These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Personal Depot - Collidable Object + Decloaker at gates?

Author
Tsunamicom
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-09-28 18:57:59 UTC
Vicker Lahn'se wrote:
What if you're not allowed to deploy a depot on grid with a gate?

That's what I'm asking for. :) Agreed.
Tsunamicom
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-11-21 19:09:40 UTC
Quote:

May not be deployed within 6km of another Mobile Depot, within 50km of Stargates or Stations, or within 40km of a Starbase.
Automatically decays if abandoned for thirty days.

Thank you for listening CCP! (^_^)
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#23 - 2013-11-21 19:36:16 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:

I use corpses. Folks rarely have corpses on overview, and they don't seem to cause much graphics load.

Confirming that a liberal sprinkling of corpses on a gate tends to make bad days for cloakies. That's why I always scoop corpses and spew them on gate. THey also don't disappear after 2 hours like cans... and theyre not on overviews or show up as brackets like drones....

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#24 - 2013-11-21 19:47:03 UTC
Donbe Scurred wrote:
I should have elaborated, as Ms Fappington said, there has to be enough objects to cause lag for it to be an exploit.

My understanding of the way it works is someone reports you, then a GM logs in and goes to the system, if they determine there is enough objects to cause lag then it is considered an exploit.

So one object would not be considered an exploit, multiple objects may be considered an exploit and the exact number is at the discretion of the GM that happens to log in.

That's not how it works. You put up the decloak trap then petition it yourself to get a GM ruling to use against all the other GMs that come along after people send them tear petitions. A domi abandoning cheap drones around the gate is the best way I've found since it's fast and easy. A couple hundred is well within the rules and doesn't cause lag.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#25 - 2013-11-21 20:43:14 UTC
Minmatar Citizen160812 wrote:
Donbe Scurred wrote:
I should have elaborated, as Ms Fappington said, there has to be enough objects to cause lag for it to be an exploit.

My understanding of the way it works is someone reports you, then a GM logs in and goes to the system, if they determine there is enough objects to cause lag then it is considered an exploit.

So one object would not be considered an exploit, multiple objects may be considered an exploit and the exact number is at the discretion of the GM that happens to log in.

That's not how it works. You put up the decloak trap then petition it yourself to get a GM ruling to use against all the other GMs that come along after people send them tear petitions. A domi abandoning cheap drones around the gate is the best way I've found since it's fast and easy. A couple hundred is well within the rules and doesn't cause lag.

Unless they have gotten extremely liberal lately, no. Usually they will allow several objects (abandoned drones, jet cans, etc.) per ship present, but a couple of hundred from one ship has always been (at least in the past) way over the top.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#26 - 2013-11-21 21:51:14 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Minmatar Citizen160812 wrote:
Donbe Scurred wrote:

Unless they have gotten extremely liberal lately, no. Usually they will allow several objects (abandoned drones, jet cans, etc.) per ship present, but a couple of hundred from one ship has always been (at least in the past) way over the top.

It's actually been a long time since I've done it but yeah it was well over 100. It sounds like a lot but it really isn't. There were other people there but I doubt that had anything to do with the actual number of things around. We had no lag so it was ok.

Now a few thousand?...yeah they'll probably get grumpy about that much. Hell, just keep making the cloud until TiDi starts to kick in then remove some. Lol
Sadayiel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-11-21 22:19:17 UTC
Dammit!!

I knew stick this post would come handy in future endeavours.

CCP Explanation about Decloaking by debris

Enjoy.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2013-11-21 22:32:03 UTC
We haven't had a thread like this one in a while ...
destiny2
Decaying Rocky Odious Non Evil Stupid Inane Nobody
Rogue Drone Recovery Syndicate
#29 - 2013-11-21 23:30:50 UTC
most of the corpses i have are from the CFC Shocked
Prokofy Neva
Asterholes
#30 - 2013-11-21 23:44:34 UTC
Depots are small. Smaller than my ceptor... Go buy some from me in Dix!
Bear
Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#31 - 2013-11-22 18:20:16 UTC
Interesting. Seems this is a bit of a grey area. I'm guessing 50 anchored cargo containers wouldn't cause lag, so i might have to setup my drag bubble of death again. Cool

I took it down after i thought this was considered an exploit.

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

thowlimer
Roprocor Ltd
#32 - 2013-11-22 18:29:18 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
It also depends entirely on how big these things are. If they are expected to be deployable by a battleship, then I highly doubt they will be able to easily cover a gate area any better than a can or corpses.

There are a lot of things in EVE that don't make sense, such as 425mm Railguns that require 1500m3 of materials to manufacture but only take up 50m3 themselves.

Thats not very strange, granted its a lot of waste producing the gun, the real magic though is that you can later
on turn those 50 m3 of gun back into 1500 m3 of materials
Cyrus Alabel
Azure Wrath
#33 - 2013-11-22 19:03:33 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:

I use corpses. Folks rarely have corpses on overview, and they don't seem to cause much graphics load.

But then what happens when some bomber comes along and blows up your precious corpse collection? Then what?!
Previous page12