These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Freezing/ Crashing since rubicon

First post
Author
Lieutenant Biscuits
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-11-20 16:58:04 UTC
happens every few minutes, lost a 400m pod because of stupid crashes! X

Eve Freezes, then after a few seconds the screen goes blank for about 10 seconds then its back at the desktop with eve minimized. if i try and bring the client back up it goes blank and then eve closes... gone. sometimes even my whole PC just switches off and then restarts.

Everything else runs fine, BF4 ran fine for 4 hours untill i got bored. just eve having issues so i know its not anything to do with my PC kind of thing.
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2013-11-20 17:09:08 UTC
Lieutenant Biscuits wrote:
happens every few minutes, lost a 400m pod because of stupid crashes! X

Eve Freezes, then after a few seconds the screen goes blank for about 10 seconds then its back at the desktop with eve minimized. if i try and bring the client back up it goes blank and then eve closes... gone. sometimes even my whole PC just switches off and then restarts.

Everything else runs fine, BF4 ran fine for 4 hours untill i got bored. just eve having issues so i know its not anything to do with my PC kind of thing.

Have you tried changing the setting in the launcher to run under DX9? We are sorting out issues with the DX11 engine - until then, the DX9 engine may work better for you.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Lieutenant Biscuits
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2013-11-20 17:15:26 UTC
Ok, it was set to DX 11 so il see how DX9 goes. Thanks for quick reply :)

Hopefully no more losses while eve decides to reboot my computer while im in space :(
Kazha Cavin-Guang
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-11-20 18:22:20 UTC
Hi, I'm getting the same kind of issues. I log, undock, get to a site and tart targeting, pew pew and all that jazz, then everything stops, kind of like lag. The first two times this happened I managed to warp out when it came back, but not sure about this latest try as I got the CCP exefile has stopped working message as my screen went black.
Cheers!

Peace be upon you, Kazha Cavin-Guang.

Lieutenant Biscuits
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-11-22 11:37:23 UTC
since running DX9 i have had no crashes/freezes fot the last few days so as said its deffinately an issue with DX11
Mr Doctor
Star Nation
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2013-11-22 15:47:45 UTC
DX11 crashes everytime I open the character editor, DX9 has no issues and DX11 has no in game issues. Just... y'know.... so you know.
Hulasikali Walla
Brave Nubs
#7 - 2013-11-22 16:56:13 UTC
Hulasikali Walla wrote:
I've got issue when launching more than 2 accounts ( used to launch up to 4 accounts at the time before rubicon )

The game as "micro-freeze" up to 1 long second long, more than once a minute.
Alt tab is vvvvveeeeerrrryyyyy long.
My second screen goes black ( not off, just black )

Nvidia driver up to date, might be a problem with direct x 11 ?

Works fine with DirectX 9
Iosue
Black Sky Hipsters
#8 - 2013-11-22 22:10:06 UTC
just wanted to add that i'm experiencing the same problem. pretty sure its tied to the video driver/Direct X since i get a notification telling me my video settings have changed. get both freezing, which i can only reboot from, and occasionally minimizing with windowed clients going white, then black (unlike freezing, i can close out clients and restart to get back the video.)

gonna try changing to DX 9 to see if i continue to get errors.
Kranyoldlady
Women's cave
#9 - 2013-12-09 11:04:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Kranyoldlady
so yea, i changed to dx9, takes a little longer but then it starts again, freezes, if i move my mouse screeen goes whiteish and then i have to reboot the client.
i cannot run 2 clients anymore to this, hell im happy if i can run longer then 15 mins at the time without a crash
Kosaa Kil
Inerrant
#10 - 2013-12-15 18:33:53 UTC
My client undergoes a similar error as mentioned above. However I find that my client only crashes when I'm in incursion fleets. (Crashed 5 times in the space of 20-30mins) when I'm flying around high-sec or by the Amarr undock it can run for hours without crashing.

I've tried changing to dx9 and clearing the cache and reducing all graphical setting to low (ticking don't load station environment) but when i try to fly in an incursion i will crash in under 3-4mins of flying. Happened once or twice during the week but today 5 disconnects in under 30minutes was the worst I've experienced.
Kosaa Kil
Inerrant
#11 - 2013-12-17 12:18:09 UTC
update: I have an AMD Radeon HD 6800 gfx card and I will 100% get a crash in an incursion within 5minutes while flying my scimitar.

This may sound very specific but there is another character who also flies a scimitar and has my exact graphics card who experiences the same crash only in incursions.
Borsalino Olivaw
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2014-02-14 06:30:15 UTC
I have the same problem on my mac. Is there any solution for me? :( Thank you.
Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#13 - 2014-02-14 18:10:32 UTC
Got a similar issue. Client freezes randomly, then crash.
Tom Congress
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2014-02-14 18:18:19 UTC
I was experiencing this regularly a couple months ago and it stopped until a day or two ago when it mysteriously started again. Mouse cursor moves but video does not update and controls do not respond. Cannot alt-tab out of game. Music continues to play but no further environment sounds. Mac client