These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[NERF] Serpentis web bonus change

First post First post First post
Author
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#141 - 2013-11-27 15:07:26 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
We are not going to take that away.

Are there plans to change the stasis web bonus? This was hinted at in the Marauders thread, and for many folks - any adjustment from the current 10% is still akin to taking it away.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

GREYBOBSASS
Doomheim
#142 - 2013-11-27 15:10:48 UTC
exactly 90% webs is the **** that makes it so effective,

It makes the ship slower than using a scrambler and thats the unique thing about it

Even if you make 80% out of it then its just a expensive thorax and wont be used at all due to price and lack of the (dont need a scram i got 24km webs

just imagine the ship as a arazu with proper dps bonus, makes the thing less scary isnt it?

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#143 - 2013-11-27 15:14:50 UTC
Nyancat Audeles wrote:

Is it that hard to understand that everyone who actually flies these ships doesn't want them to simply be a faster Navy Mega with a bit more DPS? Maybe you do for your blob gangs, but guess what - the vast majority of people who actually fly these things for any significant length of time understand the importance of the web in balancing engagements.

Dude.. stop making yourself look so stupid. Find me a single ocasion on the last 1 year where I engaged someone in a blob. I dont think there are many cases with more than 5 people in the gang!

Now shut up if you are unable to even read killboards.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#144 - 2013-11-27 15:15:11 UTC
perhaps they could get a visual make over too along with shield tank too help separate them from gallente and make them more unique

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Nyancat Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#145 - 2013-11-27 15:16:08 UTC
GREYBOBSASS wrote:
exactly 90% webs is the **** that makes it so effective,

It makes the ship slower than using a scrambler and thats the unique thing about it

Even if you make 80% out of it then its just a expensive thorax and wont be used at all due to price and lack of the (dont need a scram i got 24km webs

just imagine the ship as a arazu with proper dps bonus, makes the thing less scary isnt it?

Exactly. If they lower the % to even 85 or 80%, people will simply fly double web Merlins and Thoraxes and Navy Megas. The 90% is why these ships are important- any less and you destroy the role of the ship. At that point it just becomes an absurdly expensive commodity that performs only slightly better than its counterparts.
GREYBOBSASS
Doomheim
#146 - 2013-11-27 15:18:46 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
Bouh Revetoile wrote:

They can remain unique and with a clear serpentis without 90% web.

The realm of Fozzie and Rise's creativity seems to be limited to 'add tracking /damage/tanking/optimal range bonuses and then add an ROF bonus and then give it a mwd sig reduction and we've now made that ship balanced and unique".

You see I know because they've had all t1 and t2 ships save recons now to 'be creative' with and all we've gotten in return is 200 flavors of what I just said.

Eg: Geddon?

Dude geddons long range heavy neuts are totaly overpowered, pissing in the curses cornflakes,

neuts more for bigger range have shitton of ehp and bs damage, basicly a old domi + curse mixture,

Creative yes and OP aswell,

and you guys talking about ballance,

I call it redesign,

Thing is im not sure if fozzie or rise are better at it than teh original eve creaters fromm 2003-200....hmmm 2009-10?

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#147 - 2013-11-27 15:24:15 UTC
While I completely agree that any reduction in the web capability of these ships wrecks them, I sadly smile, wondering if these same people were gloating, neutral, or angry when the Paladin and Kronos were destroyed with the very same issue.
leetcheese
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#148 - 2013-11-27 15:25:54 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
You guys really don't need to lose your minds so far ahead of time.

We haven't said anything specific about any of this and that's because we aren't actually making any changes yet. Webs might change some, they might not. We have to put in time actually looking at the problem and go through a process before we have something concrete to ask for feedback on.

Maybe you should get your head out of your ass and think about solving real problems in Eve instead of making up problems with rarely used faction ships and people won't "lose their minds."

Also stop using reddit, it's a site for pedophiles and stupid ******* memes.
Nyancat Audeles
Gallente Federation
#149 - 2013-11-27 15:30:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Nyancat Audeles
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
While I completely agree that any reduction in the web capability of these ships wrecks them, I sadly smile, wondering if these same people were gloating, neutral, or angry when the Paladin and Kronos were destroyed with the very same issue.

I think the Marauder threadnought has the answers to that.
Let's not let that happen to these ships.
Commander A9
True North Solutions
Aurora Alliance
#150 - 2013-11-27 15:41:07 UTC
No much for 'no votes nerf boats.' I vote, yet my favorite boats always get nerfed. I didn't see THIS plan on any CSM members' list of changes to be made...

So, let's say you remove the web bonus from the Vindicator...what exactly sets it apart from its other Megathron hull counterparts other than damage and tracking?

The Incursion groups are going to be furious...

Recommendations:

-enable ships wobbling in hangar view (pre-Captains Quarters)

-add more missions (NPC fleet vs. NPC fleets that actually shoot)

-STOP NERFING EVERYTHING!

Join Live Events!

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#151 - 2013-11-27 15:41:37 UTC
Sometimes I wonder if EVE would be a vastly better place for everyone - devs included - if links were removed and the skillpoints refunded.
Gawain Edmond
Khanid Bureau of Industry
#152 - 2013-11-27 15:41:54 UTC
Nyancat Audeles wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:
You guys really don't need to lose your minds so far ahead of time.

We haven't said anything specific about any of this and that's because we aren't actually making any changes yet. Webs might change some, they might not. We have to put in time actually looking at the problem and go through a process before we have something concrete to ask for feedback on.

No, that's definitely not true. The earlier we lose our minds, the earlier YOU lose your minds on this topic and actually think harder about what you are about to do. And I sure hope for your sake that you do think harder now.

Yes. This was the point of the thread. CCP obviously considered the change imminent enough to mention it openly like that.

ccp openly mention lots of things that are coming out long before they're ever due to be released such as walking in stations (was talk of that when i started playing) V:tM mmo (been talk of that for almost as long and we don't even have an approximate year that'll be released but not within the next couple of years) and they're only the 2 things that come to mind oh and building our own star gates lets start the timer on that one from now and see how long we have to wait and we'll use that as the very minimum of "soon"

ps someone stole all my "." and "," please help me find them
Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#153 - 2013-11-27 15:42:34 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

The Paladin and Kronos were only "wrecked" for Incursions if anything, it's pretty much a wash for L4s and they're better at everything else.
Halaxi
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#154 - 2013-11-27 15:45:30 UTC
Welcome to EvE, where the butthurt happens before the shaft.

Hal.
Why yes, yes I am going to shoot you.
David Kir
Hotbirds
#155 - 2013-11-27 15:45:52 UTC
Xequecal wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

The Paladin and Kronos were only "wrecked" for Incursions if anything, it's pretty much a wash for L4s and they're better at everything else.

Yup, the only dudes crying about Marauders are Incursion runners and those who wanted Marauders to "maraud".

All in all they've been greatly buffed.

Friends are like cows: if you eat them, they die.

David Kir
Hotbirds
#156 - 2013-11-27 15:47:05 UTC
leetcheese wrote:

Maybe you should get your head out of your ass and think about solving real problems in Eve instead of making up problems with rarely used faction ships and people won't "lose their minds."

Also stop using reddit, it's a site for pedophiles and stupid ******* memes.

Is this a rant?
This is a rant.

You should read the forum rules.

Friends are like cows: if you eat them, they die.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#157 - 2013-11-27 15:52:43 UTC
Halaxi wrote:
Welcome to EvE, where the butthurt happens before the shaft.

It's to prepare you for what's coming. "Hey, soap…"

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

MAJOR LeeConfuzd
Mission Ctrl.
#158 - 2013-11-27 15:57:10 UTC
Please quit calling it 'rebalancing', its 'nerfing' ..rebalancing would require adding a weight to the 'other' side of the scale from time to time. LEAVE THE VINDI BE...
Fey Ivory
Gallente Federation
#159 - 2013-11-27 16:02:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Fey Ivory
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Nyancat Audeles wrote:

Is it that hard to understand that everyone who actually flies these ships doesn't want them to simply be a faster Navy Mega with a bit more DPS? Maybe you do for your blob gangs, but guess what - the vast majority of people who actually fly these things for any significant length of time understand the importance of the web in balancing engagements.

Dude.. stop making yourself look so stupid. Find me a single ocasion on the last 1 year where I engaged someone in a blob. I dont think there are many cases with more than 5 people in the gang!

I myself is a fairly crappy pilot... but you seem atleast on your talks seem skilled, so how about put your words into action... if the DD is so ower powered as you say, how about you fit a few up and set up a date with some CAS pilots, that roam daily down in null, and engage in small group and frigate/cruiser engagements, since its so ower powered as you say, you obviously be able to take on a few hamless npc corp pilots, now wouldent you ? Blink

ps Nyan, if let me know if there be any fights, ill pay for your scrap buckets
Nyancat Audeles
Gallente Federation
#160 - 2013-11-27 16:14:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Nyancat Audeles
Fey Ivory wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Nyancat Audeles wrote:

I myself is a fairly crappy pilot... but you seem atleast on your talks seem skilled, so how about put your words into action... if the DD is so ower powered as you say, how about you fit a few up and set up a date with some CAS pilots, that roam daily down in null, and engage in small group and fragite/cruiser engagements, since its so ower powered as you say, you obviously be able to take on a few hamless npc corp pilots, now wouldent you ? Blink

ps Nyan, if let me know if there be any fights, ill pay for your scrap buckets

They roam with Loki / Claymore links... They would never do that. The problem here are links, not the Daredevil itself.