These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Combat Sites - Numbers?

Author
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#1 - 2013-11-24 08:13:49 UTC
So what sort of numbers are we talking about to tank, and DPS down, a 6/10?

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Laiannah Sahireen
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-11-24 12:15:58 UTC
Have you done any research at all into the many, many descriptions of these sites on various websites and previous forum threads? Or have you just come straight here to be spoon-fed numbers and fits?
Garak n00biachi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-11-24 17:56:52 UTC
Adjust your attitude, wtf do you want to land on grid loot and gtfo?
Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-11-24 17:59:25 UTC
dps>0

Life is short and dinner time is chancy

Eat dessert first!

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#5 - 2013-11-24 18:30:45 UTC
Did a google search for about 20 minutes and didn't find anything in the way of hard numbers, just general descriptions of the sites and Ishtar fits. 2/10 got me to reply.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

polly papercut
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-11-27 12:49:49 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Did a google search for about 20 minutes and didn't find anything in the way of hard numbers, just general descriptions of the sites and Ishtar fits. 2/10 got me to reply.

Drakes and win trust me
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#7 - 2013-11-27 13:58:36 UTC
Xuixien wrote:

Which 6/10 ?

Crimson hand is harder than Reinvig.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#8 - 2013-11-27 18:32:48 UTC
hard dps numbers are kind of pointless, even if you get the damage profiles right. The reason being its all modified by how well the rats can apply damage due to range or speed tank, how much buffer you have, how much dps you have, how good you are at flying and prioritizing targets, your ability to burst tank and make proper use of overloading.

Not to mention the significant variations from one site to a similar one from a different faction.

But for a cruiser-type ship that at least partially relies on speed-tanking, I generally want to have in the area of 300-400 dps sustained tank pre-overloading, with the ability to burst tank a bit higher for a few minutes. You need less of either if you have a significant HP buffer or fight from outside rat range. Generally this results in being overtanked 80% of the time and comfortably tanked the other 20%. Gets a bit rougher going above 6/10s, and certain plexes below 6/10s can be much harder varying by site.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

l0rd carlos
the king asked me to guard the mountain
#9 - 2013-11-27 21:24:53 UTC
Xuixien wrote:

Angel 6/10 needs about 150 eHP/s and some range (50km+)

For example a Tornado.

Youtube Channel about Micro and Small scale PvP with commentary: Fleet Commentary by l0rd carlos

Dalatejc
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-11-28 18:46:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Dalatejc
Gurista 5-6/10 can be done with 550 Tank, both runnable in 20mins with 850 gank
Imustbecomfused
Illicit Expo
#11 - 2013-11-28 20:42:09 UTC
I FLING POO!!!!
Dato Koppla
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#12 - 2013-11-28 22:46:12 UTC
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/DED_Complex_List + http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/npc_ships.php will give you the exact dps numbers, for example the first room of the Guristas 6/10 does around 300-326 dps with around 52% kinetic and 48% thermal depending on the spawn. However as mentioned previously, these numbers mean little as how much you'll need to tank depends on many factors, for example you could probably do that first room with less than 100 tank easily because the spawns are 11 destroyers and a BC, you could probably kill all the destroyers before they even get in range and then the kill the BC.

What you should do is find the highest dps room, fit for that amount of tank, and then try the sites a few times and drop some tank till you get to a nice tank/gank ratio.