These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drone Implants?

Author
Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
#1 - 2013-11-29 19:31:54 UTC
Is there EVER going to be drone implants? Is there ever going to be another module to help missiles like gunnery has?
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-11-29 19:34:24 UTC
Wouldn't drone implants just be a buff to super carrier DPS?

Sounds like something where you'd have to tread carefully....
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-11-29 19:37:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Abdiel Kavash
As time approaches infinity, the chance of an event with non-zero probability happening approaches certainty.

Since there is a non-zero chance of CCP introducing drone implants, and EVE will obviously live forever, then yes, there will likely be drone implants at some point in the future.
Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
#4 - 2013-11-29 19:37:42 UTC
True, they would need to be worked out well and everything but they could still be done and as they are the only weapon system without implants I think they are do
Seranova Farreach
Biomass Negative
#5 - 2013-11-29 20:47:40 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:

have a "does not apply to carriors / super-carriors" and/or ""does not apply to fighters/bombers"

i would like to see drone speed/warp-speed ones, optimal and tracking ones, and finally a bunch that can buff the Ewar drones (not jamming ones) to improve web bonus or target painting or target disruption or dampening

[u]___________________ http://i.imgur.com/d9Ee2ik.jpg[/u]

Gigan Amilupar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-11-29 21:07:30 UTC
Seranova Farreach wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:

have a "does not apply to carriors / super-carriors" and/or ""does not apply to fighters/bombers"

i would like to see drone speed/warp-speed ones, optimal and tracking ones, and finally a bunch that can buff the Ewar drones (not jamming ones) to improve web bonus or target painting or target disruption or dampening

I think the concern is that it would further buff sentry carriers/supercarriers.
Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-11-29 21:14:33 UTC
Gigan Amilupar wrote:

I think the concern is that it would further buff sentry carriers/supercarriers.

This is probably why they have not been added yet.

Though sentry supercarriers are impossible now.
Lucine Delacourt
The Covenant of Blood
#8 - 2013-11-29 23:25:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucine Delacourt
In the last year they have rebalanced the majority of t1/faction drone boats based on a system where there are no drone implants. They would have to go through and nerf all of the drone boats if they did.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-11-29 23:32:22 UTC
Lucine Delacourt wrote:
In the last year they have rebalanced the majority of t1/faction drone boats based on a system where there are no drone implants. They would have to go through and nerf all of the drone boats if they did.

They added drone damage amplifiers in that one as well and officer DDAs to boot, and drone DPS has been within tolerance.
If they occupied the same slots of small medium and large turret implant slots respectively it would be ok.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.