These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drones

First post
Author
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#221 - 2011-11-14 22:07:19 UTC
Bandwith is bugged on Sisi at the moment.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Miriiah
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#222 - 2011-11-14 22:54:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Miriiah
I spammed target swapping with sentries now between 5-6 targets all the time, they always went on the target I last told them to attack and the delay before they shoot is alot shorter than it is on live atm.

Sentries are in general alot more responsive and useful than they are on live, I usually don't use them alot on live due to the pain of them picking targets at random and being slow to respond but I feel I'll get alot more out of them now.

As Sal said, the bandwidth bugs abit at times, says I can only control 5 drones at a time with my current skills(which is right) but it sends out 3-4
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#223 - 2011-11-15 01:53:13 UTC
Any chance the option to reconnect drones get added elsewhere right now the only way I can get it to happen it seems is to assign a short cut key for the function.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#224 - 2011-11-15 03:13:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaako Horizon
omg omg omg omg!!!
I must test this :P
grr, took me several hours to notice masterplans post, I need to stay home more :P

Edit 1: my third like has been assigned :D gz masterplan :D
Edit 2: That has to be the best startup screen I've seen since EVE started :D
Edit 3: engine trails FTW!
Edit 4: love the new warp too :D
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#225 - 2011-11-15 04:50:28 UTC
1. for some reason rats now lock ppls ships in less then 1s when warping into a mission ( regardless of rat size )
2. all rats have a much easier time hitting heavy drones then sentrys, should be the other way around? ( as in hitting a stationary target is easier then a moving one... )

Other then that I had no issues with drones...
I did forget myself there at the start and spammed drone attack a while :P
Great work masterplan :D

I now only see 2x issues with drones, implants and uping the damage of drone boats so that their damage isnt so far behind other ships
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#226 - 2011-11-15 11:13:55 UTC
All hail CCP Masterplan :)

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

Ryans Revenge
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#227 - 2011-11-15 13:25:40 UTC
Salpun wrote:

Yup can only launch 3 drones..

Abandon them and then you can only launch 1. Or this is how it was at 10pm gmt yesterday.
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#228 - 2011-11-15 16:00:05 UTC
Ryans Revenge wrote:
Salpun wrote:

Abandon them and then you can only launch 1. Or this is how it was at 10pm gmt yesterday.

I havent had that issue with any type of drones... :D
Is it a boat issue maybe? I use a rattlesnake.
Dread legionaire
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#229 - 2011-11-15 16:31:48 UTC
Ive been playing eve for a few months and have been playing it for probably 50-60 hours this week and one thing thats really giving me the ***** is highlighting a target hitting engage target with my drones 5 or 6 times and flicking to something else only to come back and still having my drones attacking 2 targets.

Put so much effort into training my drone skills getting my character up to a decent level and this is really letting the game down for me. If i fire hybrids it doesn't change targets and im pretty sure a couple of 1000 years into the future the ai wont be dumb enough to be told that many times to do something then do as it likes.

Something like this should be a simple fix.
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#230 - 2011-11-15 18:01:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaako Horizon
Dread legionaire wrote:
Ive been playing eve for a few months and have been playing it for probably 50-60 hours this week and one thing thats really giving me the ***** is highlighting a target hitting engage target with my drones 5 or 6 times and flicking to something else only to come back and still having my drones attacking 2 targets.

Put so much effort into training my drone skills getting my character up to a decent level and this is really letting the game down for me. If i fire hybrids it doesn't change targets and im pretty sure a couple of 1000 years into the future the ai wont be dumb enough to be told that many times to do something then do as it likes.

Something like this should be a simple fix.

It is fixed... on sisi... :D coming soon FTW :D

I just remembered 1 more issue that remains other then the two I mentioned above...

drone attack hotkey does not work when you have targeted something using ctrl+mouse on the overview... ( overview has focus )
to fix that I need to click the target once more ( to give it focus ) and then press drone attack...
I'd like to see that fixed so that the drone attack key works despite that the overview is in focus...

( anyone else have this issue? )
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#231 - 2011-11-15 18:58:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaako Horizon
hmm, I am getting old an senile it seems, revisiting my issues list...

1. Drone implants
2. drone boat damage far behind other ships in their class ( thinking mostly of battleship size :D )
3. overview focus issue... :P
4. new drone managent/ui/control method

Anyone have something else to add to this list? :D

EDIT 1: This is ofc that current drone fixes on sisi gets to tranq soon...
Lord Okinaba
Aliastra
#232 - 2011-11-16 09:46:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Okinaba
Vaako Horizon wrote:

1. Drone implants
2. drone boat damage far behind other ships in their class ( thinking mostly of battleship size :D )

The ability to reconnect to lost drones?

Edit: And yes, I do have the above issue you mentioned. ( having to retarget something to use drone hot key)

We've had 148 days of this BS drone AI, I'm not sure I can take much more.
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#233 - 2011-11-16 10:09:24 UTC
Lord Okinaba wrote:
Vaako Horizon wrote:

1. Drone implants

The ability to reconnect to lost drones?

Edit: And yes, I do have the above issue you mentioned. ( having to retarget something to use drone hot key)

We've had 148 days of this BS drone AI, I'm not sure I can take much more.

The reconnect to lost drones are on sisi :D

Edit: havent tried it fyi :P
Lord Okinaba
Aliastra
#234 - 2011-11-16 10:17:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Okinaba
I know they've said that drones will now attempt to return to your ship upon warping, but I haven't seen anything mention about reconnecting to disconnected drones. Do you have a source for that information?

Checking sisi now anyway...

Edit: Just had a quick look and unless I'm missing something you can't reconnect to disconnected drones.
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#235 - 2011-11-16 14:37:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaako Horizon
Lord Okinaba wrote:
I know they've said that drones will now attempt to return to your ship upon warping, but I haven't seen anything mention about reconnecting to disconnected drones. Do you have a source for that information?

Checking sisi now anyway...

Edit: Just had a quick look and unless I'm missing something you can't reconnect to disconnected drones.

Well, check key bindings... its mentioned but it might be me that is confused... ( it says "Reconnect to lost drones" )

Edit: I had to test it, it works.... I intentionally sent some drones 50km to attack a bs while I aligned to a station and warped when they arrived at the target.
then I warped back in and just selected the idle drones and used the hotkey.
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#236 - 2011-11-16 22:22:08 UTC
Drones seems to work better now on Sisi, they've got their aggro back and sticks to one target.
I've been using Hammerhead II and Hobgoblin II only and can't say how the rest of them work.

But it looks good! Smile
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#237 - 2011-11-17 00:13:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaako Horizon
Nyio wrote:
Drones seems to work better now on Sisi, they've got their aggro back and sticks to one target.
I've been using Hammerhead II and Hobgoblin II only and can't say how the rest of them work.

But it looks good! Smile

focus fire, target sticking and reconnect...
Its by far 3 of the most wanted fixes.

Only thing missing now is a word from CCP in regards to implants and a new drone control ui/method.
I think they mentioned before they were considering a new drone control thingy but I never really seen any info about it.

And ofc the before mentioned overview attack command issue which I dont think that meny have even put a thougth into :P
Would be nice if they fixed it too :D
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#238 - 2011-11-18 15:26:15 UTC
Vaako Horizon wrote:
Nyio wrote:

But it looks good! Smile

Only thing missing now is a word from CCP in regards to implants and a new drone control ui/method.
I think they mentioned before they were considering a new drone control thingy but I never really seen any info about it.

And ofc the before mentioned overview attack command issue which I dont think that meny have even put a thougth into :P

It would seem as if they are reluctent to discuss it futher :D
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#239 - 2011-11-21 10:27:50 UTC
Vaako Horizon wrote:
Vaako Horizon wrote:
Nyio wrote:

But it looks good! Smile

It would seem as if they are reluctent to discuss it futher :D

I cannot comment on what features we will change in future releases... but the drone fix this thread was initially about is going to be in Crucible ;)

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

Ryans Revenge
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#240 - 2011-11-21 15:20:31 UTC
Vaako Horizon wrote:
Ryans Revenge wrote:
Salpun wrote:

I havent had that issue with any type of drones... :D
Is it a boat issue maybe? I use a rattlesnake.

This was fixed by a dev. He created the problem and it was to do with launching from drone groups. He posted in the test server feedback thread that he'd fixed it etc :)