These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Christmas is coming soon!!! (2013 thread)

First post
Author
Santa Spirit
Christmas Spirit and Goodwill Toward Man
#1 - 2013-11-24 15:05:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Santa Spirit
Rookie ship brawl:
currently we have 9 people who have signed up

soft start time will be around 4:00 pm EST (21:00 EvE time)
mMy helpers will be in after that and we will get things into full swing...

Edit: 12-13-13, current total of cans is 2069, this is not counting ships that are fit, or that have not been placed into cans yet.
please note that there are items of all types and various values in there so if you get something you can't or won't use, please feel free to give it to someone else if you'd like.
we have many blueprints that have been donated, some are even BPOs
we have the promise of a couple of the SOE frig BPCs too.
we have many ships to give out ranging from tech 1 to tech 2, and faction.

because of the nature of some of these ships we might have a scramble contest for a few of them
"scramble" being the key as the pilot will eject from the ship and type scramble in local, and the first pilot into the ship gets it....

Edit: 12-11-2013: CCP adds the event to their news
http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/player-stocking-stuffer-giveaway/

In the post they say metropolis, however this year we will actually be in/near the Derlik region so our nullbear friends can come up a bit easier too.

Thanks to CCP Eterne for helping promote the event.

Edit: 11-28-2013: added 1 plex as rookieship brawl prize

Hello everyone,
It's time once again to start getting ready for Christmas...

I am happy to see that there are people working toward a goal of spreading some cheer this season as shown in the post located at: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=293660 and while I do not know the person, I applaud their effort if it is an honest one...

As stated in my original post last year which can be found at: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=183205
"From my Bio:
"Yes, I'm an alt of a character in EvE who remembers when the player "Holiday Spirit" took his/her time to make the EvE universe a little brighter for some folks.
My main was one of the folks who benefited from Holiday Spirit's kindness and he, his corp and some friends would like to continue the tradition of sharing with others during the Christmas season.
I will be somewhere in the Metropolis region as Christmas approaches and will be giving away small trinkets, "Christmas presents" (if you don't mind me calling them that) in an effort to spread some kindness and cheer to my fellow capsuleers."

and

"It was a great feeling for me to watch local in 2010 while the character "Holiday Spirit" gave out trinkets, ships and nick-nacs to the players who visited that system, the conga lines outside, the chatter in local and even the concord ball of death that permeated the system brought a smile to my face.

As a new-ish player to EvE at that time(how many years does it take to no longer be new-ish to the game?), I really enjoyed seeing the folks all getting together, some for the fun, some to grief and some hoping to get a free gift from that Holiday Spirit guy in the station, almost all of the wonderful complexities of the EvE universe were present in the system that evening, pirates, carebears, laughter and tears.

it was beautiful and heartwarming.

I have never forgotten that event or the knowledge of the one prior to that, yet alas, I have been unable to contact the "Holiday Spirit" character since then to make good on my offer to help him with his next event, so this year, I made this alt and I have put into motion(after talking with CCP about my idea) the following event of my own."

This year, I plan on doing it again and since some folks missed the event due to having it on Christmas EvE last year, I am going to do it on Saturday, December 14th this year in order to ensure that everyone can come if they want to.

EvENT Specifics:

Hint: the event was in "Metropolis" last year, it will not be there this year....
I will be logging in every so often to accept contracts for items (only in .5 space or higher) and to send contracts out to the alliance that is helping transport goods for me.
Don't just assume that because a locator agent finds me in one system that I will be holding the event there... :) save your iskies, I'll announce the location here in this thread the night before.
As was done last year, if you would like to donate to the event, you may send items, or isks to me and if you send items, I will have them picked up and transported to the event location, if you send isks, I will use those isks to cover the costs of cans to put the items in, or for buying things to add to the giveaways.
My intent is to retain nothing for myself from these events, or for my main, I'm simply wanting to continue the task of spreading the Christmas Spirit and the idea of Goodwill Toward Men.

To each and every one of you who donated last year, I am still amazed by how much you gave of yourselves, you will always have my unending gratitude, and to those who would donate this year, I thank you all in advance.

We found the rookie ships last year, so the battle will be on again this year and with any luck CCP will give us our own arena to use :P

*hint*cough*hint*Eterne*cough*no concord*cough*

The Last Pilot Standing will receive a special Gift from me.

Fly Safe
Santa
o/

Please pass this around to all of your friends and contacts and let's make this even bigger and better than last year.

PS. To sign up for the rookie ship battle;
The first 5 evemails I receive from a pilot of each race (IE. 5 Caldari Pilots, 5 Minnie, 5 Amarr, and 5 Gal pilots) after DT on the 14th will be the pilots chosen to compete in the battle, I will also have my helpers select 1 pilot of each race to be an alternate in the event a chosen pilot doesn't show.
Lol

Please come join the fun Dec 14th., 2017 Find the details [HERE] when the post is made

ctx2007
Nascent Omega
Pirate Lords of War
#2 - 2013-11-24 15:17:16 UTC
Bah HUMBUG!!!!!

You only realise you life has been a waste of time, when you wake up dead.

Fire Duck
Mad Mystics Of Maniacal Mayhem
#3 - 2013-11-24 15:23:56 UTC
This Event was incredible awsome to watch after I opened my gift- (A Domi BPC). Everyone seemed to have a blast and for once pple weren't shooting each other.

I'll find something cool to donate to the cause.

Thnx Santa \m/
Inquisitor Ageri
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-11-24 16:07:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Inquisitor Ageri
Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#5 - 2013-11-24 16:15:26 UTC
More than happy to donate again this year. Wasn't too sure about the other fella and was waiting for you to post.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#6 - 2013-11-24 16:24:17 UTC
I'm "okay" with a less than stellar Christmas from CCP this year... especially after getting those T2 BPO's last year... and the Vangel was a nice stocking stuffer.

No idea what all the "good kids" got... probably a lump of Carbon they paid too much for in a Contract.

Nor do I care... it's all about me. Blink

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Santa Spirit
#7 - 2013-11-24 16:34:25 UTC
Inquisitor Ageri wrote:

Bravo... I was trying to find the movie itself until i found out what it really was...

+10

Santa.

Please come join the fun Dec 14th., 2017 Find the details [HERE] when the post is made

Celly S
Neutin Local LLC
#8 - 2013-11-24 19:40:13 UTC
Good to see you still doing this.

My toons and I will be happy to help out again this year Santa.

Just let us know what you need.

o/
Celly Smunt

Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Santa Spirit
#9 - 2013-11-24 22:14:26 UTC
Celly S wrote:
Good to see you still doing this.

My toons and I will be happy to help out again this year Santa.

Just let us know what you need.

o/
Celly Smunt

Hi Celly!

the help will be greatly appreciated..
Thank you
Santa.

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#10 - 2013-11-24 22:38:54 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post.

The rules:
5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Santa Spirit
#11 - 2013-11-24 23:32:28 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
I have removed a rule breaking post.

Thank you.

o/
Santa

Ryhss
#12 - 2013-11-25 01:26:49 UTC
My heart just grew three sizes....

I just turned into an egg, did I level up? I spent an hour trying to salvage a wreck, when in local a guy said "Stop it, this is my Tempest, I was AFK"

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2013-11-25 03:05:21 UTC
Bad posting is worse than getting a lump of coal in your stocking.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Santa Spirit
#14 - 2013-11-25 04:31:42 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Bad posting is worse than getting a lump of coal in your stocking.

or a unit of carbon :)

o/
Santa

Santa Spirit
#15 - 2013-11-25 08:34:35 UTC
added rookie battle signup info

Dangirdas Bachir
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-11-25 08:50:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Dangirdas Bachir
Take my unborn babies. Your avatar is godlike, you have turned me homosexual.

EVE EVE STARGALACTIC CITY B I T C H

Santa Spirit
#17 - 2013-11-25 14:25:27 UTC
Dangirdas Bachir wrote:

well, that's a gift I never thought I'd give... Cool

o/
Santa

Celly S
Neutin Local LLC
#18 - 2013-11-25 14:37:38 UTC
Santa Spirit wrote:
Dangirdas Bachir wrote:

well, that's a gift I never thought I'd give... Cool

o/
Santa

LOL, you go boy!!!!

o/
Celly Smunt

Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Wyrmlimion
Doomheim
#19 - 2013-11-25 14:38:08 UTC
Santa Claus is coming to Eve...

SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO EVE...

Santa Claus is coming.....it eeeevvvveee....

Roll
Santa Spirit
#20 - 2013-11-25 14:45:41 UTC
LOL guys and gals...
let's not forget the true spirit of this...

even though some of the comments are humorous.

Thank you.
Santa

123Next pageLast page