These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mach vs NM, ratting ship solution

First post
Author
Natau Anninen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-11-28 13:48:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Natau Anninen
I want to have a nullsec ratting boat.

I'm in hard time choosing between Machariel and Nightmare, because i don't want to train sentry drones and missiles.

1. I'm training Tornado to do highsec gatecamp now, so training for Mach will be efficient. both gallante and minmatar ship skills will help a lot doing outer life, i think.

2. On the other hand, Nightmare requires caldari ship skills but i don't like it because i don't have any missile skills and in outer, people seems to use min and gal ships rather than cal ships. But I'm amarr based and amarr battleship skills and laser skills seem to be useful.

3. Problem with Mach is that it will be nerfed. I don't care about nerf if it makes sense but what i'm afraid is that Mach being useless after nerfing.

So, what do you think training for Mach or usage of cal hybrid ships in outer? Do you think Mach will be ok after nerf?

p.s. hey, whats the exact pronunciation of Machariel, ma-cha-ri-el or ma-ka-ri-al?
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#2 - 2013-11-28 15:12:11 UTC
Only 1 caldari BS is a missile platform.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#3 - 2013-11-28 15:58:09 UTC
Natau Anninen wrote:
ma-ka-ri-al

Kirkwood Ross
Golden Profession
#4 - 2013-11-28 16:58:35 UTC
Go Nightmare and put that caldari battleship skill to good use and fly scorpions and widows.
Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
#5 - 2013-11-28 17:51:03 UTC
I'd say for now go Nightmare, as it seems the Mach will be getting nerfed soon, and I don't see a real reason why the Nightmare would need to be nerfed.
Riot Girl
#6 - 2013-11-28 18:12:12 UTC
Thaddeus Eggeras wrote:
it seems the Mach will be getting nerfed soon

After the changes to Marauders, I'm not so sure about that.
Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
#7 - 2013-11-28 18:33:06 UTC
No one is 100% sure yet, but CCP seems pretty sure about it. They aren't changing the Mach because of PvE, or only because of that, it's a bit OP for PvP too. I think it's ok, maybe a bit fast, but slowing her down a little wouldn't be hard at all, anything else I don't believe need changed, if even that.
Icarus Able
Refuse.Resist
#8 - 2013-11-28 19:29:41 UTC
The only thing that is likely to be nerfed on the Mach is the speed. Its really not op in any other way. Its a lot more flexible than the nightmare so i would go mach.
Riot Girl
#9 - 2013-11-28 20:25:33 UTC
Icarus Able wrote:
The only thing that is likely to be nerfed on the Mach is the speed. Its really not op in any other way. Its a lot more flexible than the nightmare so i would go mach.

Personally, I'd rather see the damage nerfed. A Mach's speed is its defining feature that makes it unique from other ships. I wouldn't want to see it lose that.
The Spod
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-11-28 21:39:59 UTC
Mach can be applied with good results to a much greater variety of situations than NM.
Icarus Able
Refuse.Resist
#11 - 2013-11-28 21:53:57 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Icarus Able wrote:

Personally, I'd rather see the damage nerfed. A Mach's speed is its defining feature that makes it unique from other ships. I wouldn't want to see it lose that.

Yeh not by too much maybe have it lose a turret but more likely i think its speed is gonna be cut to 180 or so.
Moryg H'qarr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-11-28 23:37:09 UTC
Depends on your plans, but take a look at the navy geddon. For null anoms i'd take it over the blingier hulls any day
Cyrus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-11-29 02:21:36 UTC
The Nightmare uses lasers, not missiles. The Machariel can do EM, thermal, Explosive and some kinetic damage. The nightmare can only do EM/Therm.
Natau Anninen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-11-29 10:09:15 UTC
Thanks for all of you above.

But still having a hard time :(

Oh god i just wish NM had a look of Machariel... then it'll be the sexiest ship in new eden.