These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Shield Booster comparison sheet

Author
Amadeu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2011-11-20 16:37:26 UTC
I'm sure someone has written and posted one of these before, but I wasn't able to find it so I went ahead and wrote one up myself.

The link is a google docs spreadsheet listing all of the S, M, L, & XL Shield boosters and their stats. I've included Shield per second regen and Shield per GJ efficiency as well as what to expect with each of the Shield Amplifier modules.

Also, there are tabs with data sorted by heals per pulse, heals per second, and heals per GJ as well as a tldr breakdown tab that doesn't include all of the Shield Amplifier percentages data.

Hope that it helps out others. Enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhMpXZdmWIOndEpRU2FHWTU2WE9HWWkyNkdFb0wtUHc
Verity Sovereign
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2011-11-20 17:12:07 UTC
Interesting, the medium size deadspace boosters are much more energy efficient than the large and small types
Sputter
Wildly Inappropriate
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2011-11-20 17:30:45 UTC
they explains why the a-type med booster is like 1bil and a lot more costly compared to others
Amadeu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-11-20 18:03:02 UTC
Yeah, trying to figure out why so many CNR fits used high end Medium boosters was what led me to writing the sheet up in the first place. Until I put it all down on a spreadsheet, I was usually running with L or XL T2s.

Turns out that a high end med does more HP / sec than a T2 Large and can run for a ton longer due to the lower activation cost and better efficiency.

(And yes vets, I know this isn't a surprise to most of you :p )
Nalha Saldana
The Vomit Comets
#5 - 2011-11-20 18:06:36 UTC
Sputter wrote:
they explains why the a-type med booster is like 1bil and a lot more costly compared to others


This is also the T3s fault
Amadeu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-11-20 18:53:45 UTC
Nalha Saldana wrote:
Sputter wrote:
they explains why the a-type med booster is like 1bil and a lot more costly compared to others


This is also the T3s fault



How so?
Aamrr
#7 - 2011-11-20 19:03:47 UTC
T3s are far more constrained by powergrid and CPU than their battleship counterparts, and their subsystem bonuses and high base resists allow themselves to use a smaller sized booster to tank the damage.

More demand on small and medium boosters.
Spr09
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2011-11-20 19:57:31 UTC
oh i love shield boosters, if only i could get my hands on estamel's boost amplifier.

t3 FTW
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#9 - 2011-11-20 20:23:43 UTC
The real problem with medium booster prices is T3s, IMO. It's very feasible to run a DG XL on your battleship and be totally fine - its not very feasible to do that on a T3.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Flakey Foont
#10 - 2011-11-20 21:13:01 UTC
Good job. Thanks!
Arthur Frayn
V.O.F.L IRON CORE
#11 - 2011-11-20 22:12:30 UTC
The Pithum A Medium has always been one of the most expensive deadspace shield boosters in the game even before T3. I remember when I bought my first one before Apocrypha, the average price was still 1.5 bill. It's the perfect booster for permarunning in missions, so just about every highsec runner is going to want one for his pimped out CNR/Golem/Nightmare/Machariel.
Nezumiiro Noneko
Alternative Enterprises
#12 - 2011-11-20 23:18:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Nezumiiro Noneko
Nalha Saldana wrote:
Sputter wrote:
they explains why the a-type med booster is like 1bil and a lot more costly compared to others


This is also the T3s fault



this.....a long time ago in a galaxy far away you could pimp say a jaguar with B type mods (gist or pith) and not be worried about price too much. energy efficient and run right perma run damn near if you had a target you could nos safely (pure pve fit ratter no webs or neuts). MIx with gist b 1 nm AB for even better energy savings and a better speed tank.



Then the 2 X small DS booster trend hit the tengu. Market went to crap price wise. Now the gist fit is hard to justify for an AF....damn booster is like 3 times the cost of the hull alone.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#13 - 2011-11-20 23:30:32 UTC
Nezumiiro Noneko wrote:
Then the 2 X small DS booster trend hit the tengu. Market went to crap price wise. Now the gist fit is hard to justify for an AF....damn booster is like 3 times the cost of the hull alone.


The problem easily predates the Tengu. Even when I was assembling my dual Pithi B-type NH a year before T3s came out the prices had begun to spike significantly.
Goose99
#14 - 2011-11-20 23:31:23 UTC
Aamrr wrote:
T3s are far more constrained by powergrid and CPU than their battleship counterparts, and their subsystem bonuses and high base resists allow themselves to use a smaller sized booster to tank the damage.

More demand on small and medium boosters.

Liang Nuren wrote:
The real problem with medium booster prices is T3s, IMO. It's very feasible to run a DG XL on your battleship and be totally fine - its not very feasible to do that on a T3.

-Liang


Actually, typical tengu and some loki pve fits have the spare grid to easily fit a large booster. Proteus and Legion, in which weapons actually cost grid, won't be shield tanked. Just like with BS, it has everything to do with cap efficiency, and not much with grid.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#15 - 2011-11-20 23:34:11 UTC
Goose99 wrote:
Aamrr wrote:
T3s are far more constrained by powergrid and CPU than their battleship counterparts, and their subsystem bonuses and high base resists allow themselves to use a smaller sized booster to tank the damage.

More demand on small and medium boosters.

Liang Nuren wrote:
The real problem with medium booster prices is T3s, IMO. It's very feasible to run a DG XL on your battleship and be totally fine - its not very feasible to do that on a T3.

-Liang


Actually, typical tengu and some loki pve fits have the spare grid to easily fit a large booster. Proteus and Legion, in which weapons actually cost grid, won't be shield tanked. Just like with BS, it has everything to do with cap efficiency, and not much with grid.


Um, so ... you didn't contradict me at all. But seeing as how you seem to think its only about cap efficiency, please show me a good PVE T3 fit that features a deadspace XL booster.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Naso Gomez
#16 - 2011-11-20 23:34:55 UTC
Maybe CCP will look at this and fix the "imbalance".
Nezumiiro Noneko
Alternative Enterprises
#17 - 2011-11-20 23:54:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Nezumiiro Noneko
Naso Gomez wrote:
Maybe CCP will look at this and fix the "imbalance".



player driven economy....can't be fixed. Its what market will bear. Player A has the item and knows player B will pay some price for it. This all over in the economy. Stopped pvp for a while but tlooking to start it up again. Most of my "cheap" named parts ain't so cheap anymore. Guess in close to a year the server got smart and lost t2 or death e-peen syndrome. Most of my named gear picks cost a bit more now.



Stat wise...nothing to fix. DS gear is "rare" should have some benefit. Also buff and nerf is usaully based on pvp imba not pve, current pirces limit use. And if used, well when you got a feeling a ship is pimped when its tank is bouncing back at wtf levels.....you know some persistence and luck in the drops will get you a nice payday. Most I know will deal with a faction tank's better performance to get a chance at the shinies its running. Gist B sb even if you need a second body is still nice pay after 50/50 split if that drops when the ship goes boom.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#18 - 2011-11-21 00:14:06 UTC
Naso Gomez wrote:
Maybe CCP will look at this and fix the "imbalance".


I'm sorry, what imbalance were you talking about? Maybe the fact that deadspace remote shield boosters are worse than best named and T2? ;-)

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Jacob Stov
#19 - 2011-11-21 01:17:53 UTC
Actually the prices for Pith A types went through the roof with quantum rise, when for whatever reason B types were removed from the loot table.
Amadeu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2011-11-21 02:58:20 UTC
Jacob Stov wrote:
Actually the prices for Pith A types went through the roof with quantum rise, when for whatever reason B types were removed from the loot table.


B-Types don't drop anymore?
12Next page