These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

We expect CSM members who lack integrity to be removed.

First post First post First post
Author
Unforgiven Storm
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#61 - 2013-11-25 10:42:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Unforgiven Storm
Malcanis is very good in many things, one thing is that he spots dumb people doing dumb posts in these forums faster than anybody else and he has no problem in pointing them out.

That isn't a CSM offense, that is public service and we all thank him because this way he avoids us the time to go and read the op post and find that out ourselves.

Unforgiven Storm for CSM 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. (If I don't get in in the next 5 years I will quit trying) :-)

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#62 - 2013-11-25 11:01:41 UTC
Discussing Forum and Game moderation by CCP / ISD is also against the rules.

Just saying.P

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#63 - 2013-11-25 12:25:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Kell
Carebears Countdown 5-4-3-2-1 wrote:
I'm certain enough level-headed, mature people will see this and spend a few minutes of their time standing up for what's right.
I'm both level-headed and mature.

Bearing in mind the majority of it was kicked of because the poster didn't like the words "For the thousandth time", even though he was in fact stating something that has been wrongly stated following every single bout of tidi.

Now I read a lot of the post, and I really don't remember seeing anything I would consider to be over the line. A moron posted on the forum, and got called a moron. That happens every day, and the name tag doesn't matter. There really wasn't much going on beyond that. Comparing that to Mittani telling a guy to kill himself is a big stretch.

Now as a mature, level-headed individual, I feel the need to say this to you:
Stop being an entitled child, grow up and accept that people do not agree on everything. Realise that if someone come on stating dumb things that have been said thousands of times throughout the years that they are going to get blasted. Appreciate that this time it was Malcanis doing it and not one of the many people I can think of that would have barreled ahead until there was nothing left but a pool of tears.

Also understand that the CSM is there to put players needs forward to CCP. They are not elected to be fuzzy teddybears on the forums, and their opinions and methods of expression on here should be treated no differently from the rest of us. I don't vote for CSMs based on the way the talk to players. I'd happily vote for people like Mittani over people who are ultra-delicate, since delicacy does nothing towards pushing for change. The CSM members should not beat around the bush, they should beat the ever living hell out of the bush until we get what we want.

tl;dr
Grow up and shush.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

True Sight
Deep Freeze Industries
#64 - 2013-11-25 12:29:01 UTC  |  Edited by: True Sight
As someone who's more than happy to jump on the brandwagon and use his pitchfork to do some good old mob murderin', I've just read through the posts in question and agree with the CSM's comment of "HTFU", this situation is nothing remotely like the Mittani fanfest episode and the OP is almost certainly the original butt-hurt poster, or someone who just really dislikes that particular CSM.

Go find something legitimate to cry about, this is eve for god sake, there's enough of them!
Thomas Harding
Doomheim
#65 - 2013-11-25 12:35:57 UTC
CMDR Yoshi wrote:
Just bounced across 4 different forums trying to find one without drama on the frontpage. Should've really known better than to go to EVE-O's forums.

Still...

Who is "we"? Cos by the looks of it, it ain't anyone in this thread.

Lurkers. It's always lurkers giving their support in email.
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#66 - 2013-11-25 12:41:16 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD LackOfFaith
tbh Malc is actually a grumpy and bitter {snip}poster these days

would not vote again

Snipped out profanity-avoiding stuff. -- ISD LackOfFaith

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#67 - 2013-11-25 13:21:46 UTC
The passive aggressive sniping in this thread is in every way more toxic than anything Malcanis has ever posted.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#68 - 2013-11-25 13:22:59 UTC
Vrykolakasis wrote:
While I do expect CSM members to have some level of integrity, and to be held to it, being nice to everyone is not the same thing. After reading the original post I thought Malcanis must have posted someone's home address, cell number, bank account information, and a set of embarrassing beach photos. Clearly I was a little confused after actually reading the thread in question.

lol, thanks for the morning laugh.

I thought the same way, thinking I was gonna go read the post and witness Malc just murdering someone then torching their village. I was dissapointed, only one hut burned down in that conversation, the rest of the stupid village is still standing.

I suggest we force Malcanis to run for the next CSM so that he can finish that village.
tiberiusric
Comply Or Die
Pandemic Horde
#69 - 2013-11-25 13:24:09 UTC  |  Edited by: tiberiusric
its just players who want the csm tag, because it makes them important, they are still the same old player in game and the same old waste of time csm. People like Malcanis is just a miserable forum whore and a miserable in game player.Blink

All my views are my own - never be afraid to post with your main, unless you're going to post some dumb shit

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#70 - 2013-11-25 13:34:45 UTC
tiberiusric wrote:
its just players who want the csm tag, because it makes them important, they are still the same old player in game and the same old waste of time csm. People like Malcanis is just a miserable forum ***** and a miserable in game player.Blink

Malcanis was not only a goodposter, but widely regarded very nearly as the bestposter not only here but on other forums as well, and that's why he received a massive amount of votes

These days his posts make me cringe, he probably sold the toon to some sandyvag hiseccer or failsec bear

MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#71 - 2013-11-25 13:45:34 UTC  |  Edited by: MatrixSkye Mk2
The Mittani wrote:
Reality check: just because you're offended by something does not mean that you are entitled to anything on account of being offended~

You mean like how you were offended by being called a cyberbully after preparing a malicious and humiliating powerpoint presentation trashing a player and encouraging others to harass him in-game to get him to commit suicide?

But... but... but... I was drunk! The entire time... I swear!

Precious.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

CCP Dolan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#72 - 2013-11-25 13:46:39 UTC
Members of the CSM are held to the EULA, TOS, and forum rules just like any other player. Members of the CSM are encouraged to set an example for other players, but they are by no means required to do so. Additionally, while I like to to think that I could conceive of what an "exemplary poster" would look like, I am not willing to force such a conception on others outside of the basic forum rules.

CCP Dolan | Community Representative

Twitter: @CCPDolan

Gooby pls

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#73 - 2013-11-25 13:48:05 UTC
I Love Boobies wrote:
You're probably referring to Malcanis, eh? For your information, people who voted him in knew how he was before he was elected.

Totally unrelated to this thread and NOT in defense of the OP: Malcanis used to be different. He used to have a witty quote in his signature and his posts were a delice to read. Then one day that quote disappeared and a way more aggressive Malcanis 2.0 was born.
I miss version 1. X
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#74 - 2013-11-25 13:52:28 UTC
CCP Dolan wrote:
Additionally, while I like to to think that I could conceive of what an "exemplary poster" would look like, I am not willing to force such a conception on others outside of the basic forum rules.

I'll make it easier for you by posting here so people can see a perfect specimen of exemplary posting.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#75 - 2013-11-25 14:02:50 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
...the inappropriate drunken joke...

this is how "modern Eve Online amateur player" looks like. Cool

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2013-11-25 14:26:33 UTC  |  Edited by: SKINE DMZ
I agree with OP, if you are a representative of the community, think twice about what you're posting. I'd be ashamed as CCP with representatives like that walking around and all in all acting tough and the classic I know it better act.

"2. Be respectful toward others at all times."

"4. Personal attacks are prohibited."

"22. Post constructively. "

Edit:

Just saw that the posts have been deleted by ISD, I think moderating the CSM's post in question says enough.

I disagree

Mythrandier
Solace Corp
#77 - 2013-11-25 14:30:20 UTC
SKINE DMZ wrote:
I agree with OP, if you are a representative of the community, think twice about what you're posting. I'd be ashamed as CCP with representatives like that walking around and all in all acting tough and the classic I know it better act.

Wait, representative of the community or of CCP? One person cannot be both.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -  D. Adams.

Haedonism Bot
People for the Ethical Treatment of Rogue Drones
#78 - 2013-11-25 14:31:22 UTC
I haven't seen the offensive comments in question, but I always enjoy reading what Malcanis has to say. Whatever issue he had with the OP, I am sure he deserved it. Wake up, friends, EVE is a harsh and cold universe. Many of us play this game to indulge the darker side of our personalities in a safe environment, and that is ok. If you find yourself personally affected by what somebody says either in-game or in the forums, that is probably a good sign that you should turn off the computer and go ride a bicycle or something.

Also, regarding the Mittani fanfest incident. I heard about it on these forums and thought, "wow, that guy sounds like a real *******." Then one day I actually saw the video and thought, "Huh, is that what all the fuss is about?" The situation was obviously blown right out of proportion by self-righteous jackasses like the OP.

www.everevolutionaryfront.blogspot.com

Vote Sabriz Adoudel and Tora Bushido for CSMX. Keep the Evil in EVE!

Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#79 - 2013-11-25 14:36:53 UTC
Carebears Countdown 5-4-3-2-1 wrote:
(gripes a lot and makes demands)

@Op.

What exactly are you fighting for ? Dignity ? Revenge ? Self-respect ? Honour ?
In these forums ?
*cof*

Seriously, you're a drama-llama.
Just having some years behind your name in real life does not make you mature. Your post drips with jealousy, hatred and even dispondency.

If Malcanis did indeed run for CSM again, I would definitely vote for him - again. It takes balls to call a spade a spade and in this case, your case, your level of idiocy was exposed. You just magnified your wanton revenge for "justice" where none is due.

If you think your age has given you knowledge over people and events, then you lack the wisdom to use it properly.

Much ado about nothing.

Pandora Barzane
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#80 - 2013-11-25 14:40:17 UTC
CCP Dolan wrote:
Members of the CSM are held to the EULA, TOS, and forum rules just like any other player. Members of the CSM are encouraged to set an example for other players, but they are by no means required to do so. Additionally, while I like to to think that I could conceive of what an "exemplary poster" would look like, I am not willing to force such a conception on others outside of the basic forum rules.

sadly for certain csm members this forum is a "game" where they try to insult people within the forum rules. It becomes blatantly obvious they are here not to "set an example" but just to "take a dump on the newbies".