These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Why Has Sounds Issues Not Been Addressed?

Author
Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition
#21 - 2013-11-27 17:18:27 UTC
CCP WhiteNoiseTrash wrote:

now hold on hold on . :D

I just got back to the office, so if you where waiting up late for something to happen since the last post, I'm sorry to have wasted your time ;)

I was away for a few days, but now I'm back and we have scheduled some patching.

I must make it very clear, not just to you, but to all of you -that most of these bugs came seriously out of nowhere, they weren't present on SISI or in our internal environment.

It shouldn't be possible for two sounds, sharing 3D location and the same cone attenuation, to have different directions of attenuation - for example.

Wormholes, something just went wrong - somewhere in the deployment process when going to TQ - we have no idea what it was.

the MWD. oh don't get me started on those.

And sounds lacking bass. well. . I agree, there isn't much bass in EVE, but it's a common problem when working in this type of environment - to preserve a certain "mix" - one must control the bass, and that leaves a huge problem when leaving in bass. But I shall find a way to add bass for ya'll.

From https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=284536&p=14

There's nothing worse than an EVE player, generally considered to be top of the food chain in the MMO world, that cannot smacktalk with wit and coherency.

Arec Bardwin
#22 - 2013-11-27 17:28:58 UTC
Never heard this 'sound' thingy, you sure EVE has it?
Samroski
Middle-Earth
#23 - 2013-11-27 17:50:10 UTC
Sound got screwed in Apocrypha, and has never really been fixed since.

Any colour you like.

Meilandra Vanderganken
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-11-27 18:48:16 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
EVE has sound?

Yes it does, most of us switched it off though by the time we figured CCP is incapable of doing a proper job of implementing it...

Sound issues.... I don't know EVE any other way. Pitty though, sounds is very important to immersive gameplay.
Jythier Smith
BGG Wolves
#25 - 2013-11-27 18:52:19 UTC
Integrated Excel 2013 would be more immersive to most players than sound.
Serdar Tyrnx
#26 - 2013-11-27 18:59:20 UTC
Jythier Smith wrote:
Integrated Excel 2013 would be more immersive to most players than sound.

This guy know's what he's talking about, CCP you could learn something here
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#27 - 2013-11-27 18:59:46 UTC
Since the Jukebox was nerfed, there's been no real reason to have sounds, or music, turned "on".

Play the CD recording and enjoy.

Blink

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#28 - 2013-11-27 20:03:31 UTC
Just sayin

I didnt die yesterday because I heard a MWD spinning up

Just sayin

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Tabra Penken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-11-27 20:35:59 UTC
Cry

Gamers lol
Enyalie
Sanguine Legion
#30 - 2013-11-27 20:42:16 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
EVE has sound?

Really?
Amhra Rho
Accujac Elimination
#31 - 2013-11-27 20:49:17 UTC
I like the idea of engine sounds - just not these engine sounds. Too loud, not balanced for distance (as the OP points out), and it makes the lightest little fast frigate sound like a dump truck.

Good start - needs more work. Consider different engine sounds for different size ships. There! - that would be some real excitement! Also, even a modern passenger jet's engines sound clean and high-tech - not like the neighborhood diesel hauler just came through to collect your garbage.

There's real reasons why your Eve character doesn't do /dance.

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#32 - 2013-11-28 00:45:19 UTC
I like the new engine sounds, in another week everyone will be used to them and no one will notice them.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Previous page12