These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

If you win a 347million lottary in RL what would you do with it related to CCP and EvE

Author
Tahm Cruise
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#41 - 2011-11-21 10:15:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Tahm Cruise
Establish a relationship with a group of assassins/hackers/agents/whatever I need to be able to track down anyone in the world.

I'd apply to goonswarm and pay their "introduction fee" and get scammed of course.

1. Spend a fair amount of money to find out where that person lives and scare the sh*t out of him, like, really scare the living sh*t out of him and tape everything.

2. Post it on the interwebs.

3. Laugh my ass off.

I haven't gotten scammed but honestly, I've read a lot of **** on these forums and sometimes they go too far :)
leviticus ander
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2011-11-21 10:21:00 UTC
as I have no wish to be in charge of a company as I would probably screw that up. I would go to the CCP tech department and ask if there was anything that would help that is being limited by budget. then anything I could cover would be covered to make eve a better place.

other than that, I would build my dream house.
small place
entertainment room with en-suit server room
centralized computing with touchscreen terminals around the house
complete wireless coverage for a wireless headset
faraday cage encasing the entire house with a cell repeater to relay into the house
fiber internet line coming into the house
reinforced concrete construction
heavy polycarbonate windows with metal shutters
steel doors
biometric authenticated entry
off-site stored video security
current kitchen tech

and after that, I would pay off any debts that my family or friends owed and get anything that they've been looking at.
new computer (likely built into the new house in the long run)
and save whatever is left and live quite nicely off the interest off that.
Alpheias
The Khaleph
#43 - 2011-11-21 10:24:55 UTC
Bribe them to reverse a lot of stuff.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Elson Tamar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2011-11-21 10:58:29 UTC
Buy all the isk and win at eve ;)
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#45 - 2011-11-21 11:05:27 UTC
Quote:
If you win a 347million lottary in RL what would you do with it related to CCP and EvE

Wouldn't change anything for me.
Lucien Visteen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#46 - 2011-11-21 11:11:08 UTC
Mirima Thurander wrote:
If you win a 347million lottary in RL what would you do with it related to CCP and EvE.

I would buy the best damn computer I could get my ritch hands on!

And a car, and a house but those might not be related to CCP. Wait I know, I could buy a house right next to CCP HQ.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.

Captain Sonic
Lifeline Industries
Plucky Adventurers
#47 - 2011-11-21 11:20:18 UTC
Buy a RL sized Megathron yatch and sail the world and pew pew at somailan pirates!

Killer Gandry
Fenghuang Corporation
Ethnobotanical Demonolatry
#48 - 2011-11-21 11:31:15 UTC
I would make my next forum post from my personal remote island.
Something Random
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#49 - 2011-11-21 11:52:00 UTC
No philanthropists here then ?

Nobody setting up funding accounts or giving to charity ?

For Shame...Sad

"caught on fire a little bit, just a little."

"Delinquents, check, weirdos, check, hippies, check, pillheads, check, freaks, check, potheads, check .....gangs all here!"

I love Science, it gives me a Hadron.

Nex apparatu5
Blackwood Co.
#50 - 2011-11-21 12:22:20 UTC
THXBYE wrote:
Nex apparatu5 wrote:
If I had that kind of money, Eve would be the last thing on my mind.

Nex apparatu5
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore

THXBYE
Elite War Squad
Omniwing
No-Mercy
Requiem Eternal
#51 - 2011-11-21 17:44:33 UTC
Kietay Ayari wrote:
Gealbhan wrote:
347mil? invest in a tangible comodity like gold. credit cards, paper money and digital statements aren't worth jack if the bank goes under.
actual gold bars or ingots if you prefer will always be a good item to trade with.

Gold will actually be completely useless as a currency if our modern currencies fail. People always say there is value to gold but that's only if there is a society well formed enough to still use a currency. If the dollar went under our society would collapse and any kind of useless money item would be worthless. Gold only works in that thin line between a collapsed currency and a functioning society.

Almost never happens. ;D

Yes. Here is a secret, folks: The most valuable assets(now and in an apocalypse) are food, weapons, and real estate.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#52 - 2011-11-21 17:46:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
Id acutally only need 2 million of it though to sustain my life style and trying to set up myself for an art carrer.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Aranial
Empyrean Warriors
#53 - 2011-11-21 17:50:53 UTC
Pay to be taken into space for real, well at least Earth orbit on the ISS.

One can only dream :'3
Dr Karsun
Coffee Lovers Brewing Club
#54 - 2011-11-21 17:55:32 UTC
A. Buy a big, nice house somewhere far away. And surely a flat in the centre of stockholm, a lovely town.
B. Build an awesome jazz club with weekly live concerts.
C. Blow a few mil on cars / jachts (not that hard really) and a private jet and a helicopter for the lulz.
D. Buy a tank to drive around my 100 hectar garden and mount a huge paintball gun on it.... Invite my friends for a round of paintball...
E. Invest 90% the remaining money in various places.
F. 50% of what is left goes to bank accounts in case I just lose everything I just invested...

"Have you had your morning coffee?" -> the Coffee Lovers Brewing Club is recruiting! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=363976#post363976

mkint
#55 - 2011-11-21 17:55:35 UTC
Omniwing wrote:
Kietay Ayari wrote:
Gealbhan wrote:
347mil? invest in a tangible comodity like gold. credit cards, paper money and digital statements aren't worth jack if the bank goes under.
actual gold bars or ingots if you prefer will always be a good item to trade with.

Gold will actually be completely useless as a currency if our modern currencies fail. People always say there is value to gold but that's only if there is a society well formed enough to still use a currency. If the dollar went under our society would collapse and any kind of useless money item would be worthless. Gold only works in that thin line between a collapsed currency and a functioning society.

Almost never happens. ;D

Yes. Here is a secret, folks: The most valuable assets(now and in an apocalypse) are food, weapons, and real estate.

Booze coffee chocolate tobacco. The stuff people just can't live without.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Cord Binchiette
Kzinti Hegemony
#56 - 2011-11-21 18:01:12 UTC
I would buy Blizzard and CCP and force Blizzard to transfer every WOW character to Eve.

I'm thinking that would make for a really nice Target Rich Environment.

Palovana
Inner Fire Inc.
#57 - 2011-11-21 18:13:51 UTC
Nex apparatu5 wrote:
If I had that kind of money, Eve would be the last thing on my mind.

Ferrari FXX.
Nürburgring.
Keep practicing until I break 7 minutes.
Glory Hound
No Glory in Violence
#58 - 2011-11-21 18:20:12 UTC
Buy an island
purchase hookers
train them to play eve
????
Profit!!!
Mirima Thurander
#59 - 2011-11-21 18:35:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Mirima Thurander
Step 1 - Build a large convention hall/arena

Step 2 - higher hackers to find the names and addresses of all the internet trolls

Step 3 - pay air far and expenses to travel to a convention for booze, and hot stripers, and free moneys.

Step 4 - higher an small army of these guys http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-b81nnwl61E8/Tf-z159TT5I/AAAAAAAADDU/ohtjb_eM7JI/s1600/bouncer.jpg

step 5 - arm them with these http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5218/5387090570_43b021c9ce.jpg

step 6 - sell tickets for normal people to watch the beatings

step 7 - become rich as i make billions

step 8 - Buy EvE

Step 9 - Buy blizzard

Step 10 - Use all the wow funding as EvE funding

Step 11 - EvE takes over the world i become the richest guy in the world

Step 12 - use the worlds wealth to make warp drive and gates and jump drives and cloning and Pods

Step 13 - Turn the worlds population lose on space and know my life's goal is fufiled

All automated intel should be removed from the game including Instant local/jumps/kills/cynos for all systems/regions.Eve should report nothing like this to the client/3rd party software.Intel should not be force fed to players. Player skill and iniative should be the sources of intel.

WuMaTih
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#60 - 2011-11-21 18:47:38 UTC
id buy 10's of thousands of plexes sell them and then crush the market to show ccp how faulty it is to allow players to BUY ingame money.

Also probably sucide titans for lawls