These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Came back to the game when I saw the expansion, now leaving again thanks to pvp.

Author
Lucretia DeWinter
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2013-11-23 23:57:29 UTC
Umm... Interceptor?

Nullified (immune to bubbles)
Difficult to lock fast (tiny signature)
Warps super quick (new Rubicon changes to warp speeds)

Cheap way of getting to places
Serptimis
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2013-11-24 00:23:28 UTC
Tul Breetai wrote:
"I'm like, not an expert or anything, and I like, have no idea what I'm talking, just in case I'm wrong."

Not a good sign you should make a GD thread.

Sounds like your typical GD poster to me.
Zaknussem
Everybody Loves Donuts
#23 - 2013-11-24 00:32:39 UTC
I agree with much that has been said here. You cannot avoid PVP, but you CAN avoid gate camps, mostly because there are several ways to spot them beforehand. The in-game map has many useful features.

Using the Dotlan maps, learn to spot "choke points" between Hi-Sec and Lo-Sec/Null-Sec. These are almost always camped. A good example is the Rancer system.

Failing that, there IS another way to travel. It's more random, chaotic and unreliable, but at least it's possible to use it to get anywhere you want. Wormhole space. Read up on that, understand how it works, and you have a sure-fire way past any gatecamp in New Eden.
Moneta Curran
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-11-24 00:45:21 UTC

You are doing it wrong.
Your own complete failure to grasp and deal with core game mechanics is the main issue here.
To claim that low sec is inaccessible is just plain ridiculous.
Goodbye.

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#25 - 2013-11-24 00:47:16 UTC
Flakus wrote:

I'm a explore, I like to see things in games, go to the edges of the world enjoying all the small hidden places. This also goes for EVE, so when I saw the new expansion had two new explore minded ships I was sold. I reactivated my account, log into the game, sold what ever I could, to afford the new Stratios, popped it up with modules and left the station.

Ah, the age-old "all my eggs in one basket" problem. Yeah.

Quote:
Some people talked in the chat about the new ships being targets for gang pvp, since they gave some kind of extra pvp reward ?. Maybe I should have payed more attention there, since right away I when through a 0,5 to 0,4 I was welcomed by a group of pirates waiting. I managed to flee a couple of times, but through out the weekend, I was met with small gangs tracking my movement and after a gate jump they managed to get the kill. And right there I once again stopped playing.

Maybe you should PVE where people aren't trying to kill you.

Quote:

I'm I missing something here?, is there a way to enjoy this game PvE style, with exploration, finding places with probes, hacking lost locations, finding great treasures and such, or is it just cold facts, EVE is a mostly PvP game?

Yes, you are missing something very big. You don't have to be a PVPer to play Eve, and you don't have to be a PVPer to enjoy content outside of hisec. If you're not going to be the hunter, then you will be the quarry. But the quarry has plenty of tools and techniques to avoid being caught. Even if you don't want to go out and kill people, you do need to understand how PVP works, how the game works, and how to do what you in the way thats most fulfilling to you. Ultimately, if you died, its very likely that you made a mistake that allowed you to be caught, and you shouldn't consider it any different than if you died to NPCs. If you want to do your own thing and not be bothered, there are places in this game and activities that completely allow you to do that. Exploration is often such an activity. But its not the game preventing other people from bothering you, they always can if they want to. This means you have to change your behavior to find the places that are safe to do what you want to do.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Cavalira
Habemus
#26 - 2013-11-24 00:49:29 UTC
Young man theres no need to feel down...
Sura Sadiva
Entropic Tactical Crew
#27 - 2013-11-24 00:54:19 UTC
Flakus wrote:
omething here?, is there a way to enjoy this game PvE style, with exploration, finding places with probes, hacking lost locations, finding great treasures and such, or is it just cold facts, EVE is a mostly PvP game?

Problem is: pure PVE in EVE doesn't exists, it's always an hybrid. As well as deosnt exists "pure" PVP in the sense of team challenge arenas and so on. It's all an hybrid.

Even for someone not intersted in PVP and wanting only a PVE experience the challenge doesn't come (or only econdary come) from stronger/more dangerous NPCs; comes from the risk to unwilled interactions with other players.

If you like to explore you may want to fit a covop frigate (are cheap and very hard to catch) and go nomad for days or weeks, may use WH tunnels to avoid more crowded gates and pop up in deeper null sec areas.

It's a perfectly viable and fun gameplay.

However accepting the idea tha losses can happen and your game session is not granted to go as you expect is a needed step. And if you run in a gatecamp or ganked while doing a site, instead of think to them as assholes ruining the game just consider as part of the "E" (envinroment) in your PVE :)

They're creating gamecontent as well as you.

hellcane
Never Back Down
#28 - 2013-11-24 00:56:59 UTC
Wow is thataway

I hear they have the pvp flags you are looking for
Kyusoath Orillian
#29 - 2013-11-24 01:01:39 UTC
All the things i don't like about eve, the blobbing ,ecm, gatecamping,dishonor, wardecs,suicide ganking etc
i know i don't like them when they happen to me, but when they happen in my favor i suddenly think they are ok.

i would change a lot of things about eve, but not that core pvp, it works because anyone can do it.

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2013-11-24 01:08:56 UTC
This just in.

*Breaking news*

Eve Online is a Multiplayer game. More revelations forth coming.
Solops Crendraven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2013-11-24 01:11:43 UTC
I understand your grief Im A PvEer as well just lost a bling bling talos sniping Serpentis ion blaster cannon sentries L3 mission In High Sec by a lone mastery 5 slasher tackled and neutered! looting my loot from my new mobile tractor unit however it was my tactical mistake to snipe him I couldve warped away instead. so his gain you learn you move on and dont take it personal just buy another ship next ! Sorry to see you goSad( note little risk=little reward big risk =big I$KBig smile)

Moving To Las Vegas Watch Me Play Poker! enter link description here

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-11-24 01:11:46 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Flakus wrote:
The last couple of times I have quit this game, I have been ganged coming through a gate, and if it's not true same happen all over again

And it's going to keep happening for as long as you keep playing badly.

What do they call people that keep doing the same thing over and over and getting the same unwelcome results?

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-11-24 01:13:35 UTC
Flakus wrote:
this game not for me.

Bye then.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Sir Spottington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#34 - 2013-11-24 01:22:22 UTC
Progeny Soames wrote:
Paradoxically, the best way to learn how to avoid PvP, is to engage in PvP. Learn the tactics and counter accordingly.

Fly smart, don't be a target.

Be careful, though. I've known many a mild pilot who professed not to like PvP, only to end up becoming absolute monsters!

^this

i know someone who only did pve and industry for years and years, never liked pvp, even hated the idea of it, too nice to a guy and didnt want to make people loose stuff....... now i cant beat the bastard in a 1v1 to save my life..... its rather annoying really lol
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#35 - 2013-11-24 01:56:12 UTC
Biomass.

Seriously. I mean it. Never sully this game again by logging in.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-11-24 02:01:58 UTC
"came back in 2003"

came back ?

in 2003 ?
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#37 - 2013-11-24 02:03:12 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
"came back in 2003"

came back ?

in 2003 ?

Presumably he missed a comma in there. I know, it made stare blankly for a couple minutes too.

"when EVE came, back in 2003" is what I assume he meant.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-11-24 02:04:49 UTC
Quote:
It's a open world, but should it not in some way be possible for PvE people to explore the world without getting ganged time after time?
It is possible, but it's also your responsibility.

You can't have a true open world without the risks involved in an open world.
It's called "open world" and not "open as much as i want it to be open"-world.

That's it already.

Nothing to argue about.

The End.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#39 - 2013-11-24 02:07:37 UTC
Some people think I'm being really mean when I point out to a poster that he's not suited to this game. But COME ON, a post by a guy saying "shouldn't I be able to PVE in peace everywhere in a pvp oriented game?". Am I wrong to say that this person is not compatible with EVE oline and would be happier somewhere else?

Flakus wrote:

I'm a explore

No you aren't. True Explorers treat people's attmpts to stop or kill us as an essential part of exploration. We pride ourselves on being able to defeat those who would PVP us without our consent while gathering space riches.

Quote:
] And right there I once again stopped playing.

If someone besting you in a game can make you walk away from that game, you should nto have been playing at all. Do you quit playing checkers when someone else gets his peice King'd?

Quote:

I'm I missing something here?, is there a way to enjoy this game PvE style, with exploration, finding places with probes, hacking lost locations, finding great treasures and such, or is it just cold facts, EVE is a mostly PvP game?

Are you missing something? Are you serious?

And why play video games at all if you can't stand the idea of losing?
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#40 - 2013-11-24 02:15:57 UTC
Flakus wrote:

I'm a explore, I like to see things in games, go to the edges of the world enjoying all the small hidden places. This also goes for EVE, so when I saw the new expansion had two new explore minded ships I was sold. I reactivated my account, log into the game, sold what ever I could, to afford the new Stratios, popped it up with modules and left the station.

Look at the bolded words.

Now think about THE explorers, that is those (often English) 18th and 19th century lords and scholars who went to discover uncharted territories in the savage Africa or South America.

Think about Columbus.

Think about the Vikings who possibly pre-dated America's discovery.

What did they have in common?

The almost pathologic affinity at risking their life at every expedition, where you could die so many times, so often, so hard that getting back in one piece was as epic as discovering a new Pyramid!

So, are you and Explorer of old, or are you a sofa & chips guy watching a BBC documentary? Your pick.