These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Bastion Mode Glitch/Bug, CCP not refunding losses

First post
Author
Keith Planck
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-12-04 21:11:31 UTC
At 03:07:10, you have repaired your Shield by 2360 in the last 30 seconds using Gist A-Type X-Large Shield Booster.
At 03:07:18, you cannot activate Bastion Module I While your ship's Being Repaired.

"you cannot activate Bastion Module I While your ship's Being Repaired"

Just a heads up for all you guys running with Bastion it will **** out on you at a moments notice if BOB wills it.
Kyes Torvalis
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-12-04 22:11:33 UTC
petition, not forum
Sh0plifter
Underworld Property Accounting Partnership
#3 - 2013-12-04 23:22:31 UTC
Keith Planck wrote:
At 03:07:10, you have repaired your Shield by 2360 in the last 30 seconds using Gist A-Type X-Large Shield Booster.
At 03:07:18, you cannot activate Bastion Module I While your ship's Being Repaired.

Just a heads up for all you guys running with Bastion it will **** out on you at a moments notice if BOB wills it.

BOB/IT is dead. It cannot will anything.

What caused the glitch? What specifically where you doing? Did you turn on bastion mode with the SB running? Was it just cycling over to its next activation? Don't know why anyone would waste cap repping outside of bastion tbh but hey, seen more special things in eve.
Birgit Prinz
Brutaz Wit Attitudes
#4 - 2013-12-05 06:53:08 UTC
He was in a wormhole, hence the reference to BOB. The booster in question cycles every 4 seconds, so if you'd actually read his post, you'd see that it wasn't running repeatedly. This is tragic news, and I'm shocked that a GM would trust the logs over Mr. Planck's word.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#5 - 2013-12-05 07:57:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Tauranon
Birgit Prinz wrote:
He was in a wormhole, hence the reference to BOB. The booster in question cycles every 4 seconds, so if you'd actually read his post, you'd see that it wasn't running repeatedly. This is tragic news, and I'm shocked that a GM would trust the logs over Mr. Planck's word.

It looks like a rolled up stat for 30 seconds, and I'd presume a viable number for an a-type autorepeating in a cataclysmic (leave it up to people who can bother multiplying numbers together to tell me if thats true or not).
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#6 - 2013-12-05 15:42:18 UTC
Only other time I was getting a "Being Repaired" error was when I was using nanite paste. Was the OP using nanite paste?
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#7 - 2013-12-05 15:57:31 UTC
Birgit Prinz wrote:

I'm just shocked we haven't had a pony pic yet.
Keith Planck
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-12-05 22:41:19 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Birgit Prinz wrote:

I'm just shocked we haven't had a pony pic yet.

http://mlfw.info/f/4913/
Sh0plifter
Underworld Property Accounting Partnership
#9 - 2013-12-06 01:33:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Sh0plifter
Birgit Prinz wrote:

If you would notice, he had a log of repair. Hence what sequence of operation he used to obtain this error because, well my Marauders have yet to fail. Indicating it most likely a sequence of actions to imply the error in the system.

Or nanite paste but, I want to rule out the use of overheating a ship for carebearing.

Also would like to note:
Quote:

Indicating he activated his booster at some point. So, if you would open your eyes and stop being a moron. You would see why I asked about a sequence of events that lead to the error. Obviously the booster he once had was not repairing him or cycling as advertised due to his untimely death. That much is appearent. Also it is appearent his bastion mode wouldn't activate with the booster running, which testing today I was able to activate Bastion with both a SB and a AR running. Only thing I couldnt get timed right was activating bastion during a cycle over.

So yeah, I am not exactly sure what you precisely mean by all of this Birgit, because, if you had slightly understood anything of what I said in a TL;DR post asking questions you would see I understood the booster didnt run to the aspect it should have and was wondering what could have triggered it.
Yolo
Unknown Nation
#10 - 2013-12-06 07:16:00 UTC
I would assume that this has to do with remote reparing rather than local.

- since 2003, bitches

Jasmine Assasin
The Holy Rollers
#11 - 2013-12-06 10:13:00 UTC
Yolo wrote:
I would assume that this has to do with remote repairing rather than local.

I just tested this on Sisi.

A) Remote repping a Golem and the Golem went into bastion without a problem. I used an Osprey w/ 2 medium and 2 large tech II remote reps, the reps shut down on their own.

B) I went and put a local tank on said Golem, activated it and tried again, the local tank kept running right through the transformation.

C) Remote reps and local tank active, Bastion activated as normal. Local tank kept running and remote reps shut down on the osprey.

I propose that the OP did experience a game bug after all and should be compensated accordingly. Of course the "logs show nothing" so CCP won't do squat about it.

Zor'katar
Matari Recreation
#12 - 2013-12-06 12:25:54 UTC
Jasmine Assasin wrote:
I propose that the OP did experience a game bug after all and should be compensated accordingly. Of course the "logs show nothing" so CCP won't do squat about it.

I propose that the OP is trolling, considering the only people "confirming" this "bug" are his corpies.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#13 - 2013-12-06 14:34:07 UTC
Jasmine Assasin wrote:
Yolo wrote:
I would assume that this has to do with remote repairing rather than local.

I just tested this on Sisi.

A) Remote repping a Golem and the Golem went into bastion without a problem. I used an Osprey w/ 2 medium and 2 large tech II remote reps, the reps shut down on their own.

B) I went and put a local tank on said Golem, activated it and tried again, the local tank kept running right through the transformation.

C) Remote reps and local tank active, Bastion activated as normal. Local tank kept running and remote reps shut down on the osprey.

OK, now go overheat the Shield Booster. Use Nanite Paste to fix it. While the nanite paste is being used, try turning on Bastion mode.
Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#14 - 2013-12-06 18:57:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Kalel Nimrott
Zor'katar wrote:
Jasmine Assasin wrote:

I propose that the OP is trolling, considering the only people "confirming" this "bug" are his corpies.

Maybe is because we where there in comms while he was screaming a like littlie girl that he was going to loose his golem due to bastion not activating. Ccp logs confirm this.

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Zor'katar
Matari Recreation
#15 - 2013-12-06 19:21:50 UTC
Kalel Nimrott wrote:
Maybe is because we where there in comms while he was screaming a like littlie girl that he was going to loose his golem due to bastion not activating. Ccp logs confirm this.

That's not confirming the bug, that's confirming that someone screams like a little girl. Confirming the bug is being able to reproduce it, or at least having experienced it yourself.
Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#16 - 2013-12-06 20:19:41 UTC
No. We were witnesses and cpp logs proves it.

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Nadia Gallen
Dark-Rising
Wrecking Machine.
#17 - 2013-12-06 20:32:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Nadia Gallen
Kalel Nimrott wrote:

The logs do confirm this.. Keith do scream like a little girl.
Keith Planck
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2013-12-07 05:58:54 UTC
Nadia Gallen wrote:
Kalel Nimrott wrote:

The logs do confirm this.. Keith do scream like a little girl.

I don't fly golems yo, minmatar or gtfo
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#19 - 2013-12-08 03:41:59 UTC
Removed an off topic post.

Also, I highly recommend filing a bug report about the issue, as that sounds potentially terrible. Not fun in the slightest. Hope it works out for you.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Keith Planck
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2013-12-08 04:11:37 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Removed an off topic post.

Also, I highly recommend filing a bug report about the issue, as that sounds potentially terrible. Not fun in the slightest. Hope it works out for you.

The logs don't show a bug so there is no bug says ccp's ticket system.

Curious as to what the logs would show if there WAS a bug...
12Next page