These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon 1.1] Sisters of EVE Battleship

First post First post First post
Author
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#781 - 2013-12-05 14:56:04 UTC
Mr Pragmatic wrote:
Seriously 1,000,000 LP? How long will that take to earn?

A while- because most pirate battleships aren't available in high-sec.
marVLs
#782 - 2013-12-05 15:02:15 UTC
So in next few hours Rise wil give us some silly arguments about not leting go scaning/data bonuses... great, rebalancing ships with adding another broken, the same and useless hull.
Koban Agalder
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#783 - 2013-12-05 15:02:40 UTC
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci wrote:
Mr Pragmatic wrote:

Other pirate battleship are available as a drop. There is no drop of SOE ships (unless you blow up other capsullers:P)

James Arget for CSM 8! http://csm.fcftw.org 

Grenn Putubi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#784 - 2013-12-05 15:04:34 UTC
Mr Pragmatic wrote:

Farming SOE missions non-stop without bothering to go salvage them myself I can easily pull in 30-50k LP/hour. Even on the lower end of that, 30k/hour means it takes about 34 hours of missioning to earn the 1mil LP. That's certainly an investment of time, but not something I can't pound out in about 12 days of 3 hours/day farming.
CCP Rise
C C P
C C P Alliance
#785 - 2013-12-05 15:05:16 UTC
marVLs wrote:
So in next few hours Rise wil give us some silly arguments about not leting go scaning/data bonuses... great, rebalancing ships with adding another broken, the same and useless hull.

I don't really understand the argument for having getting rid of these. If they are gone, they wouldn't be replaced with something else. They are there because it keeps theme with the other two Sisters ships, and it will likely get used by at least some people for the occasional ghost site or finding sites or for future content that uses hacking.

@ccp_rise

Nimrodion
Xanthium Prime
#786 - 2013-12-05 15:06:08 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Okay, another short update:

Adding role bonus: 100% bonus to remote armor repairer range

We agreed that this will make quality of life a lot better when attempting to use the remote repair bonus without adding too much power.

Possibly a more detailed post in a couple hours regarding the discussion on black ops/bridging/cloaking and the all-over-the-place design, but I'm super busy atm and just wanted to make sure you guys knew about this change as soon as possible.

Thanks

Even with this addition, the Nestor can't justify it's high cost - it's still just an Armageddon with RR bonus instead of neut/NOS..but with a much higher price. As a pirate ship, it needs it's very own "wow" ability, unique among other ships in class. I suggest it be a small size ship maintenance bay, as per this concept. I've explained my reasoning behind this proposal in this post.

With it, the Nestor would become an exploration mothership of sorts, that would allow you to carry around ships for smaller complexes and enough space in cargo hold to hold all the resources needed for a short expedition to unknown space. People are already using alt Orcas for this purpose and a battleship would handle itself much better in the hostile space. A small Fleet Hangar would be helpful, but wouldn't be necessary with the already large cargo bay of Nestor in combination with the Mobile Depots.

But, even if you reject this proposal, please consider giving Nestor more powergrid - enough to fit a full set of guns at least.
#787 - 2013-12-05 15:07:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Seeing Fozzie's newest update, here's a modified design of the last one I suggested:

Nestor

Amarr Battleship Skill Bonus:
4% bonus to armor resists per level

Gallente Battleship Skill Bonus:
+1 active drone per level

Role Bonuses:
50% bonus to Large Energy Turret optimal range
50% bonus to drone tracking, optimal range and velocity
50% bonus to remote armor repairer amount
100% bonus to remote armor repairer range
50% bonus to scan strength of probes
+15 to virus strength of analyzers

Can fit Covert Ops Cloaking Devices

Drones under the control of this ship will not be targeted by Sleeper Drones

The Nestor is incapable of fitting Cynosural Field Generators

Slot Layout: 6H, 6M, 7L; 4 Turrets, 0 Launchers
Drones (bandwidth/bay): 200/500
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 90km / 95 / 7
Cargo Capacity: 700

Seeing as it's acceptable to use five role bonuses now, I suggest this.

This ship would be able to operate effectively in wormholes as a logistics ship, as well as a strong and effective ship to use against Sleepers. Additionally, the inability to fit cynosural fields would prevent it from being used for some things it wasn't designed for.

And seeing the enormous price this will carry, I believe this isn't overpowered: this could be used interestingly.

Thanks for reading~♪
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#788 - 2013-12-05 15:11:10 UTC
Wu Phat wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:
We can certainly discuss this amount vs range thing. Can you guys help me out saying specifically in relation to it:

Do you feel you need added range to be able to run PVE content, or just to PVP, or both?
Are you asking for bonus to amount AND bonus to range or bonus to range INSTEAD of amount?

Not sure when it gets to sisi but there will be plenty of time before release to play with it.

The Guardian & Onieros Don't like where this conversation is going !!!!!!!!!!! Remote rep range + bonus Sentry Damage + Armor resistance bonus is tooooo Op. So OP that I would put it next to BS that can warp Cloaked. Lets go in an entire different direction and give it it's own Identity. it's mass makes it a great wormhole ship. Why not give it a fleet bonus like Titans that it lowers the mass of other ships that it's fleet commanding.

Because it is not a Titan, and it is not a command ship. If they would remove off grid boosting, it'd be an option (command links). Making this sometype of link ship will merely relegate it to some safe spot boosting ship.

The guardian is fine with the conversation. Its a gang ship, that can cap transfer and repair. It's also tiny. Good for small and medium gangs if you have more than one.

Oneiros... Well anyway.

Yaay!!!!

Grenn Putubi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#789 - 2013-12-05 15:14:24 UTC
Seeing Fozzie's new update, here's a modified design of the last one I suggested:

Nestor

Role Bonuses:
450% bonus to cloaked velocity

Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 90km / 95 / 7

Seeing as it has five role bonuses now, I suggest this.

This ship would be able to operate effectively in wormholes as a logistics ship, as well as a strong and effective ship to use against Sleepers. Additionally, the inability to fit cynosural fields would prevent it from being used for some things it wasn't designed for.

Thanks for reading~♪

You're never going to get +1 Drone/skill level...ever. If it's not through some sort of module don't even ask because it's been done in the past and it's just too OP and it was taken away.

CCP Rise has stated repeatedly that the hacking role bonus is actually a bonus...it's not something they're willing to replace with something else and if it gets removed it'll just be gone. The ship has in effect 4 role bonuses considering the addition of the RR range bonus they've decided to add and I think that's super generous of them because it's more than any other faction BS has.
Koban Agalder
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#790 - 2013-12-05 15:18:49 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
marVLs wrote:

I don't really understand the argument for having getting rid of these. If they are gone, they wouldn't be replaced with something else. They are there because it keeps theme with the other two Sisters ships, and it will likely get used by at least some people for the occasional ghost site or finding sites or for future content that uses hacking.

So now you started design ships with "occasional bonuses" being used by "some people" ?o0

Going this way you should add special cargo bay for noobships to allow them carry more plexes inisde it (only becouse some people occasionally do that).

Srsly creating 2b BS and basing on free given BC (gnosis) which is used only as "hilarious" ships or "big noobship" is kinda of crazy idea.

Astero and Striatos were new and inspiring. The Nestor is not.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#791 - 2013-12-05 15:19:00 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
marVLs wrote:

So no med bay or sma like the hihh res photo shows?

Those imo would be better then hacking bonus.

Though if its that or nothing I guess we can keep it :/

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

#792 - 2013-12-05 15:19:08 UTC
Grenn Putubi wrote:
Seeing Fozzie's new update, here's a modified design of the last one I suggested:

Nestor

Role Bonuses:
450% bonus to cloaked velocity

Seeing as it has five role bonuses now, I suggest this.

Thanks for reading~♪

You're never going to get +1 Drone/skill level...ever. If it's not through some sort of module don't even ask because it's been done in the past and it's just too OP and it was taken away.

CCP Rise has stated repeatedly that the hacking role bonus is actually a bonus...it's not something they're willing to replace with something else and if it gets removed it'll just be gone. The ship has in effect 4 role bonuses considering the addition of the RR range bonus they've decided to add and I think that's super generous of them because it's more than any other faction BS has.

Yeah, I just fixed that. Also, having 8 total sentries or heavies would barely be any different, damage wise.

I basically designed a Pseudo-Sub-Carrier here.
NextDarkKnight
Storm Chasers.
Pandemic Horde
#793 - 2013-12-05 15:21:13 UTC  |  Edited by: NextDarkKnight
Rise, Since the other sister of eve ships can use the covert jump portals.. Do they have to use non-SOE ships to create these portals?

If they are to save people, how do they jump .. get to the system to save these ships? If the Nester can't do these things will we be having a jump portal carrier hybrid in the future for SOE?

Not that I'm suggesting ways to burn isk and LP or anything... RollPirate

Ninja Edit Three.. Is the crazy rings for Warp Speed? 8.0 warp speed on a a battleship... Twisted
#794 - 2013-12-05 15:23:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Here's yet another modified design, as the general opinion seems to be that extra drones isn't acceptable:

Nestor

10% bonus to drone damage and hitpoints per level

Role Bonuses:
50% bonus to scan strength of probes
+15 (or, possibly, +20) strength to virus strength of analyzers (to justify using a BS for exploration)

Drones (bandwidth/bay): 125/500
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 85km / 95 / 7

Please read this and take it into consideration, Fozzie.
Koban Agalder
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#795 - 2013-12-05 15:24:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Koban Agalder
@CCP Rise

If you want to make it "logistic" ship and trying to be unique why not give big bonuses for use of LOGISTIC DRONES (bigger than traditional logi gets)? This way it's unique, it doesn't interefere directly with existing logistics and keep repping power. If it want to gank someone it launches garde/ogres. If it want to save someone it launches logistic drones (shield or armor). Imho it would go well with humanitarian aspect os SOE so ships can save and defend itself.

This way it might, MIGHT, MIGHT be possible to allow it to launch up to 10 medium drones (but this idea is very risky and need deep consideration). ( BIG NO to 10 big drones)

Regards!

Mr Pragmatic
#796 - 2013-12-05 15:26:56 UTC
Grenn Putubi wrote:
Mr Pragmatic wrote:

Farming SOE missions non-stop without bothering to go salvage them myself I can easily pull in 30-50k LP/hour. Even on the lower end of that, 30k/hour means it takes about 34 hours of missioning to earn the 1mil LP. That's certainly an investment of time, but not something I can't pound out in about 12 days of 3 hours/day farming.

Thanks for the basic maths. So pretty much a month of grinding off an on. :)

Super cali hella yolo swaga dopeness.  -Yoloswaggins, in the fellowship of the bling.

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#797 - 2013-12-05 15:27:36 UTC  |  Edited by: FT Diomedes
Focus the ship. The logistics BS is the best way to go. Focus should be on effective remote reps in a group PVP/PVE environment. Fill the gap between logistics ship and carrier. Range of 20-30km for ALL remote reps and energy transfers. Bonus to ALL remote rep and energy transfer amount. 6-7-7 layout. 5 turrets. No resist bonus. Let the players choose how to tank it. No weapon bonus, except for drone damage, repair amount, speed, and optimal range. 400m3 drone bay. 125mb bandwidth. Players have a lot of freedom in how they want to use it.

In the alternative, give it some totally wild new ability. For example, give it a ship bay that will hold one frigate. Then give it a special ability that the ship remains cloaked for five minutes if you eject from it (as long as you are not targeted and have no aggro timer). This lets a solo player scout themselves through hostile space.

Think outside the box and focus the damn ship on a role that makes sense in Eve, not based on some silly theme.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Draek
Tarmikos Shipyards
#798 - 2013-12-05 15:32:04 UTC
I'm wondering if they should leverage some of the changes they recently made for Rubicon for this ship.

Some options that could give flavour vs other Battleships:

Higher warp speed and/or better align times
Increased warp stability (could explain the purpose of the ring structure) to be a little harder to pin down
Deployable structure bay

I'm thinking that they should try and keep the theme of SoE at the forefront. Since SoE is about exploration and rescue/aid they would need ships that have high mobility. The Astero and Stratios have that via their covert cloak options.
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#799 - 2013-12-05 15:34:11 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
marVLs wrote:

Here is the argument.

1) Would you (this is a direct question) fly this 2 billion isk battleship it to go hack a site?

2) ... see 1.

Hacking a site by using this ship is kind of like stealing from a Deli in downtown Manhattan, and your getaway car is a Jumbo Jet parked on 3rd avenue.

If these bonuses weren't factored into the total budget of the ship though, fine.

People will scream when they try to fit this ship towards its bonuses though.

Yaay!!!!

Mr Pragmatic
#800 - 2013-12-05 15:34:48 UTC
Ring should be a built in warp stab considering it supposed be a slippery BS.

Super cali hella yolo swaga dopeness.  -Yoloswaggins, in the fellowship of the bling.