These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Author
Kara Trix
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-11-25 17:27:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Kara Trix
Mangala Solaris wrote:
So if Devs are now acting like those time wasters in supermarkets taking surveys and spending all day to follow up on feedback, when will they develop the game?

Would you like the same from your real life elected officials? Spend all day kissing babies and as a result not (trying) to run a country?

Yes I want Developers to waste their time talking to me about what I want..... very much yes!

I believe they can be creative and do it in a way that doesn't waste their time and still manages to allow ALL players PVE and PVP to have a say in changes, features, balance, etc.

A simple way would be just a log in questioner with only multiple choice responses and then tally up percentages of each question asked.

The dev could see that 80% of the people liked or disliked an item or feature.
Kara Trix
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-11-25 17:29:33 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
The real question is why the OP displays such a huge amount of hatred.

Actually, I love everyone... even your avatar pic.
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-11-25 17:29:45 UTC
Two slight corrections to be made.

1) CSM tries to represent all the players because we want the game to be better. That being said I am thenominal Hisec person but I have heard well reasoned arguments in defence of hisec from other members of the council.

2) We are elected by a majority of the people WHO VOTE.

Mynnna is right, though. If you feel that your voice is not being heard, write to one or all of us. Although I have been known to yell at my monitor I find direct communication to be more functional than that.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2013-11-25 17:30:34 UTC
Kara Trix wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:

Lügner.
mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#25 - 2013-11-25 17:31:37 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:

Note name of corporation - PVE Corporation. A cursory examination of the OP's eveboard shows exceptionally high standings with various highsec corporations. This suggests that the OP is a highsec carebear type who does not feel represented.

We've demonstrated that this isn't actually the case, that anyone can make their voice heard on the forums, that the devs often solicit player feedback directly, and that a CSM member is actually himself of highsec and is open to contact.

At this point, if the OP still feels they are not represented, I propose that it's because they're the type who finds it easier to whine than to do anything productive. Either that or they're simply trolling - can't ever discount that possibility. P

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2013-11-25 17:34:25 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:

Note name of corporation - PVE Corporation. A cursory examination of the OP's eveboard shows exceptionally high standings with various highsec corporations. This suggests that the OP is a highsec carebear type who does not feel represented.

We've demonstrated that this isn't actually the case, that anyone can make their voice heard on the forums, that the devs often solicit player feedback directly, and that a CSM member is actually himself of highsec and is open to contact.

At this point, if the OP still feels they are not represented, I propose that it's because they're the type who finds it easier to whine than to do anything productive. Either that or they're simply trolling - can't ever discount that possibility. P

Posts like these display the reason why i voted for you. ^_^
Kara Trix
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-11-25 17:36:15 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:

Perfect example of my point.

Why in the world would I want to talk with you, when I should be talking with a Dev rather than a filter.
A Company needs no elected voice.

Yes, this corp player is a PVE account. I have 7 accounts with 16 active characters, 4 of which are PVP Low Sec only, 3 in Null.

Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#28 - 2013-11-25 17:38:39 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Kara Trix wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:

Lügner.

Now, now. Everyone loves your avatar. Even OP.

What OP apparently doesn't love is peace, quiet, and the utter lack of OP's shrill, keening e-voice complaining incessantly about every little thing.
Mai Khumm
#29 - 2013-11-25 17:39:04 UTC
Midnight Firestarter wrote:
Quote:
CSM was created by CCP after the BoB/Tech2 BPO scandal, as company pubblic relation tools; never been (and never acted) like a playerbase reppresentative. Their role is to bring/promote/advertise company policy and ideas amongst the playerbase. Not the countrary.

With few individuals excpetion, of course (f.i. Hans, but others too).

But in respect of CCP they're mostly a bunch of yesmen; not their fault, is just how the CSM is designed; so it works as intendeed.

Not at all but its it current format 1 of the 10 large alliances sends out a eve mail and there almost guaranteed to be elected.
Thats not democracy thats a rigged system.

We all know this... and as CCP will state over and over again.

If you have an issue, bring it up to the CSM. They'll let us know if it's a problem.
mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#30 - 2013-11-25 17:39:36 UTC
Kara Trix wrote:
mynnna wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:

Perfect example of my point.

Why in the world would I want to talk with you, when I should be talking with a Dev rather than a filter.
A Company needs no elected voice.

Yes, this corp player is a PVE account. I have 7 accounts with 16 active characters, 4 of which are PVP Low Sec only, 3 in Null.

So skip talking to me. Talk to Mike Azariah, who has been noted as of highsec, or if you refuse to have anything to do with the CSM, use the features & ideas discussion forum to talk to CCP directly. That's what it's there for. If you refuse to avail yourself of the available options, then you've no one to blame but yourself for not being heard.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-11-25 17:41:07 UTC
Kara Trix wrote:

And, yet, you're not.

Why, it's almost like they don't care about you at all. Cry

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Rekkr Nordgard
Steelforge Heavy Industries
#32 - 2013-11-25 17:43:10 UTC
Sura Sadiva wrote:
CSM was created by CCP after the BoB/Tech2 BPO scandal, as company pubblic relation tools; never been (and never acted) like a playerbase reppresentative. Their role is to bring/promote/advertise company policy and ideas amongst the playerbase. Not the countrary.

With few individuals excpetion, of course (f.i. Hans, but others too).

But in respect of CCP they're mostly a bunch of yesmen; not their fault, is just how the CSM is designed; so it works as intendeed.

The problem is CSM is this, and not what the OP is whining about.

Also, lolCSM8minutes.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#33 - 2013-11-25 18:04:04 UTC
Kara Trix wrote:
Mangala Solaris wrote:
So if Devs are now acting like those time wasters in supermarkets taking surveys and spending all day to follow up on feedback, when will they develop the game?

Would you like the same from your real life elected officials? Spend all day kissing babies and as a result not (trying) to run a country?

Yes I want Developers to waste their time talking to me about what I want..... very much yes!

I believe they can be creative and do it in a way that doesn't waste their time and still manages to allow ALL players PVE and PVP to have a say in changes, features, balance, etc.

A simple way would be just a log in questioner with only multiple choice responses and then tally up percentages of each question asked.

The bolded bit is considered listening to the majority, which is kind of how the CSM works, what's your beef again?

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#34 - 2013-11-25 18:12:58 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

The bolded bit is considered listening to the majority, which is kind of how the CSM works, what's your beef again?

She hasn't yet considered the possibility that she isn't a member of the majority, I would imagine.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2013-11-25 18:18:49 UTC
Kara Trix wrote:

CSM did that. It was called The Little Things Thread. We took the results of that survey to CCP during the August Summit. (Minutes available Soon™)

The Devs do interact with the players in feedback threads for changes but you cannot seriously expect every one of them to pour over every thread in the Forums, here. I have what I call my paper route and I only watch a few sections and yet I KNOW how much time it takes and cannot imagine anyone monitoring all the threads, all the topics, and still getting any sort of work done.

It isa not a matter of the Devs 'wasting their time' but of them utilizing it in the best way for the game. IF you want them to listen to YOU, run in the CSM9 election and win.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#36 - 2013-11-25 18:19:20 UTC
Kara Trix wrote:
Been playing this game since May 2011

I remember the little CCP president rant issue.

But can't see why we need to give any gamer or small group of gamers any influence over this games design.

They absolutely don't speak for me.

I would rather have a REAL customer service relationship with the publishers that I have a voice rather than an Over the Top gamer who is far too interested in their own personal agenda than to promote mine.

REMOVE THIS FEATURE and fix the relationship... Give each player a voice, be it small...it's still their voice!

Whine more without knowing your facts.

If you would have done a bit of thinking (but apparantly that is hard) you would have known you HAVE a voice.

The CSM is VOTED by ALL EVE PLAYERS.

Nuff said.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#37 - 2013-11-25 18:29:59 UTC
Kara Trix wrote:
Been playing this game since May 2011

I remember the little CCP president rant issue.

But can't see why we need to give any gamer or small group of gamers any influence over this games design.

They absolutely don't speak for me.

I would rather have a REAL customer service relationship with the publishers that I have a voice rather than an Over the Top gamer who is far too interested in their own personal agenda than to promote mine.

REMOVE THIS FEATURE and fix the relationship... Give each player a voice, be it small...it's still their voice!

You know that they cannot represent every single players personal views and get all of them implemented like, NAO!
Why does your agenda trump what is good for the other X players?

I know some people who want high sec turned into low/null sec, and others who want greater concord protection in high sec.

How do you suggest we implement both these wishes simultaneously?
Josef Djugashvilis
#38 - 2013-11-25 18:42:19 UTC
Crumplecorn wrote:
The CSM speaks for the majority so what you are essentially saying is that CCP should listen to you over the majority.

Unless you are a game designer at CCP, this does not hold true.

The CSM speaks for and represents the majority of those who voted, to infer from this that they speak for the majority of players is pure speculation on your part.

This is not a signature.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#39 - 2013-11-25 19:06:56 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
The CSM speaks for and represents the majority of those who voted, to infer from this that they speak for the majority of players is pure speculation on your part.

If somebody can't be arsed to vote, the only person at fault is them. To be brutally honest they shouldn't complain about the result, they had an opportunity to make their voices heard, and decided not to use it.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2013-11-25 19:14:16 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
... run in the CSM9 election and win.
haha ....

.... hahahahahahaha .....

... *cough* ...

... haha ... hahahahaha ....

... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!