These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon - Issues

First post First post
Author
Palomahna Rana Avuli
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#301 - 2013-11-20 18:26:35 UTC
hal 5000 wrote:
CCP Atropos wrote:
hal 5000 wrote:
I am also stuck in a "play" and "launching" loop in the launcher. Says it is launching and then goes back to play with no full screen attempt. I believe this to be the same issue Palomahna Rana and Tatodo Ronuken are having.

Windows 7 64 - reinstalled everything - never had an eve problem launching before.

Any help would be appreciated of course.

Could you post the EVE Launcher logs to http://pastebin.com/ for me? You can find them inside the launcher\cache folder in your EVE installation.

Certainly. It is here:
http://pastebin.com/ZQfKpsSe

here is the url for my post:
http://pastebin.com/B7XBneR4
Florian Kuehne
Tech3 Company
#302 - 2013-11-20 18:30:07 UTC
I get not a single response from ccp in the forums since months and now after the addon nothing again and the customer support is not existent.

Dont know how long ill wait to chancel the abo after so many years.
Elladar Sylvari
State War Academy
Caldari State
#303 - 2013-11-20 18:31:29 UTC
Can we please just stop relying on the launcher for everything. Lets face it. ITS JUNK. throw it out the window and work on something else. I would love to never see it again, it provides no content i want, or need. I bypass it as much as i can. I understand you worked hard on it, but it just isn't working. move on. The new character screen is great, but how about instead of fiddling with the launcher, make it so i can switch characters without logging out.
Bush Trimmer
Resource Kings
#304 - 2013-11-20 18:38:37 UTC
Florian Kuehne wrote:
I get not a single response from ccp in the forums since months and now after the addon nothing again and the customer support is not existent.

Dont know how long ill wait to chancel the abo after so many years.

My next subscription is in a week, if this isnt fixed in a few days I wont be subscribing, i pay to play not pay to type on forums

Amely Miles
Second Exile
#305 - 2013-11-20 18:53:18 UTC
Captains Log

the time is 19:49 my time and 18:49 eve time

After Sustaining a Critical Hit from CCP's "you shall not Pass" Death Ray i have finally rebuilt all tho i have found a few spare parts ...weird how i always find spare parts after building something but anyways i digress .... i will comence to ISK making immedietly

end captains log

As I slipped my finger slowly inside her hole, I could immediately feel it getting wetter and wetter.

I took my finger back out and within seconds she was going down on me.

"I really need a new boat," I thought to myself.

FuriousPig
IronPig
Sev3rance
#306 - 2013-11-20 18:59:57 UTC
Tatoolo Ronuken
Palomahna Rana Avuli
hal 5000
poddy Itinen

PLAY > LAUNCHING > PLAY 'Looping'

You all appear to be reporting exactly the same problem I listed on page 12 complete with the solution.

Use the launcher settings/DirectX Tab & change from DX11 to DX9

Eve should launch then.

Palomahna Rana Avuli
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#307 - 2013-11-20 19:14:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Palomahna Rana Avuli
FuriousPig wrote:
Tatoolo Ronuken
Palomahna Rana Avuli
hal 5000
poddy Itinen

You all appear to be reporting exactly the same problem I listed on page 12 complete with the solution.

Eve should launch then.

I dont find any launcher settings file or text in the EVE or Launcher folders, be happy to try the fix if I could find anywhere that gives me the choice to change the DirectX version or an option on properties for the launcher
hal 5000
Acme Technologies Incorporated
#308 - 2013-11-20 19:26:34 UTC
FuriousPig wrote:
Tatoolo Ronuken
Palomahna Rana Avuli
hal 5000
poddy Itinen

Eve should launch then.

I also cannot find Launcher options, other than the option icon on the upper right of the launcher which does nothing for me.

Is there a way to change the launcher options without opening the launcher itself?

thanks for the help.
Jen Takhesis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#309 - 2013-11-20 19:33:38 UTC
Lord Nyaxx wrote:
"succesfully Deploy"??????????????????????????????????????????????????

After being bitten by the boot.ini bug in the Trinity expansion, I consider any EvE expansion deployment which only messes up EvE a successful deployment.
FuriousPig
IronPig
Sev3rance
#310 - 2013-11-20 19:33:53 UTC
Palomahna Rana Avuli wrote:
FuriousPig wrote:
Tatoolo Ronuken
Palomahna Rana Avuli
hal 5000
poddy Itinen

Eve should launch then.

I dont find any launcher settings file or text in the EVE or Launcher folders, be happy to try the fix if I could find anywhere that gives me the choice to change the DirectX version or an option on properties for the launcher

The settings are in the top right of the launcher window. It looks like a small cog or gear under the close window icon.
Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#311 - 2013-11-20 19:34:39 UTC
bubble launchers:

the new launchers hold 3 bubbles.

but if you dont remove your old ones they are still loaded with 10.. meaning.. quite the advantage.. until you used them of course
FuriousPig
IronPig
Sev3rance
#312 - 2013-11-20 19:38:31 UTC
Druson Zod wrote:
Axhind wrote:
Is there a way to tell the client to run in directx9 mode if not using the worthless launcher?

Yes:

ExeFile.exe /noconsole /triPlatform=dx9

This is the command line you need to run Eve in DX9 without using the launcher
Palomahna Rana Avuli
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#313 - 2013-11-20 19:44:02 UTC
FuriousPig wrote:
Druson Zod wrote:
Axhind wrote:
Is there a way to tell the client to run in directx9 mode if not using the worthless launcher?

Yes:

ExeFile.exe /noconsole /triPlatform=dx9

This is the command line you need to run Eve in DX9 without using the launcher

Okay, found the tab and set from 11 to 9.. launched and the movie came on.. watched it then it loaded my game and I am in.. quite weird to down grade my activeX.. been using 11 all this time
ADMR Hikari
Doomheim
#314 - 2013-11-20 19:51:33 UTC
I wish I had some positive feedback to give but on release day when I ran the launcher and it patched in about 10 mins I then got a blue screen and had to reinstall windows, who knows if it was the launcher that caused it or the HDD. I want to say the HDD is going out but that was pretty peculiar for it to happen in that order as I had been playing on SiSi for 4 hours prior to the patch so I can't imagine my computer hardware being the issue.

Either way I now have a fresh copy of the game but unfortunately I'm getting that offline launcher issue and have seen the posts about the possible fixes like deleting the .patch files and it works momentarily but the launcher then hangs on client validation then if I close the launcher it goes back to offline mode. I've tried to do the launcher.old renaming bit but that also doesn't work since I just got the new installer and it didn't contain the old launcher and the only thing I did find was the 655130 launcher folder which appears to be the F'ed one.

I'll keep trying, but it kind of sucks since I've not been able to logon to change my skill set and I know it's either done or close to being done. Too bad a GM or Dev couldn't help out there with setting a 20+ day skill even though I know that's not possible haha.
FuriousPig
IronPig
Sev3rance
#315 - 2013-11-20 19:58:55 UTC
Palomahna Rana Avuli wrote:

Okay, found the tab and set from 11 to 9.. launched and the movie came on.. watched it then it loaded my game and I am in.. quite weird to down grade my activeX.. been using 11 all this time

I am led to believe, at this moment in time, there is no difference in graphics between DX9 & DX11. So you aren't missing out on anything just yet.
Zorth Athall
Memphis Technical Industries
#316 - 2013-11-20 20:07:14 UTC
Rats are attacking mobile tracking units if deployed in COSMOS space.
Rekkr Nordgard
Steelforge Heavy Industries
#317 - 2013-11-20 20:34:50 UTC
CCP Sledgehammer wrote:
Hey folks,

For all of you experiencing missing icons for ships/BPs/drones and everything else, we are currently researching root causes and will keep you updated.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by the issue.

Is there a fix for this yet?
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#318 - 2013-11-20 20:39:03 UTC  |  Edited by: KIller Wabbit
CCP Falcon wrote:

• You can deploy the siphon unit in 0.4 and above space, even though there is nothing to steal.

• Actually I was looking for a way for pilots to test their overview settings without borking blue POS production. Leave it alone.
    KIller Wabbit
    MEME Thoughts
    #319 - 2013-11-20 20:49:12 UTC
    My launcher workaround that has fixed it for at least some people:

Workaround
    Indigo Desir
    Exsequor Imperium
    #320 - 2013-11-20 21:01:41 UTC
    Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a rather weird issue after the Rubicon update. I access the launcher, I log-in and every time EVE starts minimized. I can actually enter the game only if I use Alt+Tab and then spam the left mouse button in certain areas which might trigger an action in-game and let me continue there, otherwise it goes back in the taskbar.

I have to mention none of my other applications or games behave like this, so it must be something after installing the new expansion.

I am using DX11, and I've already tried with the DX9 setting. I've also tried clearing the cache or searching for a program which might interfere, no luck though.

My brief specs:
    CPU: i7 3770k
    GPU: ATI Radeon 7950
    RAM: 8GB

Thanks in advance!