These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Make the existing clothing item models purchaseable.

Author
Scuzzy Logic
Space Spuds
#1 - 2013-11-27 02:08:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Scuzzy Logic
Why are half the ''purchasable'' clothing items in the game not obtainable by any means?

I know the players made a fuss about the price of the monocles and other such vanity items, but it just seems weird to have so many skirt/pant/shirt/implant models go unused while teasing us in the market browser...
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#2 - 2013-11-27 02:12:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
They're reserving them for special distribution methods. Buy the Russian version of the Commissioned Officer Edition, get a green coat. Buy the Collector's Edition, get a black coat. Buy $300 worth of PLEX during a special promotion, get the coat I'm wearing (or pay 3.8b for someone else's like I did). Buy the FanFest stream, get a gold dress.

You know. Things like that.
Fey Ivory
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-11-27 02:26:50 UTC
In the EvE universe, 99% of the capsulars wear a selected few outfits, in a station, chanse is every other capsular will wear exact same jacket and pants... and if you want anything out of the ordinary, such a set cost the same as a battleship Shocked

Im curious, if clouthes is that expensive do mundanes go nude, and can i pleace make cloathes and not ships, obviously in the wrong business Roll
Matarella
Incognito Mode
Brotherhood of Spacers
#4 - 2013-11-27 02:30:51 UTC
cotton is rare these days. Have you found any?
Fey Ivory
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-11-27 02:42:21 UTC
was more in the line of synthetic leather or latex, seems popular in those space themed settings Blink
Kirimeena D'Zbrkesbris
Republic Military Tax Avoiders
#6 - 2013-11-27 02:51:16 UTC
Matarella wrote:
cotton is rare these days. Have you found any?

I'm pretty sure it is possible to find alternative to linen, cotton, wool and silk on one of the numerous planets (they did find spirits and tobacco already).

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#7 - 2013-11-27 03:18:33 UTC
The cost is because capsuleer clothing has to be special, due to the nature of the pod decanting and capsuleer skin. Meaning that it is much harder to make than normal clothing, requiring constant special treatment & replacement. So the cost of the clothing is actually a lifetime replacement no matter where we move to or how many times we get podded.

There, fake lore reason that makes sense for why our stuff costs so much.
Fey Ivory
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-11-27 03:24:29 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
The cost is because capsuleer clothing has to be special, due to the nature of the pod decanting and capsuleer skin. Meaning that it is much harder to make than normal clothing, requiring constant special treatment & replacement. So the cost of the clothing is actually a lifetime replacement no matter where we move to or how many times we get podded.

There, fake lore reason that makes sense for why our stuff costs so much.

i thought i could be nude in the pod, i mean its full of puddle goo anyway so... Blink
Scuzzy Logic
Space Spuds
#9 - 2013-11-27 04:00:47 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
They're reserving them for special distribution methods. Buy the Russian version of the Commissioned Officer Edition, get a green coat. Buy the Collector's Edition, get a black coat. Buy $300 worth of PLEX during a special promotion, get the coat I'm wearing (or pay 3.8b for someone else's like I did). Buy the FanFest stream, get a gold dress.

I don't mind if they keep stuff like the left-eye monocles and such for special occasions, but I'm rather ticked off by the fact that the black t-shirt is disabled when the white one is, and that the skirts/pants that match half the existing NEX-store items are in the game and just not available...
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#10 - 2013-11-27 04:48:55 UTC
Scuzzy Logic wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:

I don't mind if they keep stuff like the left-eye monocles and such for special occasions, but I'm rather ticked off by the fact that the black t-shirt is disabled when the white one is, and that the skirts/pants that match half the existing NEX-store items are in the game and just not available...

Oh yes. That bothers me too, have no doubts. Still, things are the way they are unless CCP decides they should be otherwise.
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2013-11-27 06:41:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
A simpler solution might just be to allow pilots to buy/wear the clothing of all the races just not their own.

It befuddles the mind to think being docked in a caldari station would exclude me from buying a caldari jacket freely available to Caldari pilots.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Scuzzy Logic
Space Spuds
#12 - 2013-11-27 15:07:50 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Scuzzy Logic wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:

Oh yes. That bothers me too, have no doubts. Still, things are the way they are unless CCP decides they should be otherwise.

That's why this foum exists, right? So Seagull & Co. can ignore the good threads and keep working on loot pinatas and nullsec buffs. Just making sure the system works.

Also, I kind of agree with Kane that it's kind of dumb that I can't purchase/wear/steal an Amarr coat in an amarr station even if I have 9.0 effective standings with them. I mean come on...