These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Sell Orders

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

A New Third Party Service Offered.

First post
Author
Komatose
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-12-03 16:46:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Komatose
I will be short and sweet with the pitch for ya'll because there are a buttload of 'new third party' people and ultimatly this thread will likely be flamed into oblivion and I wont get many bites. So lets not waste each others time with begging you to trust me and all that I will awnser the most basic questions/statements as best I can and the rest is up to you. :)

Q: Why is this post not the same as the quoted posts?
A: I altered it to remove the low 'threshold' of what I would be willing to third party for people. And remove what I thought at the time was a good explination of why I don't give a trust/escrow to another third party for 'insurance' but apparently I sucked at explaining how it defeats the purpose.

Q: Who will vouch for you?
A: Not anyone of note. I only spoke to grendel for a while in passing and briefly with That Veldspar Mining other third party fella once or twice. Everyone else was just friends I have made.


Q: Why should I trust you?
A: In theory? You should not. Because this is eve and everyone, EVERYONE could be a scammer. There have been scams in various forms (If you concider the old school t2 BPO loading thing a scam and not outright cheating) But there is a lack of trustworthy Third party people that have toons older than a few months. I have been in since 03, atleast I am using my real main and not a new toon.

Q: Why do you have so few likes?
A: I don't post a whole lot, unless I have a smart ass remark, want to sell somthing, or want to buy somthing.

Q: You have tried to sell this toon before, I found the posts.
A: Yup. But I did not, because I trained all screwy and no one would offer me what I felt I was worth.

Q: What things have you done in the past?
A: I took part in 1 or 2 (I cant remember) Of LadyofWraths IPO's, I lurk in market forum, I ran 2 successful blueprint copy services (Now sold) tinkered with pvp, faction warfare, and manufacturing.

Q: Will you provide API?
A: Yes.

Q: What else will you provide.
A: Nothing that a cynical person would value, My word, Skype, AIM and Yahoo if you desired. (And if this starts to take off I will post them openly so people can contact me for trades easier. But not opening that can of worms unless it takes off)

Q: Why do you want to do this?
A: Because I have weird freaking hours online. I live in Hawaii and that means I am on when Gren and Chir are not, and that is somthing that I have seen many people complain about.

Q: Why use you?
A: Because I am just one more third party, I don't have chir or grens rep. (Thats a HUGE amount of time they have done this) But I do have the following: Bluntness, Honesty, And the time in game that me 'risking' scamming someone would be losing a character of long time building it up being mostly care bear.

The Bottom line is, you do not HAVE to use me, I am not begging you to use me, if you do not feel 'safe' transacting with me, then by all means use the Chir or Gren or any of the other third party services available. But if you wanna give me a shot, or I just happen to be conveniant at the time?

Thats fine.


If you have a question, Ask it. I will add it to the FAQ above (Or continued below if need be)

Prices:
Right now as I am only dealing in 'small stuff'
The fee is 10m Any trade.
Why ten mil?
Because I have to deal with the flaming I will be getting in this thread. And a 'free third party' reaks of scam to me. Once I get the rep going this will become bigger/%age based.
Komatose
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-12-03 16:50:47 UTC
-reserved-
Zahara Cody
Imperial Corrections Service.
#3 - 2013-12-03 16:59:33 UTC
feeling a little komatose with all of these new third parties.

Hating is free, that's why poor people do it the best.

Komatose
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-12-03 17:05:56 UTC
Zahara Cody wrote:
feeling a little komatose with all of these new third parties.

I see what you did there.
If you noticed, I adressed 'all the other new third parties' Problem show me one that has even half the time I have invested in this game.

Good pun though.
Maxore
Dvarh State
#5 - 2013-12-03 17:24:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Maxore
-
Komatose
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-12-03 17:31:06 UTC
Maxore wrote:
Why should I trust you?

is it when I want to sell my titan for 2billion and Chribba or Grendell aren't around?

Why would you have a deposit with them, because then Im trusting them to pay out and not you at all?

Why would you claim being around from 2003 is a good thing, when private sales using nothing but in-game mails are perfectly valid and entirely untraceable?

Why would anyone bother to pad your wallet when there are hundreds more fake third parties with whom I can deposit my isk freely with no hope of getting it back


I hope you dont mind I formatted your post a little.

5 Questions in order:

1) Awnsered in the Faq above. And you also dont have to.

2) I stated that I have no desire to do large transactions at this point, due to lack of people having used this service. But if you wish to sell a titan for 2b, I am sure someone will third party that for you.

3) Because in other forum posts people have suggested that Chribba or Grendell should hold some sort of colatteral against scams, I also adressed why this is not a smart option, but I would do so if client wished and one of them agreed. Read more, try trolling less

4) Because most of the new guys are new chars and this has been stated to be a problem. So I adressed that. Again I state: You dont have to trust me.

5) Good question. They are free to trust whomever they like.

3/10
Elizabeth Norn
Nornir Research
Nornir Empire
#7 - 2013-12-03 17:46:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Elizabeth Norn
Komatose wrote:
Q: Why only 2bil?
A: Many reasons.

I have over 20b on me (Not much by todays standards) and I would happily give 1-2b to Gren or Chir if they would take it, but Chir has said it serves no purpose, and Gren has not chimed in on it. But Chir brought up agood point. Smaller transactions are more apt to have people wiling to take that chance.


No one that values their own trustworthiness will do that because then any scams will make them look bad. Also there's nothing to stop you from "securing" 4b of stuff with only 2b in collateral.

What even needs a 3rd party at 2b value? If you want to earn ISK for little effort, rather than this just invest or loan the ISK to other people.
Komatose
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-12-03 17:50:50 UTC
Elizabeth Norn wrote:
Komatose wrote:
Q: Why only 2bil?
A: Many reasons.

I have over 20b on me (Not much by todays standards) and I would happily give 1-2b to Gren or Chir if they would take it, but Chir has said it serves no purpose, and Gren has not chimed in on it. But Chir brought up agood point. Smaller transactions are more apt to have people wiling to take that chance.


No one that values their own trustworthiness will do that because then any scams will make them look bad, Chribba actually commented on this before if you care to look around. Also there's nothing to stop you from "securing" 4b of stuff with only 2b in collateral.

What even needs a 3rd party at 2b value? If you want to earn ISK for little effort, rather than this just invest or loan the ISK to other people.


As stated in that very awnser: Chir has said it serves no purpose,
I will say it again. It is there to stop someone else from making a suggestion I have seen suggested more than once to other people.

No one should need a third party for anything to be honest, but we live in a ****** time of assloads of scammers.

Only thing I can honestly think people would use me for right now would be worm hole transfers.

Though as many people are complaining/bitching about the 'low limit' I will happily remove it, so they can ***** about how 'why would i trust you with 100b in stuff!' either way I lose. :)


I have thought about loans, and I am watching the market forum for a investment op (that I see before its full given my hours).
I offer this as a service not to make boatloads of cash. ^.^

But, thank you for not being rude in asking of your question.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#9 - 2013-12-03 22:17:23 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The rules:
5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

HTIDRaver
Neurosurgical Reconstruction Centre
#10 - 2013-12-05 06:38:22 UTC
Komatose wrote:

I offer this as a service not to make boatloads of cash. ^.^


Well said and good luck

-Free bump-
Gedalva
#11 - 2013-12-06 19:34:18 UTC
I only know him through some rather acerbic back and forth but he does know the game and without admitting defeat I did make more Isk than I actually expected following his advice. For what its worth when I need to 3rd party a transaction I will look him up first.

...and no Komatose I will not sir on your lap and tell you what I want for Xmas, stop asking;-)
Komatose
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-12-07 02:29:39 UTC
AWww thank you for the kind words. :) And denial of sexual harassment Sad
Komatose
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-12-09 19:38:15 UTC
Semi-every-other-day BUmp
sci0gon
Kaira Innovations
#14 - 2013-12-09 20:12:31 UTC
Komatose wrote:
Q: Why do you want to do this?
A: Because I have weird freaking hours online. I live in Hawaii and that means I am on when Gren and Chir are not, and that is somthing that I have seen many people complain about.


its a shame that people are complaining about that, both gren and chribba as far as I know from the moment they log in till they log offline are messaged and convo'd to broker 3rd party deals. That in itself is enough to drive anyone crazy and I take my hat off to them for being able to handle that pressure thus maintaining their composure and dedication.


I hope you're prepared for that in the future after you've improved your reputation through more 3rd party deals
Komatose
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-12-09 20:38:39 UTC
sci0gon wrote:
Komatose wrote:
Q: Why do you want to do this?
A: Because I have weird freaking hours online. I live in Hawaii and that means I am on when Gren and Chir are not, and that is somthing that I have seen many people complain about.


its a shame that people are complaining about that, both gren and chribba as far as I know from the moment they log in till they log offline are messaged and convo'd to broker 3rd party deals. That in itself is enough to drive anyone crazy and I take my hat off to them for being able to handle that pressure thus maintaining their composure and dedication.


I hope you're prepared for that in the future after you've improved your reputation through more 3rd party deals


We can hope. Yes.
Also lets hope takes this a little of the pressure off them in the future. Somehow through it all they remain polite and respectful. And as this thread has shown, is not one of my strong points. But Polite and respectful does not mean trustworthy or not. :)