sec if this were possible.
Hell
Frigate pvp could finally exist on gates in low-sec :D

I am being EXTREMELY selfish with this idea....i love frigates....so what?

But honestly...in comparison to bribing concord in hi-sec for full out wars....why should this topic be overlooked?

Have at me dogs of the forums.

Attacking war targets in low sec trigger gate guns?
Praethis Starloe
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-12-06 20:35:36 UTC
I forgot a major keyword in there, i edited the first post from

"But lets take it a step further.....What if we could bribe concord to allow us to attack on low-sec gates without Gate gun aggro? "

to

"But lets take it a step further.....What if we could bribe concord to allow us to attack anyone on low-sec gates without Gate gun aggro? "

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#4 - 2013-12-06 20:36:40 UTC
Because it would make gate camps substantially more powerful and they really don't need to be.
Notorious Fellon
#5 - 2013-12-06 20:38:19 UTC
So you want the ability to gate camp newbies flying into Old Man Star on their first lvl 2 hauling mission *without risk*?

Maybe you should seek pvp against those who have high slots with hard points. Then maybe there would at least be the potential for them to shoot back.

Crime, it is not a "career", it is a lifestyle.

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#6 - 2013-12-06 20:39:24 UTC
Also, allow us to bribe CONCORD to pop anyone in Highsec with negative security status, provided we have a positive one. The greater the difference in security status, the cheaper it gets. An extra fee includes capsules and not just ships. Let's have CONCORD fight our wars against the negative security gankbears!
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-12-06 20:39:58 UTC
I got a better idea

Nerf low-sec gate gates.

And while we're at it, nerf high sec :D

Also...

Posting in a stealth nerf high sec thread.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-12-06 20:45:05 UTC
Notorious Fellon wrote:
So you want the ability to gate camp newbies flying into Old Man Star on their first lvl 2 hauling mission *without risk*?

Maybe you should seek pvp against those who have high slots with hard points. Then maybe there would at least be the potential for them to shoot back.

You haven't looked at Praethis' killboard lately have you...

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Praethis Starloe
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-12-06 20:45:20 UTC
Notorious felon - check my kills, i don't camp OMS or anything. I'd just like to see frigates stand a chance on attacking anything in low-sec without being instapopped by the overpowered guns.

Kahega Amielden- mmm I can sort of agree with you, I just hate seeing frigate pvp be restricted to Hi-sec/null-sec :/ it's pretty hard to get fun frigate pvp.

Abrazzar- you shouldn't expect NPC death-douken bots to fight for you. In your defense you could say "then you shouldn't expect NPC death-douken bots to let you aggress on gates"

Ambassador Crane
Hellhound Productions
#10 - 2013-12-06 21:29:40 UTC
The name of your current alliance says it all.
Ezekiel Ironstone
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2013-12-06 21:30:18 UTC
Or you could sit tight and train Patience to V.

In the interview linked recently on facebook, CCP Fozzie answered with an affirmative when asked if they intend to turn all of New Eden into null sec.
Aih-Li Tahn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2013-12-06 21:32:22 UTC
i mite as well undock my hauler and self destruct, yes?Roll
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-12-06 22:03:52 UTC
Ezekiel Ironstone wrote:

In the interview linked recently on facebook, CCP Fozzie answered with an affirmative when asked if they intend to turn all of New Eden into null sec.

Oh, those were his words? Citation needed please, I want to see what he actually said, not how you interpret it.

Dont UseYourAlt OnTheForums
Doomheim
#14 - 2013-12-06 22:07:01 UTC
Sentry guns dont belong to concord.

What is it with concord again you were saying??

Thought so..
Karrl Tian
Doomheim
#15 - 2013-12-06 22:42:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Karrl Tian
Kahega Amielden wrote:
Because it would make gate camps substantially more powerful and they really don't need to be.

Actually, lack of sentry guns would probably do the opposite. Gate camps would be more common, sure, but they'd be less powerful and they could be done with cheaper ships and lower SP characters. Sebos still work and small ships can still decloak people so sentry guns don't actually do much beyond dictating the ships you use in your camp.

As it stands now, you need at least high-buffed cruisers to hold stuff down on gate and kill it, so most camps you'll run into in low are made up of very powerful ships like BCs, BS's and T3s rather than just hodge-podge groups of frigs and dessies that are cheap and easily accessible to beginning pvp'ers, hence their popularity in faction warfare.

Best thing CCP did for lowsec imo was making gate guns deaggress when you warp off, allowing the use of sub-BC ships in camps with a reasonable chance of surviving if they moved quick enough, even letting them be able to aggress more than once every 15 minutes.
Praethis Starloe
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-12-06 22:56:24 UTC
Ambassador Crane- Rather than focusing on what alliance i am in, try finding a better retort to my post than my origins. This is why you're bad at Eve.

Karrl Tian- I've had problems with that mechanic (warping off after aggressing and warping back to lose gate gun aggro) I was shooting an anathema on gate . After killing it in the -10 seconds allowed by the god-feared gate guns i warped off, came back, and the gate guns reaggressed me :C.....so yea...still a bit buggy.

Dont UseYourAlt OnTheForums- I apologize if you expected me to give a damn about (who controls the gate guns) i honestly don't care, bribes can be offered to WHOEVER the **** owns it. This is a simple idea you lore-humping nerd.

Aih-Li Tahn- There is a very very very very very annoying technique used by haulers these days. Fit a prototype cloak, mwd, burst your mwd while aligning to destination, cloak, at the precipice of your mwd cycle decloak and instawarp.....i hate this technique as they dodge me all the time...but training yields positive results :)

IS THERE ANYBODY ELSE WHO WANTS A PIECE OF MY MIND?!
The Spod
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-12-06 22:56:48 UTC
Meh.

I was hoping this would be a post about bribing CONCORDOKKEN on people, priced by security status and ship of the mark. Would be pretty cool and a really nice ISK&material sink.
Xavier Higdon
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-12-06 23:03:07 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Ezekiel Ironstone wrote:

Oh, those were his words? Citation needed please, I want to see what he actually said, not how you interpret it.

Nope, his words were basically that high sec will stay high sec while low sec and null sec remain low sec and null sec respectfully. But let Ezekiel dream, after all he just wants to feel powerful as he mows down rookie ships and he just can't do that as things stand today.
Praethis Starloe
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2013-12-06 23:03:17 UTC
For the love of god.....learn to PVP so you don't have to keep dreaming about killing people in game with the NPC's super powers.
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#20 - 2013-12-06 23:11:08 UTC
Praethis Starloe wrote:

But lets take it a step further.....What if we could bribe concord to allow us to attack anyone on low-sec gates without Gate gun aggro?

F&I, two floors down.

They might be interested.

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

12Next page