These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

High Sec POCO stupidity.

First post First post
Author
Zvaarian the Red
Evil Leprechaun Brigade
#301 - 2013-11-23 11:47:55 UTC
It's worth pointing out that super high taxes may well be designed to ward others off as a planet's resources are reduced overall by large numbers of PI-ers.
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#302 - 2013-11-24 03:50:51 UTC
So wait, Goons are actually not trolling Highsec with huge tax rates, and are setting decent taxes to encourage people to use them?

You know, I kinda respect that.

Katrina Oniseki

Professor Clio
Apocalypse Lancers
#303 - 2013-11-24 04:13:30 UTC
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
So wait, Goons are actually not trolling Highsec with huge tax rates, and are setting decent taxes to encourage people to use them?

Its like they are rational beings trying to make a bit of money without driving the customers away. Weird eh?
mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#304 - 2013-11-24 17:13:33 UTC  |  Edited by: mynnna
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

When it suits us, we can behave as legitimate businesspeople. This is definitely a case where it suits us. We get a nice income out of setting fair tax rates that encourage people to use (or continue to use) our customs offices, and besides, the tears coming from people who rage out at the mere idea of us owning some small part of highsec are far sweeter than anything we'd get from people complaining about huge tax rates. It's win/win, really.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Theodoric Darkwind
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#305 - 2013-11-24 23:08:50 UTC
Protovarious wrote:
Vena Saris wrote:
I just need to remind everyone, people are mad about the taxes being 5% gsf 5%npc corp. Default Interbus is 10%.

Literally nothing has changed except for people who are -10 to goonswarm.

Sooooo...let me see if I have this right.

Pay Interbus, a magical fairy corp that makes isk go poof from the game when you give it to them...

Or give Goons money...

Hey, I'm all for taking advantage of stupid people, but I think you'll find a nice population of capsuleers that would just assume give their isk to the Interbus fairy.

Would do my heart good, just sayin. Lol

Or you can go blow up the goon POCOs and put your own up.
Dreistein
T.R.I.A.D
Ushra'Khan
#306 - 2013-11-25 21:03:35 UTC
can't wait to see the statistics of destroyed POCO's at next fanfest :-)

I bet they will present this, together with other interesting stuff at 9:00am the day after pubcrawl
LittleTerror
Stygian Systems
#307 - 2013-11-25 21:05:17 UTC
Torigoma wrote:
Ok, I've started to see people set up customs offices in High sec with taxes a t 80-90%.

Good, it will create more explosions.
Skill Training Online
Doomheim
#308 - 2013-11-26 00:10:37 UTC
ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#309 - 2013-11-26 00:20:33 UTC
Spam post removed.

Forum rule 12. Spamming is prohibited.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#310 - 2013-11-27 19:59:49 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The rules:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

12. Spamming is prohibited.

Spam is defined as the repetitive posting of the same topic or nonsensical post that has no substance and is often designed to annoy other forum users. This can include the words “first”, “go back to (insert other game name)” and other such posts that contribute no value to forum discussion. Spamming also includes the posting of ASCII art within a forum post.

19. All posts must be related to EVE Online.

Posts regarding other companies and products or services are prohibited and any content of this nature will be removed. Posts regarding other games are however permitted on the Out of Pod Experience forum for the purposes of discussion only.

21. Posting regarding RMT (Real Money Trading) is prohibited.

Posts discussing, linking to, or advertising RMT, including but not limited to the sale of in game items, assets, currency, characters or game accounts for real life money are strictly prohibited.

22. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online provided that it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

28. Please use the correct language when posting on the forums.

The default language for posting on the EVE Online forums is English. Please use English when posting as a courtesy to other forum users, unless the forum channel is specifically created for discussion in another language as part of our localized language specific sub-forums.

30. Abuse of CCP employees and ISD volunteers is prohibited.

CCP operate a zero tolerance policy on abuse of CCP employees and ISD volunteers. This includes but is not limited to personal attacks, trolling, “outing” of CCP employee or ISD volunteer player identities, and the use of any former player identities when referring to the aforementioned parties.
Our forums are designed to be a place where players and developers can exchange ideas in a polite and friendly manner for the betterment of EVE Online. Players who attack or abuse employees of CCP, or ISD volunteers, will be permanently banned from the EVE Online forums across all their accounts with no recourse, and may also be subject to action against their game accounts.

31. Rumor mongering is prohibited.

Rumor threads and posts which are based off no actual solid information and are designed to either troll or annoy other users will be locked and removed. These kinds of threads and posts are detrimental to the well being and spirit of the EVE Online Community, and can create undue panic among forum users, as well as adding to the workload of our moderators.

33. Posting of chat logs outside the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited.

The posting of chat logs between player parties is prohibited on all forum channels of the EVE Online forums, with the exception of the Crime & Punishment Channel where they can be posted as part of stories in the Pirate Story Thread.
Specific rules regarding the omission of pilot names apply in this instance. Further details can be found in the rules stickies in the Crime & Punishment forum channel.

34. Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited.

More often than not, posts of this nature are made with inflammatory intent and are designed to promote trolling and flaming. Therefore, the posting of links to kill reports from any third party site, or the direct copy-pasting of kill reports from in game is prohibited on all forum channels of the EVE Online Forums, with the exception of the Crime & Punishment Channel.
Specific rules regarding the omission of pilot names apply in this instance. Further details can be found in the rules stickies in the Crime & Punishment forum channel.

Thread unlocked.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Rita Riddick
Doomheim
#311 - 2013-11-29 15:44:08 UTC
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

I suspect that you're a Goonie™ alt or just ignorant to the "ways of the World".

Like any Government or local drug dealer it's only a matter of time before they increase the tax rate.

Once people "think" that the Goonies™ are being fair and it's an affordable rate, they move their operation to said system.

After they get it up and running, BOOM! Up goes the tax rate.

Well, it's only x%, not really that big a deal and it would cost move to move, yadday, yaddya, yadda...

~The problem with Goonswarm, is that it's full of BoB/Goons/RvB~

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#312 - 2013-11-29 15:59:50 UTC
Rita Riddick wrote:
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

I suspect that you're a Goonie™ alt or just ignorant to the "ways of the World".

Like any Government or local drug dealer it's only a matter of time before they increase the tax rate.

Once people "think" that the Goonies™ are being fair and it's an affordable rate, they move their operation to said system.

After they get it up and running, BOOM! Up goes the tax rate.

Well, it's only x%, not really that big a deal and it would cost move to move, yadday, yaddya, yadda...
Dumbest post yet.

At most they'd be able to squeeze a couple of percent, and if they did, chances are they would lose enough people to not make any extra.
Anyone that owns huge areas of pocos will always be better off setting competitive rates to ensure their use. If they raise it, after a certain point the cost to do PI outweighs the potential PI profit based on market averages. I imagine that both RVB and Goons will remain on a 5% tax rate for the forseeable future.

While in theory they could spike the rates occasionally to steer market prices, they would need to do that on a large scale. The fact that you have to edit each poco by hand would make that take a considerable amount of time to do, probably too much time to make it worthwhile.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#313 - 2013-11-29 16:02:54 UTC
if you don't like or want goons owning POCO's....

here's a new idea:

SHOOT THE POCO UNTIL IT DIES

Pirate

problem solved. people really need to man up.
Rita Riddick
Doomheim
#314 - 2013-11-29 16:17:30 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Dumbest post yet.

At most they'd be able to squeeze a couple of percent, and if they did, chances are they would lose enough people to not make any extra.
Anyone that owns huge areas of pocos will always be better off setting competitive rates to ensure their use. If they raise it, after a certain point the cost to do PI outweighs the potential PI profit based on market averages. I imagine that both RVB and Goons will remain on a 5% tax rate for the forseeable future.

While in theory they could spike the rates occasionally to steer market prices, they would need to do that on a large scale. The fact that you have to edit each poco by hand would make that take a considerable amount of time to do, probably too much time to make it worthwhile.

Obviously you don't understand the, "Goonie™ Philosophy".

There are many flavors of manipulation.

Good Posting
Doomheim
#315 - 2013-11-29 16:25:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Good Posting
And who cares if they set the taxes to 10000%. PI is one of the most tedious things this game has anyway. "But they will collect a lot of money to buy 50k SuperCaps!!!" Fine, let the braindead blobs (cfc, pl, nc... etc) enjoy their epic tidi fights.

I will continue playing eve as i want, but thanks for your concerns.

Oh and yes, i buy stuff too. I've lost a frigate in 4 months.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#316 - 2013-11-29 16:27:11 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

When it suits us, we can behave as legitimate businesspeople. This is definitely a case where it suits us. We get a nice income out of setting fair tax rates that encourage people to use (or continue to use) our customs offices, and besides, the tears coming from people who rage out at the mere idea of us owning some small part of highsec are far sweeter than anything we'd get from people complaining about huge tax rates. It's win/win, really.

With more tears coming from people who complain getting higher tax rates Smile

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Cameron Zero
Sebiestor Tribe
#317 - 2013-11-29 16:33:31 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
mynnna wrote:
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

Who'll then complain that they were right the whole time. RollBlink

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. …"

Rita Riddick
Doomheim
#318 - 2013-11-29 16:34:24 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:

So, you're telling us to stop complaining about high taxes AND to vote for you as CSM in the same post?

Brilliant!!!

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#319 - 2013-11-29 16:39:37 UTC
Rita Riddick wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:

So, you're telling us to stop complaining about high taxes AND to vote for you as CSM in the same post?

Brilliant!!!

Nope. Complain about high tax rates all you want.

I was specifically talking about people complaining about [insert group here] having tax rates from said group increased.

Not people complaining about high tax rates.

What, you expected me to be all 'Grr goons!'? They're in this for the isk, which means low tax rates to keep people using the planets. and there are /plenty/ of other planets out there.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Rita Riddick
Doomheim
#320 - 2013-11-29 16:48:19 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
What, you expected me to be all 'Grr goons!'? They're in this for the isk, which means low tax rates to keep people using the planets. and there are /plenty/ of other planets out there.

Wrong.

You're missing the, "Big Picture", but you're picking up all kinds of Goonie™ votes.