These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

eWarp or how to get tied up and pooped on

First post
Author
Omega Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#101 - 2013-11-29 02:34:45 UTC
Don't hate their swag brah Bear
Ninteen Seventy-Nine
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#102 - 2013-11-29 03:38:06 UTC
So we've discovered a way to methodically kill a large numbers of supercapitals.

I'm failing to see what the downside is here.

Why should CCP "fix" what might be the best thing to happen to this game in.... ever? Blink

"The unending paradox is that we do learn through pain."

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#103 - 2013-11-29 06:01:01 UTC
hahaha
Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#104 - 2013-11-29 07:30:18 UTC
John Caffeine wrote:
(Btw I'm secretly rooting for you guys hoping they're cool with it 'cause holy **** dead supers/caps everwhere, I just strongly dislike being told I'm not allowed to do something only to see someone not bothering to ask get away with it. Which is basicly just CCP punishing the rest of us for checking with GMs first.)

Pretty much this, regardless of CCP's ruling on the matter, Shadow Cartel can still say they pulled this off, the kill will still forever be API verified, and nobody can take that away from them.

HOWEVER, my main concern with the whole ordeal lies more in the arbitrary need to e-warp out of a POS (where, barring spies or a password) you should be as 'safe' as one could be in this abysmal game. Log out in a POS, Log in in a POS- seems like a pretty obvious change, that's more than warranted.

If this kill had happened anywhere else in space, outside of a POS on login, GG WP. Sadly, they will probably just band aide this **** with a session change invulnerability (where ships just pass through you) until they can figure out how to address fixing (or not fixing) this.
Phi X
Starwinders
#105 - 2013-11-29 08:11:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Phi X
I cant see how this should be legit, since your not actualy logged fully in before your out of the e.warp.

And i cant realy understand why arguing otherwise since you have not been given control of your ship.

Its realy a no brainer.
Setsune Rin
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#106 - 2013-11-29 09:45:13 UTC
Xolve wrote:
John Caffeine wrote:
(Btw I'm secretly rooting for you guys hoping they're cool with it 'cause holy **** dead supers/caps everwhere, I just strongly dislike being told I'm not allowed to do something only to see someone not bothering to ask get away with it. Which is basicly just CCP punishing the rest of us for checking with GMs first.)

Pretty much this, regardless of CCP's ruling on the matter, Shadow Cartel can still say they pulled this off, the kill will still forever be API verified, and nobody can take that away from them.

HOWEVER, my main concern with the whole ordeal lies more in the arbitrary need to e-warp out of a POS (where, barring spies or a password) you should be as 'safe' as one could be in this abysmal game. Log out in a POS, Log in in a POS- seems like a pretty obvious change, that's more than warranted.

If this kill had happened anywhere else in space, outside of a POS on login, GG WP. Sadly, they will probably just band aide this **** with a session change invulnerability (where ships just pass through you) until they can figure out how to address fixing (or not fixing) this.

correct me if i'm wrong, but when said POS is rapecaged/bubbled and you logg off inside the POS you dissapear and also reappear without e-warp don't you?
Kashmyta
HC - gizmos Gizco
#107 - 2013-11-29 10:01:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Kashmyta
Setsune Rin wrote:
Xolve wrote:
John Caffeine wrote:

correct me if i'm wrong, but when said POS is rapecaged/bubbled and you logg off inside the POS you dissapear and also reappear without e-warp don't you?

Still ewarp.
Anoxim Acore
Risk Breakers
SONS of BANE
#108 - 2013-11-29 10:51:52 UTC
Bumping a ship in order to get it stuck in emergency warp alignment limbo when its pilot logs in is now considered an exploit.

Ships undergoing emergency warp upon appearing in space have no means to activate modules, cancel warp, or otherwise defend themselves during this period; they cannot be stopped by any warp disruption mechanic. Bumping them during this period renders the ship in question utterly helpless, against the intention of the game mechanics.

Note:
• This does not apply to pilots who get legitimately aggressed under normal game mechanics, preventing their ships from disappearing from space. Use safe logoff whenever possible.
• This specifically applies to those pilots who disappear from space after logoff and appear again upon logging in.

Thank you for your attention.
CCP Dolan | Community Representative

Twitter: @CCPDolan

Gooby pls

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=300515&find=unread

this is now a exploit
John Caffeine
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#109 - 2013-11-29 10:53:41 UTC
Setsune Rin wrote:
Xolve wrote:
John Caffeine wrote:

You disappear without e-warp, but you appear with e-warp. So loging off is safe, loging on is not.
ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
#110 - 2013-11-29 11:20:22 UTC
stop me if im wrong but all this whining about him not being able to light a cyno is a mute point he was in dead terrorists home system maybe he coulda just screamed in one of his channels and people undock and warp to him after being fleeted.....

dont get me wrong im not defending the way in which they did this i think if you log in a pos you should appear in a pos and the bumping should be deemed a exploit .... btw any official response from ccp on this matter yet?
Jowen Datloran
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#111 - 2013-11-29 13:16:36 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
.... btw any official response from ccp on this matter yet?
Look 2-3 posts up.

Mr. Science & Trade Institute, EVE Online Lorebook 

NoNah
Hyper-Nova
#112 - 2013-11-29 13:41:09 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
stop me if im wrong but all this whining about him not being able to light a cyno is a mute point he was in dead terrorists home system maybe he coulda just screamed in one of his channels and people undock and warp to him after being fleeted.....

dont get me wrong im not defending the way in which they did this i think if you log in a pos you should appear in a pos and the bumping should be deemed a exploit .... btw any official response from ccp on this matter yet?

Lighting a cyno is a moot point. Doing anything at all is not. If waro could be cancelled the titan would not have died, simple as.
ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
#113 - 2013-11-29 14:12:02 UTC  |  Edited by: ALUCARD 1208
i do think the way in which you died was wrong nonah but how would canceling warp have saved you in the way you were fitted u still would have been sat there even allowing you to be pointed by a hic.

making people invuln on login is the only solution i see here so bumping ships will pass right through you
NoNah
Hyper-Nova
#114 - 2013-11-29 14:29:53 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
i do think the way in which you died was wrong nonah but how would canceling warp have saved you in the way you were fitted u still would have been sat there even allowing you to be pointed by a hic.

making people invuln on login is the only solution i see here so bumping ships will pass right through you

You dont have to be aligned to jump. They only used one prober which means they had to warp a cynoship to the bumping ship and then light the cyno, then bridge, then lock then activate module.
ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
#115 - 2013-11-29 14:34:54 UTC
i see thanks for clearing this up
NickSuccorso
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#116 - 2013-11-29 14:52:49 UTC
To the OP: You are 100% on this one. 20-150 Bil Isk on ships that CCP has nerfed into one trick pony's.

Now CCP has changed the mechanics so that they can be killed without the ability to activate modules, fight back, or bring in help... that is mental...
Firefox4312 Yatolila
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#117 - 2013-11-30 00:51:25 UTC
NickSuccorso wrote:
To the OP: You are 100% on this one. 20-150 Bil Isk on ships that CCP has nerfed into one trick pony's.

Now CCP has changed the mechanics so that they can be killed without the ability to activate modules, fight back, or bring in help... that is mental...

Now said mechanics to kill a super is considered an exploit. Thus, ccp is slowly fixing this game. Still waiting for incarna stations.