These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Beyond Rubicon] What Mobile Structures would you like to see?

First post First post
Author
Lifelongnoob
State War Academy
Caldari State
#821 - 2013-11-19 22:21:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Lifelongnoob
booby trapped mobile hangar

like the mobile hangar introduced today but rigged with huge explosives when someone tries to steal from it

causes area of effect damage upto 50km from the booby trapped hangar
Lethin
Gold Star Red Swords and White Shield
#822 - 2013-11-19 22:23:11 UTC
Habitat module, houses 1 clone, One can be dropped in a system. Local only, will supply your next clone if podded in system.
Lifelongnoob
State War Academy
Caldari State
#823 - 2013-11-19 22:28:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Lifelongnoob
standings scrambler module

when deployed it messes up the standings colours in local by randomly assigning nuetral, orange and red tags to players in local

that would be fun to see in the big blue donut
Dremmell
Weaponized Space Karens
Sigma Grindset
#824 - 2013-11-19 22:43:16 UTC
My idea is for a mobile cloaking field. When deployed it can cover a 5k radius to hide ships. Would be great for gate camping. This device would unable a fleet to stay close to the gate without being exposed to a large fleet.

Larger storage facilities that offer miners a place to store ore.

Ore compressor was also a great idea.
Ronny Hugo
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#825 - 2013-11-19 23:23:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Ronny Hugo
I'd like to see a mobile depot with more than 3000 and 4000 m3 space. Unless you want to see servers handle millions of the darn things.

Since the depot disappointed me a tad on the "there's many like it but this is my own" front, a personal POS would be good. Would need its own place on the UI so its not mixed with the other POSes and NPC-Stations.

Dremmell wrote:
My idea is for a mobile cloaking field. When deployed it can cover a 5k radius to hide ships.

Why hide your accomplishment?
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#826 - 2013-11-20 00:32:52 UTC
Mines.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Alskari
Sheriff.
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#827 - 2013-11-20 01:15:17 UTC
I've glanced through the thread and I haven't seen either of these ideas so far:

+ Shooting Range
A structure that creates false targets to shoot and then outputs the combat log nicely. Generic ship class, speed and distance could be set. It could even run a simple kill report type feature showing who did top damage and such. Consider that if not for EFT or pyfa you never get close to this kind of info without logging onto the test server, and digging through combat logs. Use it to test fits or keep your fleet entertained while waiting for the cyno-bait to be taken. Corp owned ones could have a leader board for gloating.
(An exciting variant could use corpses for ammo. It could jettison corpses for you like a clay pigeon thrower.)

+ One-Armed Bandits
Player managed slot machines. Set the costs and rewards and watch all those gambling addicts hand you isk while gankers lurk and wait for the unlucky winners. Corp specific varieties could factor in standings to provide cheap entertainment for blues. Also I figure hacking or something like that could be incorporated to manipulate player input odds or payouts.

Let me be the first to say that I don't think these should be anywhere near the top of the list priority wise. A full replacement for the POS system and all that jazz should come first. However I think modules like these could ultimately be cool and help make your own little piece of space more unique. A lot more ideas along these lines, including memorials, might prove to be an easy way for corps/alliances to flaunt wealth and achievements as well.
BEPOHNKA
Ner Vod Fleet Systems
Goonswarm Federation
#828 - 2013-11-20 03:18:57 UTC
Hulasikali Walla wrote:
An ore mining/refining/compressing structure for ninja mining Blink

fail rorqual for...
Annrea
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#829 - 2013-11-20 03:58:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Annrea
First of all, I am really happy with these new space structures and the t3 subsystem change is great.

A tracking structure of some sort. Maybe along with removing local player listing and some cloaking changes add a structure that tracks and reports the all ships and names it catches on its scan. Set a scan range and allow reports to be accessed by the deploying pilot or corp anytime. Scanning reports would be on a real time basis but wouldn't always include names unless.......

Next part of my idea......The pilots ship now includes a transponder that reports the pilots name to the scanning array. This would allow pilots to see who is friendly and many other possibilities besides that.
Me ofcourse
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#830 - 2013-11-20 06:25:03 UTC
Mobile stasis web structure;

randomly web's any target which is hostile to the person who deploys it
Naomi Knight
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#831 - 2013-11-20 07:03:29 UTC
Mobile patch negator structure;

would have room for 2-3 ships+modules

anything put into them is immune to devs change ala patch resistant
that way we could enjoy our loved ships/modules even after some terrible "balance" patches
sytaqe violacea
Choir of morning
#832 - 2013-11-20 08:28:21 UTC
Mass Driver/Catcher
First, Player deploys Mass Catcher. Then, the player deploys Mass Driver at another place in same system. Those structure link up each other automatically.
Mass Driver has 27,500m3 cargo capacity. Owner can put stuff into it.
Mass Driver can launch the stuff toward the Mass Catcher. Several seconds later, the stuff get nearby Mass Catcher.

Solar Harvester
Solar Harvester transfers capacitor energy to owner's ship. But transfer range is limited to 5km.

IFF Jammer
Owner gets blue from everyone in the grid.
Magic Crisp
Amarrian Micro Devices
#833 - 2013-11-20 08:43:57 UTC
How about a structure that fixes bugs? It has to be anchored at different parts of the CCP office, and it starts cleaning up all those nifty jira tickets? Also, implicitly fixes illogical things in the UI. Even more, if it finds a dev fixing important-to-players bugs, it rewards the dev with a cookie. :)
Nag'o
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#834 - 2013-11-20 11:30:41 UTC
Micro Jump Portals - jump ships to another anchored MJP in the system.

Brain hackz0r. Execute schizophrenia virus. Hyper-phishing activated. Downloading reality.

Nag'o
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#835 - 2013-11-20 11:50:57 UTC
Rocket Harbor - Receives stuff from planetary launches, sends stuff to any planet's spaceport within a certain range.

Brain hackz0r. Execute schizophrenia virus. Hyper-phishing activated. Downloading reality.

Nag'o
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#836 - 2013-11-20 12:30:47 UTC
Liam Inkuras wrote:
Mobile Gravity Well Unit. Pulls any ship within 35km towards it at an easily counterable rate, but still enough to screw up an orbit.

This, but instead of pulling the ship towards it, it cripples the ship's agility or increases it's mass.

Dunkler Imperator
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#837 - 2013-11-20 14:17:36 UTC
This is something i posted in 2012 so i am re posting here in hopes this sees the light of day. Also Fozzie we got drunk together at the pub crawl this year. Just wanted to say thanks for making that trip so much fun.

What i would like to see is a mining colony for LOW sec and NULL sec. it just would be too dame easy in highsec and too expensive to remove.

Needs
*low cost
* easy to blow up
* Passive mining
* ore only (no ice)
* mines much less than barges(t1)
* limit 1 per belt and 1 per account

Keep it simple stupid. how i would make it in EVE (My dream Mine colony)

Looks
Use Already produced in game graphics ( Drone infested roid)
launches mining drones They pick random roids.

Details
when the drones come back they dump the ore into a holding bay in the mine colony ( similar to custom office),
Any one can take the ore from this hold. Same aggression mechanics for stealing ore from a jet can.

30-50 k EHP tier 1
50-100 k EHP teir 2

How big the mine colony is in a ship.( UN-packaged )
4000 m^3 for low tier
8000 m^3 for high tier

lasts until destroyed or unanchored.
Automatically starts unanchoring if The hold becomes full.

Hold size ( i don't really know how much ore this would be, Just a shot in the dark)
tier 1
10,000 m^3
tier 2
3000 m^3

Tiers

Should be low tier Colony and high tier colony

Low tier mines ore Places it into Hold.
Has 5 drones cost 3-4 m

High tier Mines and refines that ore places it into hold. Has 10 drones
5-14 m
Refiner has 70 % efficiency + user skills.
Refiner will not accept ores from the hold. Only refines what the drones bring back.

Skills

Low tier Requires
Anchoring 4
drones 5
mining drones 3
Mine colony 1

High tier ( uses refine skills of the person who anchored it.)
Anchoring 5
Drones 5
Mining drones 4
Mine colony 4

It would be nice to be able for individuals to place a mine colony and allow for passive low -end ore production.

I think it would be a nice Farm and fields for Null and low sec.
Something i can protect myself or with a friend or two.
is a great target for roaming gangs. Something they can Steal from and then destroy without much fuss or any freaking timers.

PVP for miners :)
Dan Carter Murray
#838 - 2013-11-20 20:00:08 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey everyone. As most of you know, we are introducing the first four of our new Mobile Structures in the upcoming Rubicon expansion: the Mobile Depot, Mobile Tractor Unit, Mobile Cynosural Inhibitor, and Mobile Siphon Unit. These four structures open up a lot of amazing possibilities for EVE players, but they're intended to be just the start.

This summer we asked the CSM to help us brainstorm ideas for potential mobile structures in Rubicon and beyond. We've also been brainstorming internally and finding good ideas posted in this forum. We've already decided which new mobile structures we will be adding in Rubicon 1.1, but we'd like to open up the brainstorming to all of you to help come up with great ideas for the future expansions!

Would you like to see a mobile drug lab with a meta version called the 'Winnebago'? A decoy structure that imitates a specific ship on probe and d-scan? A vending machine that allows you to sell mining laser crystals to random people in a belt?

Let us know what you'd like to see out of the future of our new space structures!

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=297791

i just made a post there

http://mfi.re/?j7ldoco 50GB free space @ MediaFire.com

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#839 - 2013-11-20 21:11:57 UTC
Has anyone said personal cyno beacons yet?

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#840 - 2013-11-20 23:00:47 UTC
Wormhole stasis towers.

Requires a tower on each side of a WH.

It WOULD NOT allow for unlimited mass through the WH.

What it would instead do, is keep the WH from fully closing.
It would keep the chain open.

The mass would still be limited as it is now, but would be restricted to a 24hr period.

I.E. I can fit 400,000 mass through this hole and it will close

or I can put up WH stasis towers and be able to put 400,000 mass through the WH every 24hrs.

If either stasis tower is destroyed, the WH instantly collapses, reguardless of remaining mass.

This would make WH life more suitable, thus more people would move in.

However, since these structures can be attacked freely by anyone and everyone, you can troll someone, you can trap someone, or you can break corp/alliance chains allowing you to wipe out one pocket without risk of the other pocket responding.

The structure would not have a reinforce mode, but would have enough EHP to give the defend a chance to respond.