These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

This game is WAY overrated

First post
Author
Berreta Hinken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-11-25 03:31:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Berreta Hinken
So I've been doing a lot of PVP in low sec (really easy to survive,overrated), trained in TII everything for frigates and explored pretty much all skills (there aren't really many things to do).

I have to say this is a snob game. It really isn't hard to learn at all, takes about the same as any MMO. The systems are just copy pastes of each other of nothing so they can claim it's the largest MMO in the world and the only reason you have any incentive to log on is (cleverly) to update you skill training queue. Everyone claims you have to be so smart to play this game. Why isn't it well known that you don't EVER have to pay RL money then, right from the start? Proof that people who play this game are actually stupid is the fact that the game still exists at all and that the company didn't go bankrupt from people easily just buying PLEX with in game isk.

You can easily make billions of ISK within a week of playing without even trying (In game PLEX or 30 day game subscription costs only 600 million). What depth? Training a bunch of skills for months so you can manufacture 20 ships at once and make a couple hundred million a week? Lame, you can make that in a hour doing nothing. Sit in Faction Warfare outpost for 15-30 mins, watch scanner, run out the timer and you can make hundreds of millions of isk an hour.

Yeah, it can be fun doing pvp in a fleet (only real fun part) but this game is WAY overhyped. So what if there's a 4000 man battle and people are ripping off other people and making billions of isk and doing "whatever they want cuz thats so badass" aka ship ramming ice miners. That doesn't affect YOUR gameplay or make the game better.

Look up reviews. Everyone says omg EVE is so amazing there's so much to do. Then they all list the same 4 things you can do in this game. PVP/PVE, mine/manufacture, explore, or be an *******.

Runescape is more in depth than this game. Come at me bro.

Oh and if you want to fix the whole ECM drone/general ECM system, you have to make it so the ships can manually fire without locking or it will be broken forever.
Suicidal Blonde
Alchemical Aquisitions
#2 - 2013-11-25 03:34:00 UTC
yeah...those plex just appear. honest
Garandras
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-11-25 03:37:38 UTC
Can i have your stuff?
Berreta Hinken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-11-25 03:44:15 UTC
Suicidal Blonde wrote:

Ok that's true I forgot someone has to buy them. But that still proves that you don't have to be smart to play this game. PLEX buying noobs are this games only support.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-11-25 03:46:48 UTC
Berreta Hinken wrote:

2010 just called and they want their meme back.
Axton Kashuken
We make things.... I think
We trade things... I think
#6 - 2013-11-25 03:50:44 UTC
Berreta Hinken wrote:
Suicidal Blonde wrote:

Ok that's true I forgot someone has to buy them. But that still proves that you don't have to be smart to play this game. PLEX buying noobs are this games only support.

Or maybe those "plex buying noobs" are people who dont feel like doing any isk making tasks except their regular jobs where they have high pay. I personally enjoy doing industry for profit, but for some who don't, that is their choice.
stoicfaux
#7 - 2013-11-25 03:50:44 UTC
Berreta Hinken wrote:

It really isn't hard to learn at all, takes about the same as any MMO. ... Everyone claims you have to be so smart to play this game. Why isn't it well known that you don't EVER have to pay RL money then, right from the start? Proof that people who play this game are actually stupid is the fact that the game still exists at all and that the company didn't go bankrupt from people easily just buying PLEX with in game isk.

You can easily make billions of ISK within a week of playing without even trying (In game PLEX or 30 day game subscription costs only 600 million). What depth? ... Lame, you can make that in a hour doing nothing. Sit in Faction Warfare outpost for 15-30 mins, watch scanner, run out the timer and you can make hundreds of millions of isk an hour.

Berreta Hinken wrote:
I have to say this is a snob game.

So you'll be staying then?

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#8 - 2013-11-25 03:51:15 UTC
Babby's first troll.
Adorable/10

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Berreta Hinken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-11-25 03:56:07 UTC
Caviar Liberta wrote:
Berreta Hinken wrote:

2010 just called and they want their meme back.

Wow that was clever. You must be one of those extremely smart guys involved in huge corporation insider takeovers I always hear about that have nothing to do with anything.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#10 - 2013-11-25 04:00:09 UTC
Chopper Rollins wrote:
Babby's first troll.
Adorable/10

not blankposting

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Berreta Hinken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-11-25 04:01:18 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Berreta Hinken wrote:

It really isn't hard to learn at all, takes about the same as any MMO. ... Everyone claims you have to be so smart to play this game. Why isn't it well known that you don't EVER have to pay RL money then, right from the start? Proof that people who play this game are actually stupid is the fact that the game still exists at all and that the company didn't go bankrupt from people easily just buying PLEX with in game isk.

You can easily make billions of ISK within a week of playing without even trying (In game PLEX or 30 day game subscription costs only 600 million). What depth? ... Lame, you can make that in a hour doing nothing. Sit in Faction Warfare outpost for 15-30 mins, watch scanner, run out the timer and you can make hundreds of millions of isk an hour.

Berreta Hinken wrote:

Gotta update that training queue. I hear this game is supposed to be fun in a couple years.

And you can't criticize me. This is EVE, being an ******* is encouraged. That's what makes this game so "great".
Rainbow Dash
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-11-25 04:08:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Rainbow Dash
Berreta Hinken wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
Berreta Hinken wrote:

Berreta Hinken wrote:

Gotta update that training queue. I hear this game is supposed to be fun in a couple years.

And you can't criticize me. This is EVE, being an ******* is encouraged. That's what makes this game so "great".

Usually trolls are more subtle than this though. Like, you couldn't actually function a keyboard if you were as smart as that op makes you look.

Hint: HAving a char with no PVP history and claiming you have a PVP history doesn't make sense. And that's literally the first line of your post.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#13 - 2013-11-25 04:14:59 UTC
Thread locked due to ranting. If you have feedback, please do it in a productive manner. Otherwise, threads will be closed. Thank you.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department