These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon - Issues

First post First post
Author
Tatoolo Ronuken
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#221 - 2013-11-20 03:19:34 UTC
So I seemed to patch just fine.. however when i open the launcher and log in and click PLAY it says 'Launching...' but nothing happens the button goes back to PLAY... any suggestions anyone?
Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#222 - 2013-11-20 03:21:43 UTC
inventing and building the new model command ships.

you still invent off the old blueprints (ie drake for nighthawk) but when you have the nighthawk bpc you need a drake to build it.

shouldnt it be a drake bpc used in the invention process as well?
Axhind
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#223 - 2013-11-20 03:29:21 UTC
Is there a way to tell the client to run in directx9 mode if not using the worthless launcher?
zar dada
Future Corps
Sleeper Social Club
#224 - 2013-11-20 03:33:50 UTC
Great expansion, but I can't get rid of this sound. It happens after I jump through a gate in kspace and won't stop unless I disable audio, or zoom out. The sound followed me 10 jumps back to my wormhole.

https://soundcloud.com/zar-dada/eve-rubicon-annoying-sound

I also opened a support ticket.
Xiamar
Encapsulated.
#225 - 2013-11-20 03:38:19 UTC
I'm coming across what seem to be high sec exploration sites in Essence low sec, I've found three serp 1/10 sites which I had not come across before in LS, I've also come across a Serpentis Live Cargo Distribution Base a DED 2/10 which the Eve Wiki indicates is a HS only type of site.

Please can you investigate as I don't believe these sites should be spawning in low sec.

Thank you.
Druson Zod
#226 - 2013-11-20 03:38:44 UTC
Axhind wrote:
Is there a way to tell the client to run in directx9 mode if not using the worthless launcher?

Yes:

ExeFile.exe /noconsole /triPlatform=dx9

I accidentally my ship, is that bad?

Axhind
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#227 - 2013-11-20 03:52:35 UTC
Druson Zod wrote:
Axhind wrote:

Yes:

ExeFile.exe /noconsole /triPlatform=dx9

Thank you very much. works much better and ESC menu actually reacts in the way that doesn't have you spam ESC :)
Apollo56
United Caldari Navy
United Caldari Space Command.
#228 - 2013-11-20 04:23:59 UTC
Ive been crashing every 25 min or so its saying socket closed. been been playing eve three years never had that problem i have a good computer an very fast internet, please look into this
Samanops
Galictic Health Signatures Coalition
#229 - 2013-11-20 04:37:16 UTC
Theodarum: are you sure you did not link an older update on purpose yo to slow all the competition down? :-p Dude this link has so many old updates to go through, its taking so long! Not sure if you deserve the like but it is working, I don't know its going: maybe eventually I can get back online!
xWolves
Cloaks and Nightmares
Aspartame.
#230 - 2013-11-20 05:13:02 UTC
Hey, so i found an issue with "Alt-Tabing".
seems post ruby it was quick and seemless to alt-tab, yet now it seems to take a 5-7 second "black screen" effect,
a few others in my corp have found this to be an issue for them aswell.

also, between your toon loading screen and being in game, you can get caught in some sort of frame glitch where the words from any point on your screen is slashed accross the screen,
from there you must close the game by "control-alt-delete"ing your way out and re-installing the eve client all together.

anyways hope this helps.

-Wolves Big smile
Palomahna Rana Avuli
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#231 - 2013-11-20 05:25:22 UTC
I have tried the fixes that were suggested in this forum, but nothing has worked.. my Launcher downloaded the client and it is saying client ready since about 1300 UTC nov 18, BUT I cant get the launcher to actually get me in game.. and I am new and dont have an old launcher to go back to.. so the most common fix isnt possible since my last version just caused the update to load a second time.. again saying it was good. I have uninstalled the client and reinstalled on a cleanslate and all I got was finding that it wasnt an updated version, it then downloaded the rubicon and launcher again failed to let me get in game. None of the fixes I found worked to get me in. HELP! I had one open issue and the system wont even take my ticket about being unable to get into the game after the patch. Sign me Frustrated... and offline
Tatoolo Ronuken
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#232 - 2013-11-20 05:30:15 UTC
Palomahna Rana Avuli wrote:
I have tried the fixes that were suggested in this forum, but nothing has worked.. my Launcher downloaded the client and it is saying client ready since about 1300 UTC nov 18, BUT I cant get the launcher to actually get me in game.. and I am new and dont have an old launcher to go back to.. so the most common fix isnt possible since my last version just caused the update to load a second time.. again saying it was good. I have uninstalled the client and reinstalled on a cleanslate and all I got was finding that it wasnt an updated version, it then downloaded the rubicon and launcher again failed to let me get in game. None of the fixes I found worked to get me in. HELP! I had one open issue and the system wont even take my ticket about being unable to get into the game after the patch. Sign me Frustrated... and offline

I am in the exact same boat.. Need help!
Jericho Guardian
Astrotech Syndicate
#233 - 2013-11-20 05:45:09 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

• Untranslated text in ISIS for Russian — translations are missing for FactionDescriptions, ElementDescriptions, and GroupDescriptions; TypeBonusNames are in EN for all clients.
  • Unable to loot the Siphon module if you are not the owner
  • Mobile Depot’s shield recharge time is at 35 minutes instead of 24 hours.
  • ‘Wetu’ Mobile Depot’s sensor strength is 200 points instead of 250 points.
  • Mobile Depots do not activate if they have brackets disabled throughout the deployable’s anchoring period. (Workaround – leave grid and come back)
  • Show Info is unavailable for ships that are not displayed in ISIS
  • Sometimes when jumping through a gate, the jump tunnel does not disappear. (Workaround - Right click in space and jump through the next gate or relog).
  • You can deploy the siphon unit in 0.4 and above space, even though there is nothing to steal.
  • Moracha and Chremoas lack show info tabs.
  • Scan probes are currently warping at 1/3rd their expect speeds. This will be rectified in tomorrow's patch.
  • Alliance access only POCOs (disallowed standings access) do not allow transfer of items to alliance corporations that is not the executor. This will be fixed in tomorrow's patch.
  • Players who try to login with the old client from starting the launcher a few minutes too early may get a black screen. Kill the client and restart the launcher.
  • Some players have corrupt/incorrect ship and module icons. Fix - Clear your cache and update your display drivers.
  • Ship textures appear to be blurred/low resolution. This is due to the new LOD Quality feature. Fix - Set your LOD Quality to high in the Esc menu.
  • Unable to save notes for other characters.

If you are experiencing launcher issues, please follow these steps to fix it:
1. Go to your EVE folder, enter "launcher" directory.
2. Once there, you'll find "launcher.exe" and "launcher.old.exe"
3. Remove launcher.exe
4. rename launcher.old.exe to launcher.exe
5.Then go to "appdata" directory.
6. Remove "EVE_Online_Launcher-2.1.643940.win32"
7. keep the "EVE_Online_Launcher-2.1.613956.win32" one

Unsuccessful fix for me.
Jericho Guardian
Astrotech Syndicate
#234 - 2013-11-20 05:46:10 UTC
Theodarum wrote:
hello,

found some bug.

1. Started the launcher as usual.
2. Launcher updates
3. Launcher got broken due to some failure. Report: check your launcher log etc It was written there that some data can not be retrieved.

Workaround

1. Go to your EVE directory on your computer.
2. Click through to "launcher" --> "cache"
3. run "updater.exe"
4. This will take some time as an old version of a launcher will be installed.
5. Run your launcher via your usual shortcut (on your desktop).
6. Launcher will now update to current version.
7. After update, the launcher will close.
8. Reopen the launcher and the patch for Rubicon will be downloaded and installed.

I hope I could help you if you run into the same issue.

EDIT If you do not have the "updater.exe" please go to this site and download it, continue with step 4 of the workaround to fix this issue.http://cdn1.eveonline.com/EveOnlineLauncher/launcherInstaller/EVEOnlineLauncher_1_32_tq.exe

Unsuccessful fix for me.
Palomahna Rana Avuli
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#235 - 2013-11-20 05:50:36 UTC
Jericho Guardian wrote:
Theodarum wrote:
hello,

found some bug.

1. Started the launcher as usual.
2. Launcher updates
3. Launcher got broken due to some failure. Report: check your launcher log etc It was written there that some data can not be retrieved.

Workaround

1. Go to your EVE directory on your computer.
2. Click through to "launcher" --> "cache"
3. run "updater.exe"
4. This will take some time as an old version of a launcher will be installed.
5. Run your launcher via your usual shortcut (on your desktop).
6. Launcher will now update to current version.
7. After update, the launcher will close.
8. Reopen the launcher and the patch for Rubicon will be downloaded and installed.

I hope I could help you if you run into the same issue.

EDIT If you do not have the "updater.exe" please go to this site and download it, continue with step 4 of the workaround to fix this issue.http://cdn1.eveonline.com/EveOnlineLauncher/launcherInstaller/EVEOnlineLauncher_1_32_tq.exe

Unsuccessful fix for me.

this didnt work for me either, neither did the go into the files and delete the new launcher and rename the older launcher ( full info a few pages back in the forum) or the repair (says it is good) or a reinstall from scratch because then you still have to update to rubicon when you try to login.. catch 22 situation
Shade Alidiana
PROSPERO Corporation
#236 - 2013-11-20 05:52:55 UTC
My display driver crashes from time to time. Previously after it is restored I could continue playing and it is only a minor inconvenience, now I have to restart client to get graphics back. (fixed window mode, 3840*1080)
Jericho Guardian
Astrotech Syndicate
#237 - 2013-11-20 06:04:35 UTC
Intarabis wrote:
thank you
will look into that
but i just figured out i was able to launch the game when i play with only one monitor. having a second monitor linked somehow cripples the launcher. addding a second monitor after launch doenst seem to make it crash however, its related to the launching with more than one monitor active. could be just my problem.

gonna try some stuff to get the second monitor also in play, if it wont work i will definitely send a report.

Interesting. Was hoping this might fix my issue, but as with all fixes today, I am unsuccessful.
Llurren
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#238 - 2013-11-20 06:24:21 UTC
After the Rubicon update, my launcher was stuck in offline mode. The problem appears to be that Smart Firewall for Norton 360 Premiere Edition v21.1.0.18 started blocking the launcher. To fix this:

1.) Open up Norton 360 and click Settings, then Firewall
2.) Click the Program Rules tab
3.) Scroll down until you find "launcher" installed in your Eve folder and select Allow.

"I grok people. I am people… so now I can say it in people talk. I've found out why people laugh. They laugh because it hurts so much… because it's the only thing that'll make it stop hurting."

Istyn
Freight Club
#239 - 2013-11-20 06:41:29 UTC
Why exactly do the SOE ships come under 'Pirate Faction'?

Quote:
The Sisters of EVE are mainly known for their humanitarian aid efforts to those suffering because of war, famine or even just being lost in space.

Are they really flying a jolly roger while doing this?
Rekkr Nordgard
Steelforge Heavy Industries
#240 - 2013-11-20 07:23:15 UTC
Is there seriously no fix for this?

Rubicon Icons