These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

We expect CSM members who lack integrity to be removed.

First post First post First post
Author
Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#81 - 2013-11-25 14:45:11 UTC
Pandora Barzane wrote:
CCP Dolan wrote:
Members of the CSM are held to the EULA, TOS, and forum rules just like any other player. Members of the CSM are encouraged to set an example for other players, but they are by no means required to do so. Additionally, while I like to to think that I could conceive of what an "exemplary poster" would look like, I am not willing to force such a conception on others outside of the basic forum rules.

sadly for certain csm members this forum is a "game" where they try to insult people within the forum rules. It becomes blatantly obvious they are here not to "set an example" but just to "take a dump on the newbies".

I haven't played too long to see what Malcanis had said to even get elected but I've seen him post many times and usually it is witty and somewhat cruel banter. This time tho seems he did go a little further in his bashing with no wit and just to ridicule and belittle the person he was talking about.

Being blunt and being an ass maybe almost the same thing at times but there is still that fine line which I think may have been crossed with the subtle personal attacks. Does there need to be a forum post on it? Nah if CCP found it to be bad enough they'd maybe give him a short forum ban or I'd hope they are held to the same rules we are since I've seen that damn ban once already for my postings.
SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#82 - 2013-11-25 14:49:46 UTC
Thorn Galen wrote:

It takes balls to call a spade a spade and in this case, your case, your level of idiocy was exposed.

It takes balls to call someone dumb and an idiot? Intelligence is obviously very high in this thread. Lol You know it's perfectly fine making a point without calling someone a dumb idiot 3 times in a row, and in reality actually makes a stronger point. But then again it's really no surprise that some of you other lonely childish men who admit to liking that kind of posting are sitting at home and getting enjoyment out of it. I feel for you.

I disagree

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#83 - 2013-11-25 14:52:50 UTC
Quote:
CSM members who lack integrity to be removed

Hmh. Who would then be CSM?
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#84 - 2013-11-25 15:03:14 UTC
I expect CSM members who lack integrity to be disintegrated Pirate
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#85 - 2013-11-25 15:05:14 UTC
You're all defending someone who took CCP's side in the SOMERgate debacle. Keep that in mind.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Signal11th
#86 - 2013-11-25 15:09:40 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
You're all defending someone who took CCP's side in the SOMERgate debacle. Keep that in mind.

yep not everyone gets it right 100% of the time *grabs the jager off of the shelf* BlinkBlink

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#87 - 2013-11-25 15:10:07 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Idk about "took their side" so much as told us "regardless of what you might think about it, they had the right to do it". At least that's what I got out of his post on the matter.

Once again, telling it like it is, whether it's what I want to hear or not. Or at least how he sees it.

Whether he's a **** or not is not in question. Unequivocally, he definitely is. But so am I. So are a lot of people, EVE players in particular.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Ghost Phius
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2013-11-25 15:12:22 UTC
Let's be real a sec here. CCP has repeatedly shown a serious lack of integrity on a wide variety of issues over the years with SOMER just being the latest.

CSM members should really not be expected to be more than the shills for the devs and/or player block they are campaigning for at that time.
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#89 - 2013-11-25 15:17:09 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

I would argue that going after Malcanis for trumped up dumb crap about forums conduct undermines legitimate criticism of actual positions he's taken.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#90 - 2013-11-25 15:20:36 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Idk about "took their side" so much as told us "regardless of what you might think about it, they had the right to do it". At least that's what I got out of his post on the matter.

As a CSM rep his job isn't to tell players what CCP has a right to do. It's to tell CCP what they ought to do to keep the players happy with the product.

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#91 - 2013-11-25 15:20:39 UTC
Being a CSM entails some professionalism. If you can't take the heat, then get out.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#92 - 2013-11-25 15:24:33 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

I would argue that going after Malcanis for trumped up dumb crap about forums conduct undermines legitimate criticism of actual positions he's taken.

I agree, but I would argue in turn that blindly supporting him in the face of the trumped up dumb crap has the same effect.

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#93 - 2013-11-25 15:32:48 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

i don't have to start opposing the guy because he said one thing i didn't like
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#94 - 2013-11-25 15:33:30 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

I agree, but I would argue in turn that blindly supporting him in the face of the trumped up dumb crap has the same effect.

For me, it has nothing to do with Malcanis and everything to do with the kind of people who pretend to get upset about someone being blunt or abrasive while engaging in backhanded verbal aggression themselves that is much more destructive to useful discourse but invariably goes sailing over the heads of ISD.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#95 - 2013-11-25 15:34:25 UTC
Fair enough. I'll stop distracting from that.

Thomas Hurt
Future Ventures
#96 - 2013-11-25 15:35:50 UTC
IMO, the OP made a lot of good points.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#97 - 2013-11-25 15:38:06 UTC
Thomas Hurt wrote:
IMO, the OP made a lot of good points.

indeed, every sentence ended with a fine point.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#98 - 2013-11-25 15:38:30 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

I don't have to continue supporting someone just because I agree with most of what they say.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#99 - 2013-11-25 15:42:10 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Once again, telling it like it is, whether it's what I want to hear or not. Or at least how he sees it.

Whether he's a **** or not is not in question. Unequivocally, he definitely is. But so am I. So are a lot of people, EVE players in particular.

This is why I'm starting the Malcanis CSM4Life Political Action Group. Malcanis, our man in Reykjavik. He promises a State Raven in every hanger!

(paid for by the committee to re-elect Malcanis that is absolutely positively not paid for by Somer Blink or it's affiliates also we did not have sex with that woman depending on what you call "sex", Inc.)
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#100 - 2013-11-25 15:45:53 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

I don't have to continue supporting someone just because I agree with most of what they say.

I didn't suggest that. But bringing up Malcanis' position on SOMER has no bearing on the current discussion.