These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Could CCP be about to repeat Incarna?

First post First post
Author
Trii Seo
Goonswarm Federation
#241 - 2013-11-22 17:04:29 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
How many 4 months old noobs you know who earn 2 PLEXes per month through PvE alone?

That's the terribad oh-we're-so-p*ss-poor-please-pity-us income level of nullsec sov space. Roll

Wait so how are newbies and income relevant to hordes of alts stuck in hisec for one reason or another (being useless while training, being your market alt, being your scamming alt, being a suicide ganking alt... the works.)

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#242 - 2013-11-22 18:03:35 UTC
Trii Seo wrote:
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Trii Seo wrote:

And yes, Vera Algaert is right - a lot of 0.0 people have alts in hisec. Since you can't take a hisec station, hisec station can't get hellcamped it's the perfect place to park a new alt at, jack a bunch of +4's in and watch the sp go up for whatever purpose.

If highsec stations cant get Hellcamped then what the **** was Burn Jita all about? An entire solar system with all stations was interdicted. I was there and you couldn't move in or out of any station without someone vaporising your arse. Luckily I wasn't affected I only went for a look.

Hellcamp implies you can't warp out and you die when you undock.

It means: station is bubbled to hell. There's gangs permanently on grid. In Jita a lot of people survived by the virtue of instas and not being a target. In a hellcamp everything dies unless it's a stabbed to hell cloaky nullified something (and a hic doesn't lock it up in time to infinipoint).

So no, you can't hellcamp a hisec or lowsec station. If it's just ships on the undock it's a camp, not a hellcamp, and those are easier to deal with.

I has learned something. Thanks for the post.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Little Dragon Khamez
#243 - 2013-11-22 18:08:36 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:
Comparing Burn Jita to a hellcamp means you have no idea what a hellcamp is.

Edit: or what Burn Jita was, for that matter.

Double edit: you should probably just stop posting altogether.

thanks for being a complete P R I C K

Edit : you should probably just stop posting altogether.

Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#244 - 2013-11-22 18:19:34 UTC
The have no idea how to address all those issue`s. Make promises and what do we get? unfinished game mechanic that's not word in eve. Now we get promises how better the game is. The are doing some nice things but the never NEVER finish anything the have started. We got 3 games in 1 game and 1 game is already dying aka dust. Now what are the going to do about it. The need to give dust to eve. Remove it from PS3 and let the game again be 1 game not 4 different games.

I know the plans was not to be like this. But hardcore players just don`t want a avatar game. This force CCP in there corners. If the want to release any of it the need to finish it before launching it.

Do the doing it again. Yah always the will be a "incarnia" expansion there latest is again a repeat of it FINISH WHAT YOU STARED not Half game expansion.

I feel bad for them trying to hard on some matter and doing to less on others. Just hope the can finish everything in the new expand lets hope the put real money in it to fixs and finish everything. Not some half broken mechanic that's suppose to be fun.

Lets see how this is going.
JamDunc
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#245 - 2013-11-23 22:06:20 UTC
Its going to be interesting to watch over the next year or two to see if 'the vision' is any more real than ring mining or tessalization.
Prince Kobol
#246 - 2013-11-23 22:21:02 UTC
JamDunc wrote:
Its going to be interesting to watch over the next year or two to see if 'the vision' is any more real than ring mining or tessalization.

Now now, they did a great job on their last vision

WIS
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#247 - 2013-11-24 09:06:33 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
JamDunc wrote:

Now now, they did a great job on their last vision

WIS

Don't worry... it's all on the cards...

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#248 - 2013-11-24 09:16:04 UTC
Johan Civire wrote:
...unfinished game mechanic

half broken mechanic that's suppose to be fun.

People keep calling the mechanics in EVE unfinished or broken. They're not. Just because they're not the way you want them to be, doesn't mean they're not finished or that they're broken. Ship rebalancing is not finished, but the mechanics themselves are fine. You want to see what unfinished and broken game mechanics look like?

Go check out X-Rebirth.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Prince Kobol
#249 - 2013-11-24 09:19:47 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Johan Civire wrote:

People keep calling the mechanics in EVE unfinished or broken. They're not. Just because they're not the way you want them to be, doesn't mean they're not finished or that they're broken. Ship rebalancing is not finished, but the mechanics themselves are fine. You want to see what unfinished and broken game mechanics look like?

Go check out X-Rebirth.

You do play Eve don't you?
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#250 - 2013-11-24 09:28:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Prince Kobol wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Johan Civire wrote:

Go check out X-Rebirth.

Yes. Last I checked, everything works great. It could be better, it could have other features, but it WORKS. Which means it's not BROKEN. It's not UNFINISHED. Calling EVE mechanics unfinished for not having specific functions that you want is like calling a car unfinished just because it doesn't have power windows. For one, EVE is never finished, because there's ALWAYS room for growth, so being unfinished is not a bad thing just by being unfinished in EVE's case. Second... nothing is broken. There aren't things in the game that are causing crashes and the like, there are just lots of whiny people who don't like how certain things function so they call them 'broken'.

There are plenty of things that I don't like either, like NPC corps. But they're not broken, they are working fine, and as intended.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#251 - 2013-11-24 09:49:56 UTC

- hisec is systematically disregarded by CCP as a viable game style
- hisec players are brutally soloers and completley disorganized
- hisec players don't voice their concerns -they quit
- hisec players only have a voice at the CSM, which by any measure severely disrepresents their weight in the game

And no, they don't ask more safety.

Okay, so what do they ask for? What are the issues and concerns with highsec specifically that CCP needs to dedicate development resources to?

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Little Dragon Khamez
#252 - 2013-11-24 10:17:31 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Johan Civire wrote:

Go check out X-Rebirth.

Yes. Last I checked, everything works great. It could be better, it could have other features, but it WORKS. Which means it's not BROKEN. It's not UNFINISHED. Calling EVE mechanics unfinished for not having specific functions that you want is like calling a car unfinished just because it doesn't have power windows. For one, EVE is never finished, because there's ALWAYS room for growth, so being unfinished is not a bad thing just by being unfinished in EVE's case. Second... nothing is broken. There aren't things in the game that are causing crashes and the like, there are just lots of whiny people who don't like how certain things function so they call them 'broken'.

There are plenty of things that I don't like either, like NPC corps. But they're not broken, they are working fine, and as intended.

Remiel is always cheerleading for ccp, keep it up boy, one day you might get that staff job you've been dreaming of.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#253 - 2013-11-24 10:45:32 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Johan Civire wrote:

Go check out X-Rebirth.

Remiel is always cheerleading for ccp, keep it up boy, one day you might get that staff job you've been dreaming of.

Just trying to point out how baseless these constant 'protests' are against them. There are a bunch of people on these forums who seem to just enjoy protest for protest's sake, and it's amusing for a while but eventually it gets to a point where it starts to get old and then people like yourself start wondering why CCP is ignoring you. Well, this is why, this whole thread is why. Repeat Incarna? Please, overreaction much? Some people just want to gripe, and protest, and complain, and they'll go looking for anything to gripe and protest and complain about. I can't even pin down what it is specifically in this thread that's being griped and protested about.

And then, there are people like you who, without any legitimate argument to the contrary of a rational position, reach for the 'fanboi' card as an alternative. Let me know when you've scrounged up an intellectual enough position for your opinion to actually matter, and give me something to address instead of just borderline childish nitpicks.

This whole thread is 'first world problems' in a nutshell.

Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#254 - 2013-11-24 11:04:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Aralyn Cormallen
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Johan Civire wrote:

Go check out X-Rebirth.

The developer who designed Dominion sov has said quite clearly and candidly that the Dominion release was part one, and has made hints to things that were supposed to be part of part 2 (treaties anyone?). Part 2 never came; in fact, exactly zero iteration has occured on sov since "Part 1" was released. That is the definition of unfinished.

And in case you think this is a one-off, feel free to hunt out the original concepts for planetary interaction, I can assure you a cut-down version of Sim City was not the original selling spiel. Unfinished. Or ask someone what Incarna was supposed to be; again, single avatars trapped in a room was not the original claims. Unfinished (not that I care about this one, they had their chance and blew it, but plenty of other people still care). Faction Warfare at least got its Part 2, but years late, and still not perfectly as advertised, but we can be generous and call this a change of vision rather than being unfinished.

Anyone who thinks we are going to get what we are being told about in this "vision" is blatantly ignoring the very clear track record.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#255 - 2013-11-24 15:46:38 UTC
Aralyn Cormallen wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Johan Civire wrote:

Go check out X-Rebirth.

The developer who designed Dominion sov has said quite clearly and candidly that the Dominion release was part one, and has made hints to things that were supposed to be part of part 2 (treaties anyone?). Part 2 never came; in fact, exactly zero iteration has occured on sov since "Part 1" was released. That is the definition of unfinished.

And in case you think this is a one-off, feel free to hunt out the original concepts for planetary interaction, I can assure you a cut-down version of Sim City was not the original selling spiel. Unfinished. Or ask someone what Incarna was supposed to be; again, single avatars trapped in a room was not the original claims. Unfinished (not that I care about this one, they had their chance and blew it, but plenty of other people still care). Faction Warfare at least got its Part 2, but years late, and still not perfectly as advertised, but we can be generous and call this a change of vision rather than being unfinished.

Anyone who thinks we are going to get what we are being told about in this "vision" is blatantly ignoring the very clear track record.

You're still leaving out the part where unfinished =/= a bad thing in a game that's constantly in development.

Sura Sadiva
Entropic Tactical Crew
#256 - 2013-11-24 16:51:43 UTC
Aralyn Cormallen wrote:

Faction Warfare at least got its Part 2, but years late, and still not perfectly as advertised, but we can be generous and call this a change of vision rather than being unfinished.

FW got iterations (a decent one) simply because a boost was needed to promote the integration related with DUST launch; and was something doable with low effort for them, mostly datasheets adjustments.

Dominion was a bad expansion, and for what I understand the post-crucible policy is to never again dedicate a whole expansion to a specific area or gamestyle but to go for trasversal devleoping lines to benefit different gamestyles. That's understandable since the more importan EVE expansions are so.

That would be good if they did...

NS, HS, LS, WH as separated entities in competition one each other is more our mindset as players, I don't think game designers shape their development in that way.

Anyway fighting among us is silly: nobody is going to see anything relevant (WiS, Sov iteration, decent PVE, new POS system, Industry overhaul... whatever) till the company focus and resources will be out of EVE.

Aralyn Cormallen wrote:

Yes, I agree.

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#257 - 2013-11-24 17:20:58 UTC
Sura Sadiva wrote:
Aralyn Cormallen wrote:

Faction Warfare at least got its Part 2, but years late, and still not perfectly as advertised, but we can be generous and call this a change of vision rather than being unfinished.

FW got iterations (a decent one) simply because a boost was needed to promote the integration related with DUST launch; and was something doable with low effort for them, mostly datasheets adjustments.

Dominion was a bad expansion, and for what I understand the post-crucible policy is to never again dedicate a whole expansion to a specific area or gamestyle but to go for trasversal devleoping lines to benefit different gamestyles. That's understandable since the more importan EVE expansions are so.

I fail to see the transversality of the Hallelujah Plan so the Goons largest uberalliance(s) can owe their own chunk of unknown space as they block everyone else from going there.

We may hope that that's the main course and there will be something else to the rest of the game, but Ripard Teg didn't give much hope in that sense -it's space colonization or nothing.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Ralitge boyter
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#258 - 2013-11-24 19:57:39 UTC
In general the vision seems to be no more then give pilots more power and reduce the might of the empires to eventually lead to a situation where pilots could potentially build stargates....

That's pretty much what has been happening for the past 10 years now. In beta the empires where king and most pilots worked for them in some way or another. Once the masses joined players formed corporations to mine, claim space (well before towers and the like) and fight each other. Then came the starbases and the towers, moon goo and later Titans, carriers and dreads then we got PI and all the while players became less and less reliant on the Empires.
Guess what that trend will continue, with refitting T3's in wormholes with jump bridges and all these other solutions to let players shape the sand in the box.

I think that CCP is basically saying in their view it would be good to give players even more freedom to make their own game. I don't see why this would not happen, the vision is just that a vision and idea of what could be. I am quite sure that CCP has no team setup to build the code to allow us to construct stargates just yet. I think that the vision is mostly a guideline to move in a direction with new features and improved functions. Not unlike the UI team showing of a new UI and indicating that this is where they would like to go. The amount of fuss the last major change to the UI caused I am sure that CCP will be careful this time around...

I think that openness is a good thing and I think that the CSM is a good step in the right direction. CCP is not not telling the CSM about thier plans they basically have provided them with the same information as the rest of us. The general idea for the next expansion I am sure they will spend a lot of time discussing with the CSM and others what makes sense what can be done and which little things to include this time.
Because CCP is working in sprints they do not have a very clear delivery deadline for their new stuff, it will be released when it is ready. This is why so many changes have been made in the background over the past years to allow frequent releases that hardly impact players and that can with every point release deliver stuff from fixes to new content, which is really a big improvement to the way it was before.

All in all over the past 10 years we have seen a company that has a great game a unique offering which you either love or ignore there is not much else. They have worked hard to keep the player base happy with their game and they have failed at some point. The people in charge have changed overtime and with that we have seen different ways of approaching the community and the way of communicating. Some of them worked very well, others not so well... CCP Seagull has an interesting vision in my opinion. The way it is communicated is to state the long term plan 5 years in advance, and to make sure everyone knows this is not set in stone but more an idea along the lines of wouldn't it be cool if we could do that in the future. That is much more than CCP ever communicated before.

I just like you hope the Incarna disaster will not happen again, but to be honest I do not see that happening at the moment I actually see a lot more information than I am used to from CCP when it comes to the long term future of their game.
Santa Spirit
Christmas Spirit and Goodwill Toward Man
#259 - 2013-11-25 04:44:11 UTC
Broker Agent wrote:
Agreed, I think CCP are screwing up big time at the moment.

Edit: Also, didn't you hear? Dust is actually dying. No, I mean it. Really.

http://eve-offline.net/?server=dust

I know a kid and his Dad who play both EVE and Dust together, both are playing EVE more recently than they play Dust because Dust is so buggered up right now that it's almost utter **** compared to what it was in chromosome.

Knee jerk over-nerfs, then rebuffs, then the COD fanboi flavor of the day fits and the pubstomps are (according to them) making the game "no fun" to play any longer.
one guy logs 4 toons in a day just to get the 6000 SP from doing so on each in the hopes that eventually, the amount of sp the toon gets will offset the ruined nature of the game compared to what it was

o/
Santa

Please come join the fun Dec 14th., 2017 Find the details [HERE] when the post is made

Sura Sadiva
Entropic Tactical Crew
#260 - 2013-11-25 11:04:32 UTC
I fail to see the transversality of the Hallelujah Plan so the Goons largest uberalliance(s) can owe their own chunk of unknown space as they block everyone else from going there.

We may hope that that's the main course and there will be something else to the rest of the game, but Ripard Teg didn't give much hope in that sense -it's space colonization or nothing.

Alleluja plan is only chit-chatting. Actually CCP is not even able to plan on a 6 months timeline. Doesn't exist; saying "we have a generic and vague idea about space colonization for the next 5 YEARS" it's like to say "we have no clue what to do".

I don't know where you see the will to give advantage to large alliances gameplay and deprive the rest (70-80%) of EVE.
If we have to judge by the few already developed looks like going just in the opposite direction. Nothing in the Rubicon cater to large players entities; and this trend oriented more to solo/small groups seems a cosntant orientation in the last years; and is good.

Then we can like or dislike the secific features, or say they're usless, wrong, not enough. But this is a different argument.