These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Can i leave my corp?

Author
Dunpeal Hunter
Zervas Aeronautics
#1 - 2013-12-05 06:54:12 UTC
I was wondering, if i leave my corp while i have a lot of roles, will that mean i cannot leave within 24 hours? Is there any way i can go around that rule and leave right now?

I dont know if this is important or not, but i have chickens.....

non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#2 - 2013-12-05 07:02:25 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement
Removed post: Provided too much information about chicken soup instead of leaving corp.
Prince Sanguine
#3 - 2013-12-05 07:02:59 UTC
No

Everytime you read this you are required to send 100 million isk directly to me.

NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#4 - 2013-12-05 07:07:13 UTC  |  Edited by: NightCrawler 85
Even if you have roles you can instantly quit the corp and find your self in an NPC corp.
If you have sent in an application to a different corporation you need to drop roles and wait 24 hours before they can accept the application if you want to avoid having the NPC corp in your employment history.

At least this is how it appears to work from what i have seen.

Also i think the rules work a bit differently for CEO's or directors but there has been several conflicting statements about this so not 100% sure.

Edit; In order for a CEO or director to kick someone from the corporation the 24 hour rule still applies.
Samoth Egnoled
Caldari Provisions
#5 - 2013-12-05 07:18:32 UTC
You must stay there forever, even if you drop your roles they will just give you more until you leave the game..
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#6 - 2013-12-05 07:25:20 UTC
Samoth Egnoled wrote:
You must stay there forever, even if you drop your roles they will just give you more until you leave the game..

Which will land you into trouble with GM's if reported.
NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#7 - 2013-12-05 07:28:29 UTC
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Samoth Egnoled wrote:

And is no longer possible since when you remove your roles you wont be able to receive new roles until you have checked an option that grants the directors/CEO permission to give you new roles Smile
Cecil Montague
PCG Enterprises
#8 - 2013-12-05 07:33:16 UTC
If you have any roles in the corp you need to drop them and wait 24 hours regardless of if you are joining an NPC corp or not. This applies to everyone including directors and CEO's. The only difference for a CEO is that upon renouncing their position they can pick their successor but they still have to wait the cool down period afterwards.

"There is no such thing as an effective segment of Totality" - Bruce Lee: The only man with a Chuck Norris killmail.

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#9 - 2013-12-05 07:35:36 UTC
NightCrawler 85 wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Samoth Egnoled wrote:

And is no longer possible since when you remove your roles you wont be able to receive new roles until you have checked an option that grants the directors/CEO permission to give you new roles Smile

Ah, good to know! Smile
NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#10 - 2013-12-05 07:43:26 UTC
Cecil Montague wrote:
If you have any roles in the corp you need to drop them and wait 24 hours regardless of if you are joining an NPC corp or not. This applies to everyone including directors and CEO's. The only difference for a CEO is that upon renouncing their position they can pick their successor but they still have to wait the cool down period afterwards.

14.05.2013 00:00 |By CCP FoxFour

As a member of a corporation you can now quit a corporation instantly without waiting the 24 hours after dropping roles. This applies to both DUST and EVE players. When we released DUST leaving a corporation worked the same as in EVE, drop roles, wait 24 hours, leave corporation. When we started getting feedback from the community about how bad this was and we looked into it what we could do abou it, we realized that this was initially done way back in the day for technical reasons. Upon more research we realized those technical restrictions no longer applied. So we removed this requirement from DUST... and EVE. Because why not.

The other restrictions, such as being docked, do still however apply when attempting to quit a corporation.

Kicking someone still requires removing their roles and waiting 24 hours, and you must still be docked in a station to quit a corporation.

This corporation change also shipped on May 6th.
Dunpeal Hunter
Zervas Aeronautics
#11 - 2013-12-05 08:11:32 UTC
I just left my corp, and instantaneously found myself in a npc corp without having to wait 24 hours. So, problem solved.

I dont know if this is important or not, but i have chickens.....

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-12-05 08:48:11 UTC
For years we players rally for improvements to the corp interface. And when CCP finally provides some, people don't even notice.

I think I hate you all.
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-12-05 10:40:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Debora Tsung
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
For years we players rally for improvements to the corp interface. And when CCP finally provides some, people don't even notice.

I think I hate you all.

Well, at least You hate all people equally so nobody can claim you're a racist. Big smile

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#14 - 2013-12-05 11:38:18 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:

I think I hate you all.

No, what people actually wanted was ability to kick corp members immediately even in space to get rid of spies and awoxers. Instead, CCP made it easier for spies and awoxers to leave when they want, and it is still impossible to kick anyone out of a corp who does not want to leave.

brinelan
#15 - 2013-12-05 13:04:48 UTC
Cecil Montague wrote:

wrong this was changed years ago. you can remove your own roles and drop to npc corp right away
To Be Me
Doomheim
#16 - 2013-12-05 13:10:10 UTC
You must not leave your corp once you are granted roles, since otherwise could lead towards an account suspension and possibly permanent ban.

If you want to belong to a new corp you must create a new character. Corp transfers are not allowed if roles are granted.

thumbs up if you like :))))

Joia Crenca
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-12-05 15:28:54 UTC
To Be Me: What? "You must not leave your corp once you are granted roles, since otherwise could lead towards an account suspension and possibly permanent ban.

If you want to belong to a new corp you must create a new character. Corp transfers are not allowed if roles are granted. "

That isn't what I see here?

NightCrawler 85 wrote:
Cecil Montague wrote:

14.05.2013 00:00 |By CCP FoxFour

As a member of a corporation you can now quit a corporation instantly without waiting the 24 hours after dropping roles. This applies to both DUST and EVE players. When we released DUST leaving a corporation worked the same as in EVE, drop roles, wait 24 hours, leave corporation. When we started getting feedback from the community about how bad this was and we looked into it what we could do abou it, we realized that this was initially done way back in the day for technical reasons. Upon more research we realized those technical restrictions no longer applied. So we removed this requirement from DUST... and EVE. Because why not.

The other restrictions, such as being docked, do still however apply when attempting to quit a corporation.

Kicking someone still requires removing their roles and waiting 24 hours, and you must still be docked in a station to quit a corporation.

This corporation change also shipped on May 6th.

Joia Crenca
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-12-05 15:30:54 UTC
However, remember that according to some EVE players, all of us that are NPC corp members "are a disease, should be eliminated and CCP doesn't want us around." (to summarize)
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2013-12-05 15:52:33 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:

I think I hate you all.

most changes won't be noticed unless its something you use all the time or it has a big flashing neon sign saying [working better than before, try me out]
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#20 - 2013-12-05 15:56:36 UTC
Caviar Liberta wrote:
Abdiel Kavash wrote:

I think I hate you all.

most changes won't be noticed unless its something you use all the time or it has a big flashing neon sign saying [working better than before, try me out]

Well, these changes/improvements weren't exactly made to the horrible outdated interface. Just small but useful tweaks to how certain things under the hood functioned in the past.
12Next page