These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

My first week back after 5 years. My feedback

First post
Author
DB Tank
Worcester Marauders
#1 - 2013-11-26 23:11:39 UTC
Hi all

If you didn't see my return post in here ill quickly explain.

I started eve online in 2003 and lived in the wee north during the Great War.
I have been missing in action for 5 or so years

It's been a great week back in eve. The game is still filled of great people, sure I've come across some morons too.

I've been given a free ship to join in with a mining op...was good fun

Jita is..well...jita just on a bigger scale than it used to be. The scammers do amuse me but not impressed with some trying to scam people off the plexs that ppl have bought to sell. Sure scam people of isk, but to scam ppl from there rl money is a tad below the belt. But of course that's just my opinion .

Still so much new content to try, cannot wait to try some factional warfare! If you fight for the amarr...hit me up!

Onto more content..graphics, unreal ! And running fine so far on my laptop. Wormholes...never tried those yet..hearing some interesting stories...eve on hardcore mode? Like the sound of no "local"

For me , CCP have done great over the years I've been away and I look forward to the coming months. With the content,more mature online players it's looking like were in this for the long haul. Though..CCP..DUST...XBOX! Make it happen :)

Onto the goons...one day...I'll retake the north :)

Thanks CCP, people of eve..it's been a great week back.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#2 - 2013-11-26 23:19:50 UTC
WB, sounds like you're having fun. Wormholes are definitely worth looking into, the risk can be high, but so are the rewards.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-11-26 23:27:25 UTC
Wanna fight for Amarr?

Forget FW, just come join us in lil old Provi!

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Alyth Nerun
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#4 - 2013-11-26 23:28:04 UTC
First, welcome back to EVE citizen.
DB Tank wrote:

I hope you already got a mining permit to legally mine in highsec? If not send me a mail to buy one and get up to date about the CODE of conduct for miners.

fly save
Unsuccessful's Assistant
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-11-26 23:53:21 UTC
Wait...what is this....

Is this actually a thread where someone returned from [#] years of absence....and actually saw for themselves what has changed instead of asking in GD?!??!?!??!

Now I know ive seen everything.
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-11-26 23:58:31 UTC
DB Tank wrote:
Hi all

It's been a great week back in eve. The game is still filled of great people, sure I've come across some morons too.

Jita is..well...jita just on a bigger scale than it used to be. The scammers do amuse me but not impressed with some trying to scam people off the plexs that ppl have bought to sell. Sure scam people of isk, but to scam ppl from there rl money is a tad below the belt. But of course that's just my opinion .

Still so much new content to try, cannot wait to try some factional warfare! If you fight for the amarr...hit me up!

Onto more content..graphics, unreal ! And running fine so far on my laptop. Wormholes...never tried those yet..hearing some interesting stories...eve on hardcore mode? Like the sound of no "local"

For me , CCP have done great over the years I've been away and I look forward to the coming months. With the content,more mature online players it's looking like were in this for the long haul. Though..CCP..DUST...XBOX! Make it happen :)

"Browncoats", FTW..... BoB will rise again!

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#7 - 2013-11-27 00:01:16 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
DB Tank wrote:
Hi all

"Browncoats", FTW..... BoB will rise again!

8th times the charm.
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2013-11-27 00:45:07 UTC
DB Tank wrote:

It's actually easier than you think!
atpc
Lost in Space Inc.
#9 - 2013-11-27 05:58:05 UTC
Happiness Lol

So rare on GD.
DB Tank
Worcester Marauders
#10 - 2013-11-27 07:42:52 UTC
My pint is always have full not always have empty with regards to surprised faces on a positive post on here.

Just to keep In touch with the negative posts ;

0.0 shouldn't and I won't won't be controlled by one alliance, even more so the goons controlling too much .
When BoB was around. As one of the northern directors I wanted to beat molle, his alliance was invading my region but I didn't dislike him, I didn't hate him.. Infact I respected him and bob members which made fighting them even more fun because there was respectfull banter about wins and loses.

But with the goons not so much .. I just hope for eves sake you lose,self implode and will be forgotten.

But on that full side of the pint again. Thanks to some of those emailing me ingame. Good to see others returning to the game and also enjoying it.

Who in low sec are still true pirates ? (Pirates not griefefs)

Tundragon still about ? I miss the jokers.. Prob the best pvpers I've seen and dam better than I ever was.

Tank CEO from my other post appears to be inactive

Mercs.. Seems a lot of those about .. People actually paying or are we seeing just random war decs for the sake of it?

mechtech
Ice Liberation Army
#11 - 2013-11-27 07:49:04 UTC  |  Edited by: mechtech
Welcome back Tank.
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#12 - 2013-11-27 08:33:58 UTC
Alyth Nerun wrote:
First, welcome back to EVE citizen.
DB Tank wrote:

I hope you already got a mining permit to legally mine in highsec? If not send me a mail to buy one and get up to date about the CODE of conduct for miners.

fly save

Send me a mail, and I'll instruct you how to ignore these people.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2013-11-27 08:36:34 UTC
The soon to be new king of the north ?

Also, i somehow doubt this guy will let himself get pushed into buying a mining permit.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2013-11-27 08:38:38 UTC
DB Tank wrote:
But with the goons not so much .. I just hope for eves sake you lose,self implode and will be forgotten.

I have no doubt we will self-implode at some point (again) but we won't be forgotten. We learned a lot watching the old Northern Coalition kill themselves.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2013-11-27 08:45:24 UTC
Rhes wrote:
DB Tank wrote:

I have no doubt we will self-implode at some point (again) but we won't be forgotten. We learned a lot watching the old Northern Coalition kill themselves.
Have you considered imploding on purpose ?

You could troll every of these idiotic carebears that way,
making them cheer and all
and then just take it all back.

I know you can.

It'd be like "We are here to stay. FOREVER!"
Czeris
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2013-11-27 11:15:01 UTC
DB Tank wrote:
Hi all

Welcome back to the game!!

That being said, you're really starting to put off some "I was a highschool football player on the starting line!!" vibes with all these posts about yourself.

No one cares who you think you were 5 years ago.

(hint: Lots and lots of people quit the game and then come back. They do not feel it is necessary to post multiple threads in General Discussion about how they were SOMEONE 5 years ago.)
DB Tank
Worcester Marauders
#17 - 2013-11-27 11:28:59 UTC
Your reading it wrong if that is the vibe your getting.

I clearly stated how good things are since I have come back to eve...

The forums can be a good place you know.. you don't need to be negative..

But regarding highschool football.. close .. I play rugby for my local club.. though out for a few weeks with a bad knee (awaiting MRI scan) but thanks for asking Blink
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-11-27 11:31:00 UTC
DB Tank wrote:

I can see you've been gone for 5 years. P
DB Tank
Worcester Marauders
#19 - 2013-11-27 11:35:32 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
DB Tank wrote:

I can see you've been gone for 5 years. P

It makes me more happy that I can do as I wish, enjoy my day & help people and by doing that it annoys the negative cry babies.

:)
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2013-11-27 13:39:32 UTC
DB Tank wrote:

0.0 shouldn't and I won't won't be controlled by one alliance, even more so the goons controlling too much .
When BoB was around. As one of the northern directors I wanted to beat molle, his alliance was invading my region but I didn't dislike him, I didn't hate him.. Infact I respected him and bob members which made fighting them even more fun because there was respectfull banter about wins and loses.

So you believe in respectful banter except when you don't. Yep, pretty typical of the old school e-honour selective space bushido only-when-we-feel-like-it that BoB made famous. Enjoy being an anachronism, you aren't even that old.
123Next page