These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon - Issues

First post First post
Author
Tinman Oshika
Vaerdonux Productions
#501 - 2013-11-25 03:25:15 UTC
Lady Naween wrote:
Tinman Oshika wrote:
Lady Naween wrote:
cannot connect to server error each time i try and log in. claims eve is offline, but seems everyone on mumble is playing so eve is obviously not offline.

le sigh

I have been getting similar just since the last launcher upgrade. In particlular it says these things:

"OFFLINE MODE
You are seeing this because no connection could be made to the content server or something went wrong while loading the online content.

Restart Launcher

Tranquility server: Status unknown"

I have restarted launcher and then reinstalled the entire game from scratch. The launcher re-re-updated itself and still the same problem. Any thoughts or help would be nice. Never had any connection problems

what worked for me was the repair tool. i had to run it a few times

Had to search for the tool but it seems to have worked, thanks much!
Skud Williams
Heimbrent
#502 - 2013-11-25 11:23:28 UTC
Hey, just wanted to add some bugs/annoyances (prolly alrdy posted but..) :

Wormhole sound is extremely low. I have to "zoom to zero" of it to hear anything. WH fire is messed up, it makes massdown sound and animation for every jump. And when it has reached 1st mass, whenever a ship initiates warp to that hole (from any side), it does massdown sound and animation. I dunno if the lower sound is intentional tho, but if it is, it sucksSmile

Ship camera resets after stargate or wh jump. Instead of zooming back out after jump it stays at zero on the ship, making ears bleed with the currently extremely high ship noises, which I'm guessing is also a bug(?)

Also, can u guys please fix the shield hitpoint bug in wormholes? A tengu with supplemental screening inna pulsar is launched out of hangar with about 70% shields. Happens to Mastodon and some other ships as well.
marly cortez
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#503 - 2013-11-25 11:37:36 UTC  |  Edited by: marly cortez
11:34 hours ......Interesting one after today's update, logged in as normal on my accounts, all appeared normal until arriving at the character selection screens but after selecting the required character the screen repeatedly cycled back to the select character position, keeps doing this over and over but gets no further.?????

Additional to this when opening the client it reads that tranquility is 'OK', always assumed this meant it was good to log in, but after entering the password and pressing it enter it is taking an extraordinarily long time to move to the character selection screen during which the server status returns to 'Checking'.?????

11:40 hours.....Hmmm relogged, problem solved itself

Humanity is the thin veneer that remains after you remove the baffled chimp.

arria Auscent
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#504 - 2013-11-25 11:39:12 UTC
todays patch makes my ship face the wrong way when i dock
Val Mech
New April Moon
#505 - 2013-11-25 11:46:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Val Mech
If subscription extension is received through the buddy program, time of a subscription isn't displayed in the entrance screen.
arria Auscent
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#506 - 2013-11-25 12:16:47 UTC
Fixed an issue causing the camera to orient on the dark side of ships after docking.

nope you just caused everybody to have the bug, front of the ship should point to the left, now its pointing to the right
Hank Oulado
Signa Inferre Industry
#507 - 2013-11-25 12:28:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Hank Oulado
Hi ,

I made a few mission with a corpmate, but we never had the option "Warp Squad to location"

The fleet was only with 2 members, a squad commander and a squad member, but we cant warp squad to the mission location, the option is not present.
We can warp squad to planet, station, etc .. but not to the location.
Is it a restriction for SOE agent ?, a change for Rubicon or a bug ?

thx
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#508 - 2013-11-25 12:36:33 UTC
marly cortez wrote:
11:34 hours ......Interesting one after today's update, logged in as normal on my accounts, all appeared normal until arriving at the character selection screens but after selecting the required character the screen repeatedly cycled back to the select character position, keeps doing this over and over but gets no further.?????

Additional to this when opening the client it reads that tranquility is 'OK', always assumed this meant it was good to log in, but after entering the password and pressing it enter it is taking an extraordinarily long time to move to the character selection screen during which the server status returns to 'Checking'.?????

11:40 hours.....Hmmm relogged, problem solved itself

Yeah the first issue is how the client currently handles systems that haven't loaded yet. It's not ideal (before you would get a "You are trying to get to system Y but it has not yet loaded, please try again" message) and we will be making changes to improve this.

The second issue is related to the reason we took the server down earlier and should not repeat itself.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Demukazz Nardieu
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#509 - 2013-11-25 12:43:16 UTC
Can't even update: crashes at 25%
Viper Warsteiner
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#510 - 2013-11-25 12:47:24 UTC
Launcher is giving an exception error at 25%. Help!
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#511 - 2013-11-25 14:30:46 UTC
Dirk Gentry wrote:
This may have been brought up before, but there is no ship preview on my character selection screen.

That's most likely by design. If the client resolution is small, we have to make some compromises and don't display the ship if there is not enough space.

That being said, we had a bug where the ship was just missing but the character slot was still full size. That has been fixed and should have been deployed today if someone (read: me) hadn't forgotten to move the fix to the correct code Oops

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#512 - 2013-11-25 14:45:02 UTC
J Random wrote:
Rammix wrote:
J Random wrote:

Second there is a DISTINCT lag on the buttons (though not sure on the effects) between when I click and when the "activation graphic" is doing something, i.e. if I click any activation module it's nearly a full second before the activation graphic starts .. was near instantaneous before.

The lag is there for a very long time, maybe since the Beginning.
But User Interface is more slow since Odyssey, it's more laggy, buttons respond with more sensible delays etc.

Yep I will def agree but also say it's more slow all around with this release or at least on my sytem. Everything from cloak (which I agree is the main problem I have with it) to dscan to the hack mini-game (which dries me nuts as end up clicking things I don't want to click)
If you could file a bugreport on this, that would be good Smile

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Aronfly Kenobi
Eryon Riders
#513 - 2013-11-25 15:04:45 UTC
Skud Williams wrote:
Wormhole sound is extremely low. I have to "zoom to zero" of it to hear anything. WH fire is messed up, it makes massdown sound and animation for every jump. And when it has reached 1st mass, whenever a ship initiates warp to that hole (from any side), it does massdown sound and animation. I dunno if the lower sound is intentional tho, but if it is, it sucksSmile

I was looking if someone already mentioned it, cause it sucks not hearing any wh jump, so i found this from CCP WhiteNoiseTrash (Posted: 2013.11.25 08:20):

CCP WhiteNoiseTrash wrote:
The wormhole sound will be tweaked for sure.
It's first thing on my to do list when I am fully back and have the room to implement. and no worries, distance from the hole will be tweaked, you might not hear it all over the grid, but you should be able to hear it from pretty far away.

Let's hope he finds some time to do his first thing on the list :)
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance
#514 - 2013-11-25 15:11:28 UTC
Ydnari wrote:
Scan probe filters for Mobile Depots don't work; if you make a filter for Mobile Depots its shows all the POS structures too.
Thanks for the information, this is actually a larger issue with selecting any item at all in the structure category rather than just the deployables. Regardless though we are aware of it and should hopefully have a fix for it soon!

Maximus Aerelius wrote:
In addition to the above if you do jettison the MTU it shows a can in space that immediately pops and then if you try to jettison you have the "Moving a Loot Container into place..." timer that won't let you jettison for 2mins 40secs or whatever the timer is.
Thanks for the heads up, we've been working on a fix for this issue, the intended functionality for this is that the jettison option should be entirely removed for the deployables.

Rammix wrote:
1. Sometimes mobile depots get damage deep into armour before they get reinforced. Seems they can be instakilled with high alpha damage. Not sure whether it's a bug or feature.
I can't reproduce this issue, but it's certainly not a feature so if it is still persisting please submit a bug report (which can be created through the F12 menu in game) with as much detail about the circumstances in which you saw the issue as possible (Ship and weapons used, location etc) and I will look into it further.

Rammix wrote:

2. Mobile depots should have the same naming mechanics as secure containers have. Otherwise it's impossible to know which one is damaged until you launch them (and every launch activates them automatically).
This is actually working as intended, as the new component system that was built for the deployables doesn't support them having a name unless they are in space. However this isn't something we are against adding in the future, and I can totally see your reasons for wanting it. Ill run it past our programmers & designers and see what I can do!

Hank Oulado wrote:
Hi ,

I made a few mission with a corpmate, but we never had the option "Warp Squad to location"

The fleet was only with 2 members, a squad commander and a squad member, but we cant warp squad to the mission location, the option is not present.
We can warp squad to planet, station, etc .. but not to the location.
Is it a restriction for SOE agent ?, a change for Rubicon or a bug ?

thx
I've tried to reproduce this issue myself but unfortunately with no success.

If this issue is still persisting, could you provide a bug report (which can be created through the F12 menu in game) with details of which mission you were attempting to squad warp to, and in which system. Additionally if you could provide a screenshot of the issue that would be excellent.

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

Ione Kavanagh
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#515 - 2013-11-25 15:11:34 UTC
Hello,

I have a problem with the ingame frame rate. It keeps oscillating between 30 and 45 FPS instead of sticking at 60.
I have two 1920*1080 screens, a 570GTX, and I use dx11.

But I don't think it comes from the hardware because, when I switch from interval one to interval immediate, framerate goes up to 400FPS.

Do you have a solution to this?

Ps : Is it the correct place to post it?
CCP Antiquarian
C C P
C C P Alliance
#516 - 2013-11-25 15:22:47 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Antiquarian
Ione Kavanagh wrote:
...problem with the ingame frame rate. It keeps oscillating between 30 and 45 FPS instead of sticking at 60.
I have two 1920*1080 screens, a 570GTX, and I use dx11.

I don't have a guaranteed solution immediately, but try selecting DX9 from the launcher options before starting the client and see if your FPS goes back up to normal. DX11 is purposefully feature-identical to DX9 right now, so if that helps your framerate, you can keep it there until we iron out all of the kinks.

I'll escalate this to the appropriate people.

Ione Kavanagh wrote:
Ps : Is it the correct place to post it?

This is a fine place to post it.

"Singularity pilots are helpful pilots."

@CCP_Antiquarian - for immediate fulfillment of your archaic social media needs.

Ione Kavanagh
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#517 - 2013-11-25 15:58:40 UTC
I tried dx9, but it seems to stay the same.

Apart that in dx9, when I put interval immediate, I have 30FPS less than with dx11.
David Laurentson
Laurentson INC
#518 - 2013-11-25 17:17:35 UTC
Bug repp'd already, but probably worth mentioning: ISIS breaks the Safe Logoff function. If you start to logoff with ISIS open, you see no timer: exiting ISIS gives a 'log off aborted' message.
If you start the logoff time then enter and exit ISIS, you get the abort message, but the timer stays around...even after it hits 0.0.

I'm 99% sure this happened with the PI planet management screen back when safe logoff was first introduced.
Ketov Aktar
Grey Wolff
#519 - 2013-11-25 18:36:28 UTC
Simon Aaron wrote:
I am running Windows 7 64-bit SP1 with an Geforce 8800 GT graphics. Since loading the Thursday, 21 November, updates to EVE I am unable to run EVE.

When I check the DirectX settings in the launcher it says only "DirectX 9" is available, however previous versions of the launcher were defaulted to "DirectX 11".

The launcher loads correctly but when I hit "Play" a CMD window opens and I receive an error message saying there is a problem with driver "d3dx10_42.dll". I have removed this file and re-installed DirectX from both the Microsoft site and via the "DirectXRedist.exe" program provided with EVE. Neither resolves the problem.

I have uploaded the log file to http://pastebin.com/xr5gk4PT.

Thanks

Suggestion: Run DXDiag and make sure DX 11 drivers are being installed. Your Vid card may not support DX 11.x (current).
Also having issues with camera reset and crappy sound from guns. Although that issues seems to be solved.Big smile
Ketov Aktar
Grey Wolff
#520 - 2013-11-25 18:47:29 UTC
Shimizu Tokugawa wrote:
Shiva Darksun wrote:
Oraac Ensor wrote:
I'm getting random maximum close-up camera zoom after jumping or undocking.

Yeah, me too. However, this didn't work properly before either, so... I guess it's not a new bug, just an old one? :)

A super old one actually. And with every new patch it becomes even worse. Now camera also resets while pressing ALT and clicking left mouse button simultaneously. Very annoying.

Please fix it at last.

Remove the hotkey in the esc screen, Shortcuts. Sometimes it gets reset to default.Blink