These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Emergency downtime due to TQ hardware issues

First post First post
Author
Balshem Rozenzweig
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#701 - 2013-12-02 17:51:04 UTC
I've been good whole day, and played with my 2 year old just so my wife would allow me to log in earlier, and you do THAT to me.

Shame on you, CCP, shame on you.

I'm starting to think CCP = CCCP...

"NUTS!!!" - general McAuliffe

XMaxan
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#702 - 2013-12-02 17:51:07 UTC
Hi O wrote:
It's always starting up.

AAAHHH!!! WTF is up with your neck????
Runiba Toll
Alfred E. Neuman Fan Club
#703 - 2013-12-02 17:51:13 UTC
Zh'Khraag wrote:
Tabra Penken wrote:
you know you whiners could take this time to go upstairs and tell your mom thank you for letting you stay in her basement and providing you with internet and electricity to play EvE

In a strange twist of fate, I am not-playing Eve in the living room upstairs while my Daughter, Son-in-law and Granddaughter are in the basement playing not-eve games online with my electricity and my internet. Wanna say thank you to your parent for providing free electricity and interwebz? Bring back and wash all the dishes and silverware you're hoarding in your room, and throw out whatever is making that ungodly stench Smile

the thing is, if you do that, wild animals will drag your body out of the dumpster and make a real bad mess on the ground

and another wtf.... this thing is telling me I have a delay on posting because my account is less than 2 days old? this toon is many months old, so something else is broken here, somebody get some duck tape and fix it please. Quack, Quack...
ISK.Industries
ISK.Enterprises
#704 - 2013-12-02 17:51:22 UTC
L0rdF1end wrote:
Cmon, you all aren't trying hard enough, I want to see 100 pages of bitching before that server gets up, 100 Mil Isk to the person with the funniest post!

two eve players go to a bar on a moon,they only stay a couple of minutes as it has no atmosphere.

why didnt the sun go to college? because it already had a million degrees.

and now your all warmed up with terrible comedy-i bring you the main event.

Once upon a time Nasa decided to send 3 astronauts to space for 2 years. One was American, one was Russian, and the other was English. NASA allowed each of them to take 200 pounds of baggage each.

The American decided to take along his wife, the Englishman decided to take along books to learn how to speak German, whilst the Russian decided to take along cigarettes.

Two years later, when the space shuttle landed, there was a big crowd waiting to welcome them home. First came the American and his wife, and each of them had a baby in their arms. Next came the Englishman speaking fluent German. They both gave their speeches and got a rousing round of applause.

Suddenly, out came the Russian with a cigarette in his mouth. He walked up to the podium, snarled at the crowd, and asked, "Has anyone got a friggin' match?"
Alan Darmazaf
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#705 - 2013-12-02 17:51:23 UTC
Oups who pressed the Red Button ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsTRxXvQY0s
Sarai Cayne
CaleFaction Inc.
#706 - 2013-12-02 17:51:41 UTC
Nine minutes... almost there...
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#707 - 2013-12-02 17:51:46 UTC
Aleria Albus wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Aleria Albus wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Aleria Albus wrote:
Hmm...guess the Doctor is too busy killing Daleks....

That's the Sylvester McCoy Doctor, right?

Fine with me....although i prefer Tom Baker

They're about tied for best, in my book. :)

Lol for sure!

Can't wait for Peter Capaldi taking over.....will he be any good?

It certainly seems that way. Especially if Moffat is leaving, after next year.
I swear... that writer, and the Clara companion are ruining the fandom.

Also, they had better bring River back. Alex Kingston and Peter Capaldi will be BRILLIANT, together.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Cavros Demetri
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#708 - 2013-12-02 17:51:48 UTC
I lost a tengu due to being disconnected 4 times 2 days ago yet CCP told me there were no issues there end. Cry
Backlash Asturien
0 percent TAXES
#709 - 2013-12-02 17:51:49 UTC
CCP Gargant wrote:
The original post has been updated to clarify the situation and the expected duration of the downtime.

OK i 'll do my best to be more. ...polite...

...USUALLY YOU GIVE COMPESATION FOR THIS MLFUNCTIONS!?!?!? WHAT KIND OF COMPENSATION??
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#710 - 2013-12-02 17:52:04 UTC
oakey1 wrote:
i reported this in a petition over a week ago and they just told me "everything is fine on our end no reimbursement"...I hope now they will apologise and reimburse...they virtually said I was lying about what I petitioned about and when I mentioned about being stuck in the warp tunnel ccp refused to say the words I asked them to because I said it would have wide ranging effect on the whole of eve...I will wait for next petition reply then post the whole petition messages here for you good folks to read...I kept asking them to escalate it as it was so major an issue but they just kept saying I was basically wrong and yet here we are.....by the way this wasn't a petition for a carrier or anything important it was for an interceptor...I petitioned on principle not through lack of interceptors...told them it was broke and go no joyEvil

Wait... you reported an emergency downtime a week before it was going to happen?

Your time travelling apparatus... can I borrow it?

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Zh'Khraag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#711 - 2013-12-02 17:52:10 UTC
I-want your-tears wrote:
i think we should all sing around a camp fire and give some love to the universe whilst we wait for the servers to come back to our loving embrace. Failing that I am gonna make a cake, roll some gnochi and maybe watch some adult entertainment.

Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya...
Prince Ugly
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#712 - 2013-12-02 17:52:11 UTC
Thats a long time in Vip mode. I bet devs are just activating timers on all ghost sites before they let us log in. You know, just for the lulz.
Dredastttarm
0x31A9D8F2
#713 - 2013-12-02 17:52:13 UTC
XMaxan wrote:
Hi O wrote:
It's always starting up.

I'm adding that to my list of really ****** up character portraits.

I make YouTube videos and so on... Watch me do silly things here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Internetzspacezshipz?

Matthias Barsabbas
Independant Capsuleer Association
#714 - 2013-12-02 17:52:16 UTC
Can't wait to play some EVE! Sad
Malzahar Olacar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#715 - 2013-12-02 17:52:19 UTC
XMaxan wrote:

Yet the cluster denied my connection...... Strange.....

http://www.sadtrombone.com/
Falco Goodspeed
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#716 - 2013-12-02 17:52:36 UTC
Stil can't connect to node Roll
MaD Missy
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#717 - 2013-12-02 17:52:42 UTC
XMaxan wrote:
Hi O wrote:
It's always starting up.

ahahahahaLolLol
Stikky Chronic
The Wu-Tengu Clan
#718 - 2013-12-02 17:52:45 UTC
So what you're telling me is that CCP has no backup generator(s) for this sort of thing? Note to self: power outages break hardware.
Whispy Davaham
BlitzenWulf
#719 - 2013-12-02 17:53:00 UTC
945 Players
disasteur
disasterous industries
#720 - 2013-12-02 17:53:26 UTC
game is up