These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Loyalty points to prove you are loyal

Author
Izzy Ankhavees
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-11-27 05:56:55 UTC
For those of us who do not use most of LP store itens but still do LP earning things for standings and "any other reason" besides spending LPs, we could have the option to use the LPs to accelerate the standing earning.

There are very few itens in LP that are not combat related, and as you can have them in the market for a quite reasonable price, there is a point when LPs start not having a reason for non-combat pilots.

I would suggest that you can give back your LPs in exchange for a boost in your standing with a given corp or faction. You earned that LPs in someway and you cant buy LPs directly, so it is not something you are "cheating" or "buying off".

Lore explanation could be that you are giving back the LPs you received as a prove of your good faith loalty to that corporation or faction, therefore you deserve better standings.

[i]"Perfect crimes do not exist, for to be a crime, it must be proven." "Make the body count unacceptable to ensure your own safety." "Basic rule of covert ops: let someone else do your dirty work.[/i]"

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#2 - 2013-11-27 06:14:41 UTC
Quote:
There are very few itens in LP that are not combat related, and as you can have them in the market for a quite reasonable price, there is a point when LPs start not having a reason for non-combat pilots.

Combat pilots don't usually use the stuff they buy in the LP store. They sell it on the market for cash. You can do the same.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#3 - 2013-11-27 07:33:12 UTC
No, grind it the hard way like everyone else.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Izzy Ankhavees
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-11-27 07:51:03 UTC
Thus a couple ground rules:
1) This is a breeding ground for ideas. If someone has an idea, listen to it. If you don't like it, think about why. Constructive feedback is good. Posting "That's an awful idea," is not constructive.

[i]"Perfect crimes do not exist, for to be a crime, it must be proven." "Make the body count unacceptable to ensure your own safety." "Basic rule of covert ops: let someone else do your dirty work.[/i]"

Hesod Adee
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-11-27 08:22:15 UTC
One side effect is that the ISK:LP ratio would go up as people who are grinding up their standings spend the LP to make that go faster instead of cashing out the LP. Mission runners would like this.
Verity Sovereign
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2013-11-27 09:51:53 UTC
It does make sense... I'd like to use the pitiful LP payouts from L2s and 3s to buy standing to get higher level missions faster, like an investment.
The question would be... corp standing, or faction standing, or both but at different LP rates?
Yummy Chocolate
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-11-27 11:45:11 UTC
Izzy Ankhavees wrote:
accelerate the standing earning.

+1 Lol

Frostys Virpio > CCP: Continously Crying Playerbase

Felicity Love >... was thinking "moar popcorn"... but now, seeing the truly awesome contribution this thread is going to make to the Greater Glory Of EVE.... imagonnamakkadapizza....

Yummy Chocolate
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-11-27 11:46:08 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
No, grind it the hard way like everyone else.

No, I'm too lazy for that.

Frostys Virpio > CCP: Continously Crying Playerbase

Felicity Love >... was thinking "moar popcorn"... but now, seeing the truly awesome contribution this thread is going to make to the Greater Glory Of EVE.... imagonnamakkadapizza....

Zan Shiro
Doomheim
#9 - 2013-11-27 14:31:50 UTC
Problem is lp's aren't really a sign of loyalty.

I take an alt or a friend, share mission with them and they have no ties whatsoever with the empire being run for. They are just there sponging rewards. I know to awaken even the passive boosts of leadership (10% shield hp, targeting range, etc) when I ran several accounts I had them tag along just for this. Had the account running anyway, didn't want to mods/rigs for this boost...win win solution really.

Looking for rp aspect...well the empires know a decent number of pilots are basically mercs and following the isk flow (I personally have run for say minmatar to follow isk trails in their mods and quick small cash in rf ammo). Mercs in general are only as loyal as you feed them money.
NearNihil
Jump Drive Appreciation Society
#10 - 2013-11-27 15:08:38 UTC
Thing is, aside from using LP to skip a few missions on the path from level 1 to 4 missions, why would this be useful? Since you use LP, which are bound to corporations, you can't repair -5 faction standings and you can't bring it up to par for anchoring POSes in Empire to name a few things.

I do like the idea though. Sort of like the lowsec tags that bring up your security status, I would support the idea of killing a certain type of rat and it dropping something to increase standings with a faction. For example: Kill Sansha ships, acquire a Sansha tag, hand it in (plus some ISK, as is the case with the current lowsec tags) at an Amarrian station, get Amarr faction standings.
This allows people to repair standings without having to indefinitely grind level 1 missions for factions they have -2 or worse standings with, speeds up POS standing requirements for Empire and also allows you to run better missions (since high faction standings imply good corp standings, and therefore agent access).
Gawain Edmond
Khanid Bureau of Industry
#11 - 2013-11-27 15:21:32 UTC
does this mean that if you had an alt in each of the fw sides earned lots of lp while fleeted with your main you can then trade in all that lp for a faction standing of 8 with all the empire factions?
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#12 - 2013-11-27 15:24:26 UTC
Gawain Edmond wrote:
does this mean that if you had an alt in each of the fw sides earned lots of lp while fleeted with your main you can then trade in all that lp for a faction standing of 8 with all the empire factions?

I hadn't even considered that.
Scuzzy Logic
Space Spuds
#13 - 2013-11-27 15:38:19 UTC
Gawain Edmond wrote:

Well, you could cash in all that LP for Tribal Liberation Force or whatever other FW faction you get LP for. You can't cash Amarr FW loyalty points to buy Republic Fleet ships, after all.

And it would make sense any of the 4 empires would like you stopping Incursions.
Gawain Edmond
Khanid Bureau of Industry
#14 - 2013-11-27 15:43:51 UTC
hence the use of an alt in amarr fw to get the amarr fw lp and the gallente alt in gallente fw to get there lp.... but since you can trade concord lp for faction standings in the high sec lp stores saves on the 2/3 weeks of training time of alts i guess
Izzy Ankhavees
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2013-12-08 17:27:10 UTC
- Standing bought towards one faction would still decrease your standing towards their enemies as it always does.
- People would not be able to rise negative standings by using LP to buy it, that is one PLUS side, not negative side.
- You could implement a limit up to or up from where you can use LP to buy stadings.
- Staindings bought could even be more painful to your other empire's standings, discouraging the use for multiple empire standing rise.
- LP could be used to up your own empire standings only.

Remember, it is not because YOU dont see reason to rise your own empire standings and dont care for any other that EVERYONE does. Being a loyalist means you dont care about your enemies. I am not talking about a way to encourage "high with everyone", but a expensive LPwise process that would only be worth to rise one faction standing, and I would say it could really be only with your own, or one choosen playable empire.

The reason being people instead of grinding the way to belong to a player run corp in a player sov system, you benefit from your commitment to your empire enjoying the same degree of features inside your empire that big alliances offer to those loyal to them.

A way to have then other features standing deppendant that ultimately compensate for one simple thing this game lacks to accomplish:
- I pay the same for each account I have than any player in the EVE universe, why my choice to not work for some other player giving them the benefit of my game time should mean I have features of the game taken from me ?

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#16 - 2013-12-08 17:47:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Abdiel Kavash
Izzy Ankhavees wrote:
- I pay the same for each account I have than any player in the EVE universe, why my choice to not work for some other player giving them the benefit of my game time should mean I have features of the game taken from me ?

Why should the features that an alliance of hundreds of players has to work hard for and spend billions of ISK on be provided to a single player for free by NPCs?
Ix Method
Doomheim
#17 - 2013-12-08 17:55:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Ix Method
Really not a fan of it raising faction standings, they are a ballache to raise for good reason.

Corp standings works though I guess, would take a bit of the pain out of grinding for new clone stations or whatever. Everyone hates missions.

Travelling at the speed of love.

Fourteen Maken
Karma and Causality
#18 - 2013-12-08 18:14:42 UTC
Gawain Edmond wrote:

It would only apply to the Militia corps rather than being empire standings so it wouldn't be much use unless you planned to switch sides in faction war.
Dark Drifter
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#19 - 2013-12-09 01:17:56 UTC
+1 with a proviso

the LP is traded in to the LP store and has a transaction handaling fee

this way the LP store remains an ISK sink

also make it a fixed amount (a few types)

2,500 LP , 5mill isk =.01 standing boost
10,000 LP , 10mill isk = .05 standing boost
50,000 LP , 50mill isk = .10 standing boost
100,000 LP , 100mill isk = .25 standing boost

these are corporate standings only. and not faction (faction standings still need to be ground)