These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Emergency downtime due to TQ hardware issues

First post First post
Author
Sarai Cayne
CaleFaction Inc.
#741 - 2013-12-02 17:56:30 UTC
I'm in. First multiple orgasms since 2004.
Mortis Aguila
PushmePullyou Industrial Services
#742 - 2013-12-02 17:56:33 UTC
*** Whiney stuff ***

First World problems. Poor babies! SadRoll
Rael Rastephan
Stuck in Empire
#743 - 2013-12-02 17:56:45 UTC
Lucius Troy wrote:
Seriously CCP, problems occur we all accept that but literally there have been too many problems since Rubicon.

Subscriptions are huge for this type of game and as such it is only fair that some compensation is offered for the lack of quality in service. It would be quite shameful to just keep quiet and expect the complaints to dry up.

Offering skillpoints will be a token gesture, would cost you nothing and assure the fans of your game that you're not taking them for granted and accept that the recent problems are unacceptable.

You do know that skillpoints only really matter to those with poor SP anyways. What is a small SP boost to someone doing 30 day trains? Isk only matters to those without it.

If it was an all day event, I wouldn't mind another renamed shuttle or usual token item, but this has been short term.

Well, back to playing.
Lorraine Fontenot
Allied Management Production and Distribution
#744 - 2013-12-02 17:56:48 UTC
Lucius Troy wrote:
Seriously CCP, problems occur we all accept that but literally there have been too many problems since Rubicon.

Subscriptions are huge for this type of game and as such it is only fair that some compensation is offered for the lack of quality in service. It would be quite shameful to just keep quiet and expect the complaints to dry up.

Offering skillpoints will be a token gesture, would cost you nothing and assure the fans of your game that you're not taking them for granted and accept that the recent problems are unacceptable.

Honestly I don't think compensation is needed. CCP has acknowledged and explained the problem and are doing all they can to fix it as fast as possible. You are lucky to even get an explanation from most online games, all you get is SERVER STATUS: DOWN. If compensation is given, it would be appreciated as it would truly be an apologetic gift from CCP, responding to demands of isk, sp, etc would just be placating the demands of the greedy. We can look at it this way, the more we ENCOURAGE them, the more good stuff they will give us in-game like holiday events/items/etc. Hounding them for hand-outs of already existing things takes them away from thinking of and working on new and exciting fun stuff in the game. A suggestion is fine, but those who are just complaining and demanding compensation need to either find something else to play (since you say this game is so glitch and sucky in game chats and forums) or give positive feedback to improve things for everyone.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#745 - 2013-12-02 17:56:54 UTC
Shisha Diver wrote:
What the hell is "VIP Mode"? Do we have VIP players that get to log in first?

Uh-oh... the secret has been outted... no more free T2 bpos, either, I suppose. Roll

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Lannon369
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#746 - 2013-12-02 17:56:57 UTC
Back online, thanks babe.
Andrei Red
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#747 - 2013-12-02 17:57:30 UTC
ничерта вам не возместят закатайте губень
Kanerva
Joutsi's Legion
#748 - 2013-12-02 17:57:54 UTC
...and than...?
Black Apok
Doomheim
#749 - 2013-12-02 17:58:30 UTC
Server up! Thanks lovely CCP tech people \o/

I'm terrible at dates, but I could eat a peach for hours

Nar Tha
Doomheim
#750 - 2013-12-02 17:58:31 UTC
Valentine Sukarala wrote:
Kross Drakkori wrote:
I got this......Hold my root beer.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et8Tixucou0

lolz what movie?

Armageddon
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#751 - 2013-12-02 17:58:40 UTC
Backlash Asturien wrote:
CCP Gargant wrote:
The original post has been updated to clarify the situation and the expected duration of the downtime.

OK i 'll do my best to be more. ...polite...

...USUALLY YOU GIVE COMPESATION FOR THIS MLFUNCTIONS!?!?!? WHAT KIND OF COMPENSATION??

Actually, usually, they don't. There is no usually about it. These kinds of malfunctions aren't a usual happening. The tend to happen more often after expansions, but compared to most, this expansion has been largely malfunction-free. If the servers are down for two hours, that represents ~.02% of total uptime for the year. It represents about 1.2% of the total week of uptime and 8% of total uptime for the day. As someone that checks his skillqueue the moment I log in every time and updates it to be at least 24 hours if necessary, I would suggest that if you had less than 2 hours left on your skillqueue, that is entirely your problem and your own fault.

You would be more deserving of compensation if a hairdresser accidentally split one end on one strand of the hair on your head than you are for this.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#752 - 2013-12-02 17:59:30 UTC
Andrei Red wrote:
ничерта вам не возместят закатайте губень

lol

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Jason Acharu
Bob Ross Corporation
#753 - 2013-12-02 17:59:31 UTC
Also Unscheduled reboot at SiSi 18:13 20 minutes

o/

Danaam
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#754 - 2013-12-02 18:00:02 UTC
W Rush wrote:
Danaam wrote:

my wife is due to arrive home in about 1 hour ...this is NOT funny anymore :(

Send her to my place, I will take one for the team.

OMG ..you`re a real bro ...i`ll send her 330 pounds fat ass right to your door + with already signed divorce papers in hand,as bonus.She`s all yours
Sniper Wolf18
Aggressive Diplomacy
#755 - 2013-12-02 18:00:06 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Sniper Wolf18 wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

Holy crap, it's SniperWolf.....

I know, right!

We hear rumors you want back in the alliance...

Possibly, I'm probably going to be doing some hi-sec stuff now, maybe back in CHINX later.[/quote]

They made us change the Alliance ticker.... it's [3XXXD], now.[/quote]
Yeah I was still around when that happened, I think Jade suggested 3XXXD, still, General Tso's will always be CHINX to me.
Leanta Fusion
Airrama Rems Corporation
#756 - 2013-12-02 18:00:47 UTC
If you have some power problems so:
1. You have to buy some power stabilizator of stuff like that to avoid this situation again.
2. Made some post here about what exacltly happen and what have you done to protect server against the same situation next time.
Tytilla
Steward's Brotherhood
#757 - 2013-12-02 18:01:15 UTC
NiteNinja wrote:
Get Captain John Rourke over to the servers so he can kick it, they're obviously Minmatar.

"Sol, the docking computer is playing up again"

Downtime = a reason to watch Clear Skies again.... not that reasons are needed!
Andrei Red
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#758 - 2013-12-02 18:02:53 UTC
Kanerva wrote:
...and than...?

большой губозакаточной машиной
Dain Rokjaw
Doomheim
#759 - 2013-12-02 18:03:04 UTC
Dain Rokjaw wrote:
74487052 wrote:
tempted to write down the names of those asking for free skill points and compensate them with a free bounty instead P

Free SP? Free PLEX? Free stuffz naow? If you really want something to whine about, when TQ gets back up I'll give free wardecs...

(Now taking donations to fund operation "Wardecs for Good")

CEO
Shotguns and Duct Tape.

UPDATE 18:00 UTC

Wow... too many crybaby pilots, not enough ISK to 'dec them all (even after filtering the sarcastic, ironic, and clearly trolling).

So I guess we will run with a top 3 of repeat offenders. Current lucky whiners. Sorry. Lucky winners, are:

Jason Acharu
The Loathsome Lions

Blood Viper Johnson
Hand of Despair

Backlash Asturien
Evil Young Flesh

The hunt begins...

(servers permitting)
Baltais Caurums
Doomheim
#760 - 2013-12-02 18:04:30 UTC