These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[eb] - eveboard.com

Author
Towaoc
Applied Technologies Inc
Agents of Fortune
#261 - 2013-11-02 12:51:56 UTC
Greetings fellow eveboarders, and thanks as always to Chribba for providing this outstanding service to the community!!

Chribba, my page seems to be in order, but for some reason my ranks have not been calculating for the last several days. Please have a look when you get a chance, let me know if I need to give my API a kick in the pants or anything...

Mashie Saldana
Jamgu Initiatives
#262 - 2013-11-02 18:18:58 UTC
Towaoc wrote:
Greetings fellow eveboarders, and thanks as always to Chribba for providing this outstanding service to the community!!

Chribba, my page seems to be in order, but for some reason my ranks have not been calculating for the last several days. Please have a look when you get a chance, let me know if I need to give my API a kick in the pants or anything...


Maybe your new rank is - Lol
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#263 - 2013-11-04 22:38:18 UTC
Sorry for the delay, this seems like a general error, I'm going to try look into this as soon as I am home (in a few days) and hopefully get it restored to it's original ways.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#264 - 2013-11-08 07:48:42 UTC
Ranks should now be back - however I had to reset everyone so you might be moving around a bit. Not sure what happened but seems about 8,000 pilots lost their ranks, my guess is that this was due to a locked table at the time of a rank generation.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Towaoc
Applied Technologies Inc
Agents of Fortune
#265 - 2013-11-08 13:58:09 UTC
Thanks, C.

It currently looks like ties are sorting out differently. (If I remember correctly, the 2ndary sort was on overall rank.) I don't know if the data exists, but it'd be cool if ties were ranked by chronological order of achievement... i.e. the first guy to max out Navigation would be ranked number 1 in Navigation, etc.

-T-
Amateratsu
The Pegasus Project
#266 - 2013-11-08 20:35:46 UTC
Towaoc wrote:
Thanks, C.

It currently looks like ties are sorting out differently. (If I remember correctly, the 2ndary sort was on overall rank.) I don't know if the data exists, but it'd be cool if ties were ranked by chronological order of achievement... i.e. the first guy to max out Navigation would be ranked number 1 in Navigation, etc.

-T-


Currently ties are sorted by global rank, If you sort them by order of achievement, you will limit how far players can climb the ranks.

Take Subsystems for example where there are currently 923 players who have completed that category, which means anyone completing the category now will get a rank of 924 which will add 26.4 points to their global score limiting how high they can climb the global ranks.

the result will be 1000,s of veteran players sitting stagnant at the top of the ranks and unable to progress any further.

at that point EB will be nothing more than a list of members with 0 movement or progression.
Kalstir
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#267 - 2013-11-08 21:54:29 UTC
Chribba is the man!
Towaoc
Applied Technologies Inc
Agents of Fortune
#268 - 2013-11-09 05:06:25 UTC
Amateratsu wrote:

Currently ties are sorted by global rank, If you sort them by order of achievement, you will limit how far players can climb the ranks.

Take Subsystems for example where there are currently 923 players who have completed that category, which means anyone completing the category now will get a rank of 924 which will add 26.4 points to their global score limiting how high they can climb the global ranks.

Point well taken, but I think the difference in rank between methodologies would be minimal. Subsystem player #923, for example, with an overall rank of 32,000 is four-plus years and 100 million skillpoints away from cutting his rank in that skill category in half to #461, a position currently held by a 150 mm skillpoint player with a rank of 3,200.

Amateratsu wrote:

The result will be 1000's of veteran players sitting stagnant at the top of the ranks and unable to progress any further.

At that point EB will be nothing more than a list of members with 0 movement or progression.

We kinda have this already, which is probably the bigger problem. Most skill categories are heavily populated with characters that have maxed out the category. Perhaps we need more, advanced skills with heavier prerequisites and longer training times and/or a sixth level to spread out the pack and give people room to grow.

I'm all for as much competition as possible, but unfortunately the skill system inherently favors older characters and there's no easy way around that. Some good discussion on that recently. I like the idea of having separate boards for several age classes: 0 to 1 year, 1 to 3 year, 3 to 6 year, 6 or more year, or something to that effect.
Rain6637
NulzSec
#269 - 2013-11-09 23:14:15 UTC
o/ Chribba

I'm trying to get a skill sheet to show 'currently training'

what's odd is I have two characters with identical masks + settings, but only one of them displays 'currently training' properly. the other one won't show it and doesn't seem to update total SP. (separate accounts)

any tips?
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#270 - 2013-11-09 23:37:00 UTC
@rank discussion it's tricky to find a good way of sorting indeed when ppl are maxed out so we might need to try and find another type of sorting. also I do not keep track of "who reached something first" as that one is a bit hard to keep track of exactly when people could get there before someone else but the 2nd person happen to get updated before the first.

Rain6637 wrote:
o/ Chribba

I'm trying to get a skill sheet to show 'currently training'

what's odd is I have two characters with identical masks + settings, but only one of them displays 'currently training' properly. the other one won't show it and doesn't seem to update total SP. (separate accounts)

any tips?

Should be sorted now, if it is not get back to me with the character name.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Rain6637
NulzSec
#271 - 2013-11-10 02:35:50 UTC
Thank you very much, Chribba. Eveboard is my EVEMon-away-from-home. o7 o7
Integra Arkanheld
Andorra Paradis Fiscal
#272 - 2013-11-21 01:35:10 UTC
Hello,

about having a different sorting, what about having the possibility to see our ranking compared with players of +/- 1 year of creation? It is interesting to see how we are compared to all the other players, but it would be more meaningful if we could compare ourselves with players of the same time period.
So, I propose to put another tab that aside of ranks you could have ranks of similar players in this new screen. This would be interesting to old players and new players alike.
Amateratsu
The Pegasus Project
#273 - 2013-11-21 10:36:26 UTC

Certificate catagory's are now All showing no data, any thoughts / plans on an update?
Mashie Saldana
Jamgu Initiatives
#274 - 2013-11-21 12:25:03 UTC
Integra Arkanheld wrote:
Hello,

about having a different sorting, what about having the possibility to see our ranking compared with players of +/- 1 year of creation? It is interesting to see how we are compared to all the other players, but it would be more meaningful if we could compare ourselves with players of the same time period.
So, I propose to put another tab that aside of ranks you could have ranks of similar players in this new screen. This would be interesting to old players and new players alike.

Yes doing a rank for each year has been suggested quite a few times. I hope it will happen, I wonder how I will do in class of 2006? Probably ranked at the bottom behind all the Achuras.
Claire Voyant
#275 - 2013-11-21 13:03:09 UTC
Amateratsu wrote:

Certificate catagory's are now All showing no data, any thoughts / plans on an update?

I think CCP said they were taking down the old certificate API and did not have a new one to replace it yet.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#276 - 2013-11-23 11:29:54 UTC
Claire Voyant wrote:
Amateratsu wrote:

Certificate catagory's are now All showing no data, any thoughts / plans on an update?

I think CCP said they were taking down the old certificate API and did not have a new one to replace it yet.

Yeah CCP has removed it, and as far as I've seen there's no Mastery thing displayed in the API yet (I haven't gotten around to remove the empty categories yet).

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Rain6637
NulzSec
#277 - 2013-12-06 20:02:53 UTC
Chribba, any chance the racial battlecruiser and destroyer skills will be added to the filters for searching characters for sale?
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#278 - 2013-12-06 20:30:41 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
Chribba, any chance the racial battlecruiser and destroyer skills will be added to the filters for searching characters for sale?

Totally forgot about them, adding to the todo, thank you!

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Rain6637
NulzSec
#279 - 2013-12-06 21:18:34 UTC
the characters for sale feature is a time saver and life saver, btw. and the alternative of searching character bazaar page-by-page is just... EvilEvil
Mashie Saldana
Jamgu Initiatives
#280 - 2014-01-16 17:25:46 UTC
Hey Chribba, did you trip over the server powercord?