These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Offline mode

First post
Author
Kyle Sev
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-11-19 23:17:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Kyle Sev
Hello i have installed the new Rubicon patch and since installing it i keep getting send to the offline mode when trying to lauch. I have tryed to look for these extra launcher folder/files and so far i only have 1. I have reinstalled it 4 times now and when i try to run the repair tool i get a error (tryed posting it but apparently it has html code which the forum dosent allow)

I should probably note that i am using the steam version of eve and it was working fine before Rubicon (was on it last night) Sent a ticket to ccp but thought id type it up here aswell to see if anyone has a solution to this problem.

EVE_Online_Launcher-2.1.655130.win32 also this is my current eve version according to the folder in my steam folders.

http://pastebin.com/K7gzVLK8 my log files
James Syagrius
Reclamation
#2 - 2013-11-19 23:44:21 UTC
Kyle Sev
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-11-20 00:07:00 UTC
James Syagrius wrote:
I am having the same issue.

Good to see im not the only one with this issue ^_^ more chance of it getting solved.
Kyle Sev
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-11-20 00:35:09 UTC
Also to verify it did update (i think) it then sent me to the offline mode screen and now does so the second i try to launch eve
Aliyah WinMin
Lords Of The Abyss
#5 - 2013-11-20 04:00:56 UTC
I think the problem is on ccp's end, My laptop cannot patch and I get the offline message
KittyGrinder
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-11-20 05:10:52 UTC  |  Edited by: KittyGrinder
Same issue. Running a repair, but it'll probably not fix the problem. I wanted to see the SOE Ships Cry

Edit: Yup didnt work. I downloaded the patch earlier, and now its just telling me offline mode.
Madjesty
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#7 - 2013-11-20 07:17:12 UTC
Same problem here.. Pirate i tried tracing the ccp servers and it works just fine..
i'm situated in germany, the launcher version shows to be v.2.1.613956
Aliyah WinMin
Lords Of The Abyss
#8 - 2013-11-20 08:03:36 UTC
I have the launcher 2.1.613956 and the old 2.1.571330 and they both come up as offline mode
Madjesty
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#9 - 2013-11-20 08:05:31 UTC
I did a clean install of eve again. now it's working Smile.. must have been something botched with the patching yesterday
Kyle Sev
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2013-11-20 11:08:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Kyle Sev
did that gonna wait till DT`s over to try the update. with luck might be working again
Nope. It updated (rather quickly so not sure if it actually did install everything) and im now looking at the increasingly familur offline mode screen UghUgh
Aliyah WinMin
Lords Of The Abyss
#11 - 2013-11-20 12:41:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Aliyah WinMin
my laptop will not even patch up, just deleted all the patch files from the directory on my PC and ran repair again, not it is working fine on my PC
Kyle Sev
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-11-20 16:12:56 UTC
dont know how youve all fixed it everything i try dosent work so far Cry
Aliyah WinMin
Lords Of The Abyss
#13 - 2013-11-20 23:06:01 UTC
since downtime I did repair again and it fixed it for me
Ridvanson
#14 - 2013-11-21 08:32:57 UTC
I'm having the same problem. Patching to rubicon worked. But when starting the launcher the day after it was in offline mode. Tried repair tool, deleting cache etc etc., nothing seemed to work.

Then I deleted the EVE folder and reinstalled the whole thing yesterday. Worked like a charm, but when starting the launcher today it is offline mode again. wut? -.-
buzzin0k
State War Academy
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-11-21 11:13:54 UTC  |  Edited by: buzzin0k
for those who didnt know, you can run the eve exe from the bin folder in the eve installed location ,to run the game ,
i have the same issue with the launcher and offline mode, running repair now..

edit: repair worked for me
Kyle Sev
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-11-21 12:21:20 UTC
my issue was resolved when i removed my anti-virus so id suggest seeing if thats the issue.
zansarbar
Taskforce 141
#17 - 2013-11-21 16:20:34 UTC
any more progress on this issue?

Eve worked fine before this patch with this laptop now post patch it gets this off line issue, disabling antivirus inst option on this laptop, i finallky got repair tool to work and update / pathc launcher is updated, but still get offline mode........
Kyle Sev
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2013-11-22 23:51:30 UTC
zansarbar wrote:
any more progress on this issue?

Eve worked fine before this patch with this laptop now post patch it gets this off line issue, disabling antivirus inst option on this laptop, i finallky got repair tool to work and update / pathc launcher is updated, but still get offline mode........

I had to uninstall eve. Uninstall the anti- virus and then reinstall eve and is working fine now.
GM Karidor
Game Masters
C C P Alliance
#19 - 2013-11-27 13:40:10 UTC
I'm aware that this reply is very late for some and apologize for that delay, but we have been trying to find the reasons for this to happen to some people as well.

If your launcher is not connecting and starting in offline mode, despite your connection being active and working fine, there is a few things that you can check:

1. Are you starting the launcher from the correct location? Check your shortcut you use to start EVE, it should point to either "[eve path]\launcher\launcher.exe" or "[eve path]\eve.exe" as target and "[eve path]" as working directory (with [eve path] being the client installation folder accordingly, i.e. "C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE").
Pinning the launcher to the task bar after launching it has also been known to cause this behavior as well as other issues.

2. make sure that the launcher can access its info file, this can usually be seen in the launchers log file (which you can find under [eve path]\launcher\cache), as if the launcher can't get that file it will assume the connection being dead or otherwise unavailable, thus "Offline".

To take the file Kyle Sev linked as an example, look for a line similar to the following:

2013-11-20 11:20:49,313 - root - info - INFO - Getting info file from https://client.eveonline.com/patches/win_launcherinfoTQ_inc.txt

This usually is followed by the request itself, and if the launcher remains offline, most likely by an error message of sorts. In Kyles case, he got:

ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='client.eveonline.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /patches/win_launcherinfoTQ_inc.txt (Caused by class 'socket.error': [Errno 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions)

Which indicates the launcher access to the file being blocked for some reason, in this particular case most likely the firewall software not liking the change of the launchers executable file after its update and blocking it accordingly.

Another reason that we came across that caused the launcher to remain offline was an SSL certificate error while trying to load the same file, looking like this in the launcher log file:
SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:499: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

This particular error has happened with the ESET security software active, which seemingly did not let our SSL certificate through (we are looking into possible reasons for that behavior now as well), and our SSL certificate had to be added to ESETs exception list after making ESET ask what to do with new certificates.

Hopefully this will help those that are still running into this issue, but of course let us know in a ticket (preferably one with the launcher log file created at the time of failure) if your launcher is still unable to connect or running into other issues.

GM Karidor | Senior Game Master