These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

I have a dream!

Author
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#21 - 2013-12-02 08:57:47 UTC
Sevendeadly Sins wrote:

The new order only operates in high-sec.

Low-sec and null-sec are not new order territory, anyone may mine freely there without a permit.

Incorrect

New Order Territory is anywhere they want it to be

And if you want to believe the OP, you are more than just a gullicalf

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Mascha Tzash
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2013-12-02 09:49:20 UTC
Do you like ABBA?
They made a song with the same title of your thread.

I can imagine miners playing this song
Sheogorath666 Shikkoken
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2013-12-02 10:44:31 UTC
Mamma Daherri is gonna need that ice!
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#24 - 2013-12-02 11:00:07 UTC
Get into incursions, mine some Sansha - it's a bit more profitable.
Knights Armament
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2013-12-02 11:01:02 UTC
Listen gentlemen, this fine lad has a dream. We should not violate his childish fantasy's of collecting ice for our war machine.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#26 - 2013-12-02 11:06:16 UTC
Knights Armament wrote:
We should not violate his....

Sorry, my mind started wandering after you said my favourite word

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Cavalira
Habemus
#27 - 2013-12-02 11:17:25 UTC
You could also sell all your miners and buy an ishtar char, which will provide you with at least the same amount of income for the same amount of clicking.
Solops Crendraven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-12-02 11:44:40 UTC
GoGet Tyke wrote:
A dream that I'm already working towards.

You see, I'm a miner. I love mining, mainly ice to be honest, don't ask me why ice; it's a fondness I can't really understand myself.

I also can't mine anywhere but Null. There is something so...enjoyable about staring at my screen for hours on end and playing keep away when someone warps into system.

Anyhow, I'm going off topic.

My dream is to have a total of five miners in Procurers, one Rorqual booster, and a ore hauling alt that doubles as a PvPer/small gang PvPer. I've long since had my main miner and my hualer/PvEer/PvPer. I have four accounts training for my other miners, and I have a old trial account I can activate for when I'm able to buy a Rorqual booster character. Yes, I will multibox, haters can shower me in their hate now.

I enjoy mining as I told you and I'm mainly doing it right now for the self satisfaction of helping my alliance out, while making enough isk to plex myself, along with slowly saving up isk to indulge in any PvE/PvP urges. The portion I'll give the to the alliance will be 4.4k of vary types, monthly and at a discount. I'll take that amount of ice out of yield per month, with a base of 4 hours mining er day.

I'm trying to do the math and I'm trying to since if I'm doing it right, since I tend to be really...really...REALLY off about things.

Since I plan to PLEX myself, seven accounts total, I'll use the worse case of PLEX ending up being 650mil.

650mil x 7 = 4.55bil a month.

The ice I'll be mining for income is Dark Glitter and in the worse of cases I can think of, say it falls to 500k each in Jita. Not like I'd REALLY just be selling the ore, I'll refine that for the most pay back value. Oh, this will be using Eve Isk per Hour for the yield amount.

At first, before I get a Rorqual booster, my Procurers will be mining 81 Dark Glitter which, for a total of 405 Dark Glitter an hour. Four hours a day, 1620 a day. 48,600 every 30 days, minus 4,400 to the alliance...

81 x 5 = 405 x 4 = 1620 x 30 = 48,600 - 4,400 = 44, 200

Now that I have the amount of Dark Glitter I can mine a month...

500,000 x 44, 200 = 22,100,000,000

Now with the monthly PLEXING of 4,550,000,000

22,100,000,000 - 4,550,000,000 = 17,550,000,000

It'll take a good amount of my time, but I'll make more then enough. For the fun of it, lets see if I toned it down to 2 hours a day...

405 x 2 = 810 x 30 = 24,300 - 4, 400 = 19, 900

With that done...

500,000 x 19,900 = 9,950,000,000

Now with the monthly PLEXING of 4,550,000,000

9,950,000,000 - 4,550,000,000 = 5400000000

Seems I can still break even and then some even with the least amount of hours, but I guess people will still think of it as being a job. Though it won't be for me.

Now with the Rorqual booster, they will be mining 140 Dark Glitter, for a total of 700 an hour. Four hours a day, 2,800. 84,000 every 30 days, minus 4,400 to the alliance...

140 x 5 = 700 x 4 = 2,800 x 30 = 84,000 - 4,400 = 79,600

With that done...

500,000 x 79,600 = 39,800,000,000

Now with the monthly PLEXING for 4,550,000,000

39,800,000,000 - 4,550,000,000 = 35,250,000,000

I'm able to pay for the accounts, along with having isk to spare. Even if I spend some isk getting it hauled, even if I sell the whole without refining it, I should make out very well. It all seems like a good idea to me and like I won't regret it at all. Till I get bored of mining months, if not a year down the road. By that point I'd just sell them and go fully into PvP, as many have done.

Is my math off in some way, is this a bad idea? Should I stop being a almost full time carebear and get in a ship to kill people?

I understand that there are quicker, better, and more enjoyable ways to make isk in this game; as many people have told me. I just like this one and I feel like it fits the amount of time I have and what I like to do best...stare at a screen all day long.
I share Your Dream,Your Vision.Your are Not the only one. be careful what you dream for it might just come true.

Moving To Las Vegas Watch Me Play Poker! enter link description here

Solops Crendraven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2013-12-02 12:10:55 UTC
Twisted
GoGet Tyke wrote:
Oh, no!

Don't target me!

I'm harmless, I'm nice, I only have 7 alts, I won't be able to fight back!

It isn't like I don't have people trying to gank me every day as is, noooo, stop scaring me!

Remember to bring friends. I love you all <3

Solops Crendraven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2013-12-02 12:19:23 UTC
Power of Trollface wrote:
Nice thread!

I don't find mining myself fun OP, but I enjoy the style of your post!
Perhaps while mining you could write things? Seems like a good idea to keep you doing something productive, human lives are quite short in the scheme of things.

Nice Indeed.

Brendan Anneto
Gladiators of Rage
Fraternity.
#31 - 2013-12-02 12:41:15 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
You should keep this kind of **** in your diary or with your friends. People reading this here will just laugh and see a nullbear gank target.

People look at you and laugh because they see how little Isk you have.

I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your terror comes, When your terror comes like a storm, And your destruction comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you.   Proverbs 1:26-27

Solops Crendraven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-12-02 12:51:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Solops Crendraven
Merlin: You brought me back. Your love brought me back. Back to where you are now. In the land of dreams.
Arthur: Are you a dream, Merlin?
Merlin: [softly] A dream to some.
[Yelling]
Merlin: A nightmare to others.

Merlin: The future of Eve has taken root in the present. Land Of Dreams

Mr Pragmatic
#33 - 2013-12-02 13:22:31 UTC
I once had a dream of running a mining corporation. I ran it for about 2 months before I got burnt out b/c it came a second job.So many miners don't want to lead.

Super cali hella yolo swaga dopeness.  -Yoloswaggins, in the fellowship of the bling.

GoGet Tyke
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-12-02 13:44:35 UTC  |  Edited by: GoGet Tyke
This thread turned out better then expected.

Good thing I told people what I fly, how I plan to fly it, and where they can find me if I'm in local.

Bring some PvP into my life, Sirs and Madams.

I don't make much isk, I don't really care about that. I do what I enjoy, I help who I want, and I'm having fun. Just like those that are against the idea, those who think their way of life in Eve is better, I care nothing for you as you do for me.

I have time, I have disposable income, I just want to go through paying everything from the world of Eve and not from my wallet.

If after putting up the decorations, putting down the welcome mat, and sitting in a easily wrapped to belt gets people visiting me...Do it <3

If I die, I die, then I may cry a bit inside before bringing out my spares. If you some how die, ♥I promise to be alone♥, I'll point and laugh. The cycle of life.
Solops Crendraven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2013-12-02 13:49:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Solops Crendraven
Mr Pragmatic wrote:
I once had a dream of running a mining corporation. I ran it for about 2 months before I got burnt out b/c it came a second job.So many miners don't want to lead.
Very true Sir There is a lack of Leadership and Unity among us. I rest assure though change is coming we will see the day Miners and Industrialists will be the spear-front of the Revolution to come Not only are they the cornerstone of eve.They are the ones who build the war machines of sheer destruction they will not sit Passively no more.

GoGet Tyke
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-12-02 13:58:22 UTC  |  Edited by: GoGet Tyke
Mascha Tzash wrote:
Do you like ABBA?

Oh my god, yes.

Yes, I will listen to that from now on.

Solops Crendraven wrote:
Mr Pragmatic wrote:
Very true Sir There is a lack of Leadership and Unity among us. I rest assure though change is coming we will see the day Miners and Industrialists will be the spear-front of the Revolution to come Not only are they the cornerstone of eve.They are the ones who build the war machines of sheer destruction they will not sit Passively no more.

They want all miners to stop being miners, when miners are what supply or are the builders of the things they love. Well, isn't like I'm only a miner, but it's a big part of what I do.
Solops Crendraven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2013-12-02 17:47:09 UTC
GoGet Tyke wrote:
Mascha Tzash wrote:
Do you like ABBA?

Oh my god, yes.

Yes, I will listen to that from now on.

Solops Crendraven wrote:
Mr Pragmatic wrote:

They want all miners to stop being miners, when miners are what supply or are the builders of the things they love. Well, isn't like I'm only a miner, but it's a big part of what I do.
Ditto. oh by the way I love that songBig smileI have a dream

Santo Trafficante
Kira Inc.
#38 - 2013-12-02 17:50:18 UTC
watchlisted
GoGet Tyke
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2013-12-02 17:54:27 UTC
Quote:
Ditto. oh by the way I love that songBig smileI have a dream

I like this more. Dancing Queen

Any how. No idea why people bother to tell me they watchlist me. I'm not really worried about those types...

It's the ones that watchlist me without a word that bother me.

Those creeps. I can see them eyeing their watchlist, rubbing oil on their chest as they wait for people to log on. "Oh yisss."

For those that inform they're watchlisting me, I can see them stuffing socks into their underwear to make...a point.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#40 - 2013-12-02 17:57:08 UTC
Maybe you should just set up a jump clone business.
Previous page123Next page