These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Marmite Collective Wardeccing... for a good cause ? Really ?

First post First post
Author
Pretty Pennie Pava
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#241 - 2013-11-28 12:06:40 UTC
so, when I try to raise funds for plex for good by selling/auctioning stuff with the goal of raising 10-20+ plex for the charity drive, i'm a piece of ****, but when high-sec war decc griefers extort for the same purpose, it's valid. makes sense.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#242 - 2013-11-28 12:10:15 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
There are no grey areas here.

And so New Eden has delivered another crushing blow to negative attitudes among those who want to prevent the progress of mankind. CCP, saviour of our future.
CCP Falcon
#243 - 2013-11-28 12:11:58 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

And so New Eden has delivered another crushing blow to negative attitudes among those who want to prevent the progress of mankind. CCP, saviour of our future.

o7

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Lasairiona Raske
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#244 - 2013-11-28 12:13:18 UTC
So, I read most of the thread. How will CCP prove the plexes that are being asked for are going to the cause and not Marmite's pocket?

Are you a devil or an angel

Sent here from heaven or from hell?

Sweet temptress, I'm wrapped in your tangles

Can't find my way out of your spell

Obmud
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#245 - 2013-11-28 12:22:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Obmud
Riot Girl wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

Yeah! Finally you've struck down a morally low person such as i! We shall celebrate it on the plaza by hanging them high. Because all i ever wanted is to halt the good of mankind, I'm glad we finally cleared this up because the whole topic is just THAT simple, unfortunately i was to dumb to see it. I'm so glad the world is just black and white. Unfortunately i ended up on the black side of the spectrum.

Obmud wrote: I just thrive on forum drama. - by Riot Girl - at 2013.11.28 04:46:00

You should sig that, it will look good on you.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#246 - 2013-11-28 12:25:57 UTC
Serdar Tyrnx wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

I've spoken with the GM Team regarding this, and the decision is quite simple.

Corporate extortion via demand for payment to cease hostilities is a valid game mechanic.

If this valid game mechanic is being used as a method of raising ISK for a good cause, then CCP will not intervene.

So if it was a valid game mechanic and was not used for raising ISK for a good cause, CCP would then intervene?

CCP Falcon, while you generally make epic posts, that was poorly constructed ;)

The other option is, "if this valid game mechanic is being used as a method of harassment of a particular player, CCP will intervene."

Stop trying to wheedle and loophole. You're not really as clever as you think you are. Smart, yes. But noone likes a smart arse.
Riot Girl
#247 - 2013-11-28 12:28:40 UTC
Obmud wrote:
Yeah! Finally you've struck down a morally low person such as i! We shall celebrate it on the plaza by hanging them high. Because all i ever wanted is to halt the good of mankind, I'm glad we finally cleared this up because the whole topic is just THAT simple, unfortunately i was to dumb to see it. I'm so glad the world is just black and white. Unfortunately i ended up on the black side of the spectrum.

It's not too late to change your ways.
Montami
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#248 - 2013-11-28 12:29:25 UTC
Look at all these carebears crying.
A degenerate WOW generation.
Obmud
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#249 - 2013-11-28 12:30:21 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Obmud wrote:

It's not too late to change your ways.

I just thrive on forum drama.
- by Riot Girl - at 2013.11.28 04:46:00

Obmud wrote: I just thrive on forum drama. - by Riot Girl - at 2013.11.28 04:46:00

Lasairiona Raske
#250 - 2013-11-28 12:34:02 UTC
I kinda wish Falcon would answer my question. Please? Pretty please? *flutters eyelashes*

Riot Girl
#251 - 2013-11-28 12:45:02 UTC
Obmud wrote:

Obmud
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#252 - 2013-11-28 12:51:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Obmud
Riot Girl wrote:
Obmud wrote:

I did!

Can i suggest something for your sig then ?

How about

"i firmly believe that the teapot is real until someone proves me otherwise"

Now THAT would look good on you.

Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#253 - 2013-11-28 13:03:45 UTC
Lasairiona Raske wrote:
So, I read most of the thread. How will CCP prove the plexes that are being asked for are going to the cause and not Marmite's pocket?

Shouldn't matter. Scams are perfectly legal anyway.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Lasairiona Raske
#254 - 2013-11-28 13:07:51 UTC
Arduemont wrote:
Lasairiona Raske wrote:

Based on what they said, it's not classed as a scam unless Marmite does not donate the plexes gained through extortion to the named cause. They said if this were the case, they would investigate. I'm trying to determine how they would prove that the plexes being extorted are going to the cause.

Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#255 - 2013-11-28 13:17:04 UTC
Lasairiona Raske wrote:
Arduemont wrote:
Lasairiona Raske wrote:

Based on what they said, it's not classed as a scam unless Marmite does not donate the plexes gained through extortion to the named cause. They said if this were the case, they would investigate. I'm trying to determine how they would prove that the plexes being extorted are going to the cause.

I just mean, that why would they bother to investigate? Scams are perfectly within the bounds of the EULA. Even if they did investigate and find it was a scam, they wouldn't do anything.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Lasairiona Raske
#256 - 2013-11-28 13:18:55 UTC
Arduemont wrote:
Lasairiona Raske wrote:
Arduemont wrote:
Lasairiona Raske wrote:

I just mean, that why would they bother to investigate? Scams are perfectly within the bounds of the EULA. Even if they did investigate and find it was a scam, they wouldn't do anything.

So why say that they would investigate?

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#257 - 2013-11-28 13:19:17 UTC
Arduemont wrote:

As stated by CCP, they'll ban us and they have the means to verify as do you.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#258 - 2013-11-28 13:19:50 UTC
Quote:
Unfortunately, as long as someone is saying something on the subject it's not. Last time i checked when a law is decided in a country people dont magically vanish of the oposing opinion.

Unfortunately for you, this isn't a democracy. This is a dictatorship. And the people in charge just said that not only is it perfectly ok, but that there are no grey areas, it's not maybe ok, it's not kinda ok.

It is 100% ok. Perfectly acceptable in every way. And that means that you are wrong should you continue to disagree.

End of story. You don't get a mistrial, you don't get an appeal, and you don't get a second opinion.

Game over man, game over.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Decian Cor
Stronghelm Corporation
Solyaris Chtonium
#259 - 2013-11-28 13:22:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Decian Cor
Duplicate Post

[u]Unfiltered for the masses.[/u]

http://imgur.com/mzSl1Ie

Decian Cor
Stronghelm Corporation
Solyaris Chtonium
#260 - 2013-11-28 13:24:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Decian Cor
Obmud wrote:
So I log back to eve to see the marmites wardeccing left and right.

Here's the mail they sent out with the decs:

"We thought it would be a good idea to war dec alliances. And if they want to surrender they will have to donate a plex to the lex for good campaign. We just want to do something to support the Plex for good campaign of ccp".

I have several problems with this...

This leaves a very sour taste in my mouth, i understand when people bully others in eve just for their sheer pleasure and the harvest of tears, some (if not all) of the best stories in eve have come through the loss of someone else and they following rage and machoism is just the icing of the cake. However, why do you have to mix this with a tragedy that happened in real life ?

Can we PLEASE keep this separate ? How much and if i donated something to the philippines is my personal matter, i dont want to talk about it in eve, i dont even want to lay out how much i sent, it's none of your guys business and i certainly don't want to be blackmailed into a RL activity by anyone nomatter how "good" it is. You can dec me all day long just to be a ****, thats completely fine, this is eve in the end.

I would like to play a game when i play the game and not have this in my face all the time, especially since we come from all walks of life, i can think of alot of examples where such humanitarian aid would be a slap in your face if you just come from the wrong country or different ideology when in fact you would just love to play the game. (not in this case maybe, but where do you draw the line ?)

Plex for Good through CCP is fine, it's something i can choose to do freely and i think its great that ccp took action on behalf of the community. But this ? What if they use it as a scam to make money ?
What if they lift the dec afterwards and then dec you again but this time for other reasons ? How... i dont even... ???

I'm probably getting flamed for this but i can't make sense of it and would love to get some input from you guys.

(no, i didnt get wardecced, this is my main and he's in an npc corp, no i'm not butthurt, no eve is not dieing, no it's not my brother who used this account)

Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A MINUTE. Whether Marmite is really doing this for good or bad is unbeknownst to us.

But you're telling me that you approve of tear-harvesting and bullying for no other reason but to swell e-peens and internet egos that mean nothing in the real world, but are opposed to extortion when it has an end goal of raising money for something real?

You are trolling way to hard. That, or your morals need some refitting bro.

[u]Unfiltered for the masses.[/u]

http://imgur.com/mzSl1Ie