These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon - Issues

First post First post
Author
desboScooby
Department of Defence
Get Off My Lawn
#561 - 2013-11-28 11:47:45 UTC
desboScooby wrote:
ChaosLife wrote:
Encce wrote:
After the patch today cant log in.

http://i.imgur.com/eETPWPC.png

Missing 2 toons + cant login with the one.

o7

+1

Same for me.

Seems to be fixed for me now.
ChaosLife
a bit toxic
DammFam
#562 - 2013-11-28 11:50:02 UTC
desboScooby wrote:
desboScooby wrote:
ChaosLife wrote:
Encce wrote:
After the patch today cant log in.

http://i.imgur.com/eETPWPC.png

Missing 2 toons + cant login with the one.

o7

+1

Same for me.

Seems to be fixed for me now.

agreed, working now. +1 cookie for CCP!
Ishmael Clark
Center for Advanced Studies
#563 - 2013-11-28 11:51:33 UTC
Everything appears to be good now. Wish my IT department at work responded this fast.

Thanks!

So it goes.

Mia Sedgwick
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#564 - 2013-11-28 11:58:55 UTC
Thank you for the quick fix :)
Rammix
TheMurk
#565 - 2013-11-28 15:31:58 UTC
Current version of the launcher heats CPU insanely while updating the client. Mine went from 35 degrees up to 69. Evil Have seen some sensible load before - this spring or a bit earlier - but never to this level.
How can an updater load a computer more than the game client itself? It's ridiculous.

My HW: AMD Phenom x6, ge force gtx 560 Ti.

Even 3 active clients started under w.i.n.e. - camera looking at pos field, medium visual settings - don't heat the cpu as the damn updater does. 'Nuff said.

OpenSUSE Leap 42.1, wine >1.9

Covert cyno in highsec: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=296129&find=unread

Druson Zod
#566 - 2013-11-28 17:16:55 UTC
Druson Zod wrote:
My starmap is rendering improperly using DirectX 11.

Pictures:
1: Flattened starmap using DirectX 11
2: Flattened starmap using DirectX 9

Issue no longer reproducible using DirectX 11 setting in the launcher.

To the developer who fixed this issue: Thank you!

I accidentally my ship, is that bad?

Himitsu vanya
Arhicorp
#567 - 2013-11-28 22:52:41 UTC
Camera zoom when minimize game issue is still not fixed. Oh god, bless CCP programmers to they fix it already! At least in Rubicon 1.0.5 patch...
Starrakatt
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#568 - 2013-11-28 23:24:38 UTC
Recurrent maximum zoom-in after you jump a gate is still not fixed, you got to zoom out of your cockpit most of the time.
Swiftstrike1
Swiftstrike Incorporated
#569 - 2013-11-29 03:21:19 UTC
Some players are not getting on pod kill mails when they should be. I held point on a pod today for at least 10 seconds while my squadmates locked him up and pointed him too, but only the dude who fired his guns and popped the pod got onto the killmail.

Casual Incursion runner & Faction Warfare grunt, ex-Wormholer, ex-Nullbear.

Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#570 - 2013-11-29 03:47:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Toshiro Ozuwara
DirectX 11 crashes my nVidia drivers (which sometimes black screens or crashes Eve) pretty regularly on Minmatar gates. Last crash lead to an Eve crash, lead to me getting killed.

Using Dx9 via the launcher now. Also, DX11 was putting way too much workload on my GPU, superheated just running one client.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Azmodan EG
Doomheim
#571 - 2013-11-29 06:03:46 UTC
After yesterday downtime my windows 7 x64 say me to go basic aero style every time I close EVE client.
And I still cant change the "Period Interval" setting. No matter how much times I set it to "Interval Imeediate" it is still "Interval one" after reboot.
Runing DX11

I7-950
12Gb Ram
680GTX
Win 7 64bit fresh install (1 week), all drivers are up to date.
Ariete
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#572 - 2013-11-29 10:01:30 UTC
Eve Fitting Windows crashes computer

After the lastest patch the Eve fitting window crashes the computer forcing a reboot. This has been happening since Rubicon came out and makes the game unplayable.

Screenshots of Crashes

Mac Mini (Mid 2011)
2.5ghz i5
8gb Ram
AMD Radeon HD 6630
OS X 10.9
Misrin Epsilon
Silver Wing Hauling
#573 - 2013-11-29 14:05:13 UTC
Still getting reduced fps. Around 45fps on Interval 1. Using dx9. Never had this problem before Rubicon. Nvidia GT540M.
Roadkill Alexander
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#574 - 2013-11-29 16:53:55 UTC
I'm having an odd issue with the launcher that I'm unable to work out. Upon starting the launcher I get the message that the "Eve Launcher has stopped responding".

I have attempted Falcon's Fix, however my Launcher directory is missing "launcher.old.exe", and my appdata folder has neither "EVE_Online_Launcher-2.1.643940.win32" or "EVE_Online_Launcher-2.1.613956.win32", But instead has "EVE_Online_Launcher-2.1.655130.win32". So am unable to perform Falcon's Fix.

I have attempted Theodarum's fix. However do not have the "updater.exe" file. I used the link he provided in his comment, ran the update, launcher popped up and "stopped responding" immediately.

The only way I am able to currently launch the game is through the "eve.exe" file in the bin folder. Additionally, anytime a new update/patch comes out I have to completely uninstall and reinstall EVE (annoying).

Can someone help me with this launcher issue?
Karrick Salk
NORSE Productions Inc.
#575 - 2013-11-29 22:30:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Karrick Salk
Theodarum wrote:
hello,

as more and more pilots have a launcher issue.

REPAIRTOOL CANNOT FIX YOUR LAUNCHER

Please refer to this post as many pilots have confirmed that this is working.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3894308#post3894308

CCP, please accept my apologizes but it seems like your fix or workaround does not help.

Additinal note: Guys, if you read this, please refer your mates to this post if their launcher is broken.

The above work-around done nothing but dork it up good. Even the repair tool wont complete.

Then, I uninstalled the whole game, and ran the install tool.
It started up, went to "installing" and froze at "Target payload not found" and would not install.

After 4 years of putting up with this over and over again, I'm done. Both accounts auto-renewal turned off.

Peace out pilots and fly safe. I'm done with shoddy patches. o/
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#576 - 2013-11-29 23:30:36 UTC
Karrick Salk wrote:
Theodarum wrote:
hello,

as more and more pilots have a launcher issue.

REPAIRTOOL CANNOT FIX YOUR LAUNCHER

Please refer to this post as many pilots have confirmed that this is working.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3894308#post3894308

CCP, please accept my apologizes but it seems like your fix or workaround does not help.

Additinal note: Guys, if you read this, please refer your mates to this post if their launcher is broken.

The above work-around done nothing but dork it up good. Even the repair tool wont complete.

Then, I uninstalled the whole game, and ran the install tool.
It started up, went to "installing" and froze at "Target payload not found" and would not install.

After 4 years of putting up with this over and over again, I'm done. Both accounts auto-renewal turned off.

Peace out pilots and fly safe. I'm done with shoddy patches. o/

You might see if this works for you
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#577 - 2013-11-30 00:07:41 UTC
AB and MWD sound, please fix them, or put an option to lower the sound of it.

The Tears Must Flow

mama guru
Yazatas.
#578 - 2013-11-30 01:05:38 UTC  |  Edited by: mama guru
Snaggletooth Slackjaw wrote:
Windows wigged out with "low memory" after about 6 hours of Eve.

Windows Vista 2Gb RAM.

Not running any unuusal extra programs, (just Contribtastic and TS as usual) and never had this before, despite often playing Eve for more then 6 hour sessions so I suspect (just suspect) that there may be a memory leak somewhere.

Same issue.

8GB DDR3

Win 7 64 bit.

EDIT:

Only getting this when docked, and seems extremely breif because memory use is only at 44% with the usual programs running.

EVE online is the fishermans friend of MMO's. If it's too hard you are too weak.

Rammix
TheMurk
#579 - 2013-11-30 03:18:02 UTC
This is not related to Rubicon but I need to ask:

CCP are you going to ever do something with those appearing notification windows? I mean anomaly activation, 'intergalactic news', downtime notification, not enough pg/cpu, etc etc windows. Do you realize how annoying they can be? Especially while multiboxing: closing the damn downtime notification window in 3 or more clients several times in an hour .. it's driving mad.

OpenSUSE Leap 42.1, wine >1.9

Covert cyno in highsec: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=296129&find=unread

Ketov Aktar
Grey Wolff
#580 - 2013-11-30 16:53:04 UTC

Same here.

And even worse: My char´s in the reprocessing qeue :(

Fix dat plZ!

edit - if it´s non fixable, THAT would be the opportunity to get rid of my worst addiction - always look on the bright side....
Getting a RL again could be..... interesting Blink[/quote]
NAAH!Lol