These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

High Sec POCO stupidity.

First post First post
Author
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#41 - 2013-11-19 22:48:17 UTC
Torigoma wrote:
Ok, I've started to see people set up customs offices in High sec with taxes a t 80-90%. Why in Gods name would they do this?

Well, you know... "scare tactics" are sometimes good "manipulation" in Jita... keep an eye on things for a few weeks... either way you'll have your answer. Blink

Yup, yup, yup.... folks shoulda stockpiled ahead of time... nothing like that "bunker mentality" to get through the hard times. P

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#42 - 2013-11-19 22:48:48 UTC
Torigoma wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Heh, nope. You don't seem to understand the benefits of keeping down an industry you are invested in.

Suppose, for example, that I owned one or two of those planets near a hub or a lowsec gate. Discouraging people from using anything else is GREAT for me.

And it all goes triple for big alliances, who don't care about the piddle of isk they can make from being nice to the carebears, but who really care about market manipulation, which they can do by shutting other people down.

There's the thing, like I said, the Market Manipulation is not going to work, not how people think for several reasons.

1: PI Mostly comes from Low/Null/WH ANYWAY, High Sec is going to have little effect on the market as a whole.
2: By Cutting out the "Kittens" you leave nothing but Lions to contend with. If the market becomes far more difficult to control in any one's favor when all the contenders are big wigs.
3: By having high Taxes, you are encouraging people to use anything BUT yours. meaning you are loosing out for more work.

1. Yes, it does. But most of the factory planets that people use are in highsec.

2. The "Lions", as you call them, are unofficially working together anyway. When you have a few large entities who have diplomatic channels to deal with, setting up market control is vastly easier than if you have innumerable small entities.

3. Yes, which as I explained before, is a good thing if you are trying to funnel people toward a specific objective. Which is twofold in this case. Either get them to wardec you and attack your poco, in which case you get fights, or to funnel them to your specific choice and establish control over them as a result.

Either way, we win.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#43 - 2013-11-19 22:53:40 UTC
You know why POCO's don't matter.

High sec PI makes jack poop. Its not worth the clicks.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#44 - 2013-11-19 22:53:43 UTC
Carebears Countdown 5-4-3-2-1 wrote:
Pretty much the reason I quit PI entirely when this change was announced.

CCP are like every other company it seems. They start off strong with a lot of fresh ideas, but eventually become the old man in the room. We need some new hip kids to lead them properly.

What we need is more of CCP ignoring bears.
Professor Clio
Apocalypse Lancers
#45 - 2013-11-19 23:04:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Professor Clio
Torigoma wrote:
Professor Clio wrote:
You can do PI in any number of RvB owned system for a grand total of 10% tax once you trained the new tax skill which is exactly the same rate as the old NPC tax rate. Nothing changes for you, we just get to fund more explosions. Win-Win, right?

Edit: if you want to find us, we're in Josameto, Liekuri, Poinen, Otela and a few other systems all conveniently located within a few jumps of jita

RvB taxes I have no problem with (though like I've said before, a PI License would be a nice option), Its the 70-80% ones that get me.

Currently our POCOs are set up to neutral = 5%, +5 = 3% and +10 = 1% tax. That was done for internal reasons having to do with alt corps affiliated with RvB to a degree or another, but if you wish to negotiate a positive standing in exchange for a flat fee, we can probably arrange that.
Fey Ivory
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2013-11-19 23:05:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Fey Ivory
or you can turn the reasoning, slovly taking ower the PI industry, is simple economics, they want you gone from that world to give them exclusive rights to it and their allies...

What you can do, is look to what you can produce and use CC to awoid the poco, it wont work on several things, but for example, you could build robotics on a plasma for fuel parts, and never need to land anything, or use the poco...

Hope it help !
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#47 - 2013-11-19 23:09:54 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

CCP are like every other company it seems. They start off strong with a lot of fresh ideas, but eventually become the old man in the room. We need some new hip kids to lead them properly.

Would you prefer they tried to make them into something else?

I have seen those games where newcomers who come in cold, that is, not invited by a friend who can send a contingent of fighters/ships/teleport/etc to "save" them from no-lifes at the entry point who wait all day to kill everything that moves, and they spend a few minutes there, and then realize "Oh, I don't already have a bunch of friends to join with and I'll spend all day getting killed for someone else's enjoyment? Crap game".

I know I know. For many people, making Eve become "that game" is their game, and when the End of Life is announced for the game someday they'll high five each other.

Not everybody likes to rely on being in a pack to do every little thing in a game. We enjoy company in real life.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Darius JOHNSON
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#48 - 2013-11-19 23:11:45 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Would you prefer they tried to make them into something else?

I have seen those games where newcomers who come in cold, that is, not invited by a friend who can send a contingent of fighters/ships/teleport/etc to "save" them from no-lifes at the entry point who wait all day to kill everything that moves, and they spend a few minutes there, and then realize "Oh, I don't already have a bunch of friends to join with and I'll spend all day getting killed for someone else's enjoyment? Crap game".

I know I know. For many people, making Eve become "that game" is their game, and when the End of Life is announced for the game someday they'll high five each other.

Not everybody likes to rely on being in a pack to do every little thing in a game. We enjoy company in real life.

make some friends
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#49 - 2013-11-19 23:49:41 UTC
I heard that a few friendly capsuleers have put the taxes at 2% at some temperates around Jita, surely you should check this out before claiming that some taxes are stupid.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
#50 - 2013-11-20 00:04:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Himnos Altar
Taxes? What are these POCO Taxes you speak of?

I'm not aware of any such taxes.

Why the hell are you doing PI in hi sec anyway?

fully optimized, I can rake in about 70M in PI products everyday per character, though I tend to pack it down into P3s to save myself the trips to trade hubs. Less optimized I can still make about 50M if I haven't reset my extractor planets recently and the area is being stripped down to 100 units per extractor.

Still not sure what this POCO tax nonsense is.

You K-Space bears are silly. You are paying PI taxes with the worst possible yield.
Torigoma
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#51 - 2013-11-20 00:08:17 UTC
Himnos Altar wrote:
Taxes? What are these POCO Taxes you speak of?

I'm not aware of any such taxes.

Why the hell are you doing PI in hi sec anyway?

fully optimized, I can rake in about 70M in PI products everyday per character, though I tend to pack it down into P3s to save myself the trips to trade hubs. Less optimized I can still make about 50M if I haven't reset my extractor planets recently and the area is being stripped down to 100 units per extractor.

Still not sure what this POCO tax nonsense is.

You K-Space bears are silly. You are paying PI taxes with the worst possible yield.

Yield does not matter, Factory worlds are where the Isk is.
Louis Robichaud
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2013-11-20 00:12:49 UTC
There should be more gratitude towards our effort of freeing honest, hard working PI producers from the corrupt, inefficient and quite frankly dictatorial Interbus. Where did your hard isk go when you paid tax to Interbus? Nowhere! Vanished into a deep hole never to return.

You didn't have a choice. Now you do. And now your hard earned isk will instead be used to create new content, stimulating the economy and making EVE a better game.

I blog a bit http://hspew.blogspot.ca

Vena Saris
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2013-11-20 00:25:44 UTC
I just need to remind everyone, people are mad about the taxes being 5% gsf 5%npc corp. Default Interbus is 10%.

Literally nothing has changed except for people who are -10 to goonswarm.
Protovarious
The Neocom Network
#54 - 2013-11-20 00:35:27 UTC
Vena Saris wrote:
I just need to remind everyone, people are mad about the taxes being 5% gsf 5%npc corp. Default Interbus is 10%.

Literally nothing has changed except for people who are -10 to goonswarm.

Sooooo...let me see if I have this right.

Pay Interbus, a magical fairy corp that makes isk go poof from the game when you give it to them...

Or give Goons money...

Hey, I'm all for taking advantage of stupid people, but I think you'll find a nice population of capsuleers that would just assume give their isk to the Interbus fairy.

Would do my heart good, just sayin. Lol

Co-host of The Neocom Podcast - http://www.TheNeocom.com

Eve Community Blogger - The Eve Editorial - http://eveeditorial.wordpress.com

Twitter: @Proto_Eve

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#55 - 2013-11-20 01:28:53 UTC
All responses to the OP in this thread that are not LOL, are incorrect.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

WASPY69
Xerum.
#56 - 2013-11-20 01:49:47 UTC
If you want lower taxes i suggest you get a corp together and take down some POCO and set up your own.
Seriously.. what is it with some people treating eve as a "fair" singleplayer game where they refuse to lift a finger to do anything. As soon as a new competitive gameplay element get's introduced you all get your panties in a twist..
Only you are stopping yourself from your desired gameplay. Instead of whining, why don't you do something about it? You know, as in, in-game and not on the forums.

But please, do continue to cry on the forums though, I find it highly entertaining.

This signature intentionally left blank

Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#57 - 2013-11-20 02:18:50 UTC
How could you NOT see this happening? I've been rubbing my hands together with glee in anticipation of this, expecting PI prices to sky-rocket so i can cash in! Cool

I expect that insane tax level to be something of an exception though, as people can still shop around for better prices. I imagine the levels will start to normalize as more and more POCOs are setup and people start competing over prices. That is, of course, assuming someone who hates highsec doesn't dominate them all, and set them high just for the tears and lolz.

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Bloody Slave
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2013-11-20 02:22:09 UTC
Hehe, it seems the siphon stuff will make more tears than we thought.Blink

Yeah, siphon, or you think all this POCO for nothing is for real, followed by Burn Jita project?

Well, I'm just going to grab some stuff and making some isk (tears) as I love them as much as the next guy.Pirate

Siphon for the WIN! Forget about this POCOless scenario and tinny PI prices. Lets think BIG, like the "lions", huh?

Idea

If your balls are hurt and bleeding don't sit in a pool full of piranhas (note to myself: don't complain in GD)

Andrea Keuvo
Rusty Pricks
#59 - 2013-11-20 02:24:02 UTC
Xen Solarus wrote:
That is, of course, assuming someone who hates highsec doesn't dominate them all, and set them high just for the tears and lolz.

tbh, if this doesn't end up happening it will be a bit of a disappointment.

SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#60 - 2013-11-20 02:54:38 UTC
Bloody Slave wrote:
Hehe, it seems the siphon stuff will make more tears than we thought.Blink

Yeah, siphon, or you think all this POCO for nothing is for real, followed by Burn Jita project?

Well, I'm just going to grab some stuff and making some isk (tears) as I love them as much as the next guy.Pirate

Siphon for the WIN! Forget about this POCOless scenario and tinny PI prices. Lets think BIG, like the "lions", huh?

Idea

There are still people left who actually believe siphons will be detrimental to goons?

That's... that's adorable. Shocked

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/