These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Marmite Collective Wardeccing... for a good cause ? Really ?

First post First post
Author
Pap Uhotih
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#261 - 2013-11-28 13:25:19 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Arduemont wrote:

I just mean, that why would they bother to investigate? Scams are perfectly within the bounds of the EULA. Even if they did investigate and find it was a scam, they wouldn't do anything.

As stated by CCP, they'll ban us and they have the means to verify as do you.

D.

Bear

I have no means of verifying that you or anyone else acting as a third party collector for P4G has passed anything on to P4G. Only CCP can do that and the only way they will know if you have scammed is if they investigate which means they must investigate by default, even if it turns out you collected nothing.
CCP Falcon
#262 - 2013-11-28 13:32:00 UTC
Lasairiona Raske wrote:
I kinda wish Falcon would answer my question. Please? Pretty please? *flutters eyelashes*

Sorry, I can't marry you. My heart belongs to CCP Masterplan.

On a more serious note, our GMs are looking very carefully at everything going on around PLEX for GOOD. Smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Lasairiona Raske
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#263 - 2013-11-28 13:33:42 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Lasairiona Raske wrote:
I kinda wish Falcon would answer my question. Please? Pretty please? *flutters eyelashes*

On a more serious note, our GMs are looking very carefully at everything going on around PLEX for GOOD. Smile

Pah, you know Eric is marrying Lasa -_^

Anyways, thank you so much for answering my question. It's good to know that the activities are being monitored.

Are you a devil or an angel

Sent here from heaven or from hell?

Sweet temptress, I'm wrapped in your tangles

Can't find my way out of your spell

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#264 - 2013-11-28 13:34:03 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Lasairiona Raske wrote:

You heard the man! The GMs are distracted!

Let the character sale scams begin!

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Jacob Holland
Weyland-Vulcan Industries
#265 - 2013-11-28 13:35:22 UTC
"Alliances who wish to surrender will have to pay PLEX which we will donate to PFG" is fine - and entirely valid gameplay.

"Alliances who wish to surrender will have to donate a PLEX to PFG" is subtly different. It's not just normal extortion and somehow it feels wrong to me. I'm not even sure why given that not only is the result the same but there remains an element of choice...
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#266 - 2013-11-28 13:55:05 UTC
Jacob Holland wrote:
"Alliances who wish to surrender will have to pay PLEX which we will donate to PFG" is fine - and entirely valid gameplay.

"Alliances who wish to surrender will have to donate a PLEX to PFG" is subtly different. It's not just normal extortion and somehow it feels wrong to me. I'm not even sure why given that not only is the result the same but there remains an element of choice...

You also have the choice to not surrender.
Obmud
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#267 - 2013-11-28 13:58:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Obmud
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately, as long as someone is saying something on the subject it's not. Last time i checked when a law is decided in a country people dont magically vanish of the oposing opinion.

Unfortunately for you, this isn't a democracy. This is a dictatorship. And the people in charge just said that not only is it perfectly ok, but that there are no grey areas, it's not maybe ok, it's not kinda ok.

It is 100% ok. Perfectly acceptable in every way. And that means that you are wrong should you continue to disagree.

End of story. You don't get a mistrial, you don't get an appeal, and you don't get a second opinion.

Game over man, game over.

Are you SERIOUS ?

A dictatorship ? You're talking out of your behind mate, you have literally no clue what it feels like or means to live in a dictatorship. If you fail to realize the difference you're beyond help. Having rules is the case in both systems, the dictatorship opresses different opinions which CCP doesn't. You basically just accused them of doing that.

And while it's not a direct democracy you certainly have ways to influence the actual state of the state by various means, ccp does actually listen to their community either through direct subscriptions, CSM and places like here, forums. That's not exactly a quality of a totalitarian government.

Either that or you are really uneducated on the topic. I wish i was trolling here but i'm seriously speechless.

Obmud wrote: I just thrive on forum drama. - by Riot Girl - at 2013.11.28 04:46:00

You should sig that, it will look good on you.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#268 - 2013-11-28 14:07:13 UTC
Obmud wrote:

Hooray! We established that they think it's okay. No problem with that, i still don't agree.

Persisting in believing what palpably isn't true is the god-given right of every free person. However, so is laughing at people who do so, and I am.

Obmud wrote:
For some people what CCP thinks is not god's word. I'm still allowed to speak up, last time i checked this was an open forum.

Oh look, here's another example! Wait, two! Actually CCP is "God's word" with respect to what is allowable in game, and this isn't an "open forum" (for one thing you have to be subscribed to EVE to post in it).

Listen man I realise it kind of hurts when you find out you're wrong, and I realise it's also very annoying when people just refuse to understand how right you would be if the world worked properly but persisting in believing in what just aint so will only make you a figure of fun. Whilst I like a laugh at someone else's expense as much as the next man, there's only so many times you can see someone walk into a french window whilst loudly proclaiming that "rock can't be invisible" before you start to feel a little sorry for him.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Mhax Arthie
Doomheim
#269 - 2013-11-28 14:12:28 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

If this valid game mechanic is being used as a method of raising ISK for a good cause, then CCP will not intervene.

So CCP will now endorse a charity by force method. That's low and sick! Nobody should be forced into charity action, even if we talk about a video game and pixels. Those pixels/money are covered by hate and that's fukin wrong. Hope that the marmites will drop this idea and if they really wish to help people in need, then they will find another source of income. C'mon guys, ur much better that this.
Obmud
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#270 - 2013-11-28 14:17:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Obmud
Malcanis wrote:
Obmud wrote:

Hooray! We established that they think it's okay. No problem with that, i still don't agree.

Persisting in believing what palpably isn't true is the god-given right of every free person. However, so is laughing at people who do so, and I am.

Obmud wrote:
For some people what CCP thinks is not god's word. I'm still allowed to speak up, last time i checked this was an open forum.

Oh look, here's another example! Wait, two! Actually CCP is "God's word" with respect to what is allowable in game, and this isn't an "open forum" (for one thing you have to be subscribed to EVE to post in it).

Listen man I realise it kind of hurts when you find out you're wrong, and I realise it's also very annoying when people just refuse to understand how right you would be if the world worked properly but persisting in believing in what just aint so will only make you a figure of fun. Whilst I like a laugh at someone else's expense as much as the next man, there's only so many times you can see someone walk into a french window whilst loudly proclaiming that "rock can't be invisible" before you start to feel a little sorry for him.

See that's where you are dead wrong. There is a difference between legal and being right. I didnt say it's illegal in my original post (go ahead, sift through it), i asked for opinions, call it a philosophical question, many i got even a clarification from ccp (which i'm grateful for we didnt have clarification before that). Alot of them who don't match what i think, granted. But your approach of CCP spoke therefore its right (no its not, it's legal in game terms), are not going to bring you any further.

You can quote me gladly on anything where i said it's illegal and i will gladly admit that it aparently isn't now i even wrote further down the thread thta we know that the marmites can go on and that i commend their initiative but not the means they use it with, whats your problem with that ?

If people would only live by what's legal in eve then we had only scammers and only pirates. There's also a moral ground that everybody defines for itself and thats what the debate is about for me.

You're barking up the wrong tree mate.

Obmud wrote: I just thrive on forum drama. - by Riot Girl - at 2013.11.28 04:46:00

You should sig that, it will look good on you.

EvEa Deva
Doomheim
#271 - 2013-11-28 14:31:49 UTC
So any proof they donated the plex at all ?
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#272 - 2013-11-28 14:38:04 UTC
EvEa Deva wrote:

CCP can get all the proof they want, and if they are not pleased then they can take whatever action they want.

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Sephira Galamore
Inner Beard Society
#273 - 2013-11-28 14:39:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Sephira Galamore
EvEa Deva wrote:

Aye, it's pretty easy for the Marmites to see if their terms of surrender were fulfilled via the completed contracts.
Sven Viko VIkolander
In space we are briefly free
#274 - 2013-11-28 14:39:15 UTC
Marmite Collective, oh how I love thee. \o/

Incidentally, has anyone read Peter Unger's Living High and Letting Die?
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#275 - 2013-11-28 14:46:46 UTC
I suggest we do the PFG Group hug now and exchange flowers..... Pirate

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

BKM Industries
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#276 - 2013-11-28 15:07:39 UTC
EvEa Deva wrote:

I can field that question. What plex are you talking about? No one paid any plex. So you are worried I scamed all 0 plex that the corps and alliances donated to get out of a war dec.

So maybe we should ask if we have any proof you donated the plex.
type something here to make a cool sig!!!
Pap Uhotih
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#277 - 2013-11-28 15:20:16 UTC
BKM Industries wrote:
EvEa Deva wrote:

I can field that question. What plex are you talking about? No one paid any plex. So you are worried I scamed all 0 plex that the corps and alliances donated to get out of a war dec.

Oh well, so long as you say that it must be the case. No one in Eve has ever told a lie.
Serdar Tyrnx
#278 - 2013-11-28 15:21:26 UTC
Don't Troll, apparently it's illegal.
Quote:
5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.
Nuglord
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#279 - 2013-11-28 15:21:36 UTC
Obmud wrote:
1. CCP is not the issue here, i wrote specifically that i'm FINE with their charity plex campaign.

I don't think you understand the point I was trying to get across.

Obmud wrote:
2. YES, it would be better if they scheme people out of money and then donate instead of scapegoating it on the others. That is EXACTLY what they should have done. More ISK in the end anyways as they put it. Last time i checked wardecs also cost money.

It's literally the same thing. They're actually charging less for terms of surrender than normal. I'm not sure you have a grasp on reality.

Obmud wrote:
3. People have done worse ? Is that the justification for everything today ? Eh i stole that guy's phone, there are people out there killing others so who cares. The lesser of 2 evils is still evil. (I'm not implying that they are evil, but hopefully you get my analogy)

Your analogy is again attempting to tie something that is not real (EVE Online) with the real world. You're basically saying that committing a crime in real life is as bad as... I guess accepting surrender terms for a spaceship video game war?

Obmud wrote:
4. "There is no connection between the in game actions of a made up entity that blows up not real stuff and real life." I didnt even understand that sentence.

Eve Online is in no way connected to real life. There are neither obligations that require you to invest real currency into the game outside monthly subscription fees nor any game advantages that cannot otherwise be accrued over time to be obtained with real currency.

Again, I'm not sure if you're having a hard time understanding this or what but I'll put it as simply as anyone can:
Eve Online isn't real. Any real life benefit to others (through charity or humanitarian efforts) that can be put forward as the result of people playing this game is exceptional. Should you have a problem with the charity that the campaign is donating toward, either put your money toward a separate charity, or do not donate at all (it's not required of you).
BKM Industries
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#280 - 2013-11-28 15:31:36 UTC
Pap Uhotih wrote:
BKM Industries wrote:
EvEa Deva wrote:

Oh well, so long as you say that it must be the case. No one in Eve has ever told a lie.

Yes you are right we should assume everyone is running scams cause no one has claimed anyone has scamed. So where are the plex you scamed for plex for good? You also do know PLEX for Good is not over so if they are checking stuff now on people it would be kinda dumb.

I did just now get a 300m donation from a non alliance member to go twards it.
type something here to make a cool sig!!!