These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Droid crews for strange people

Author
StenchWeasel
Sinister Black Hand of Death Corp
#1 - 2013-11-18 16:12:43 UTC
This suggestion seems like it might only benefit me because I have this odd thing I'll call "unwilling to lrn2genocide internet spaceships crew syndrome" UL2ISCS for short.

Back when I started eve the concept of crew was up in the air, leaning towards none, and I was quite happy to pilot large pieces of tritanium and have them divided into smaller pieces of tritanium buy other peoples pieces of space going tritanium.

Now CCP has settled on the idea of crews, and this initializes my UL2ISCS, and that has a negative effect on the local tritanium market and several other ore types too, not to mention Module, weapon and ammunition sales.

The solution
Simple give me an option to select Droid Crews, and I would like a small drop in efficiency in something just so I know they there.
Although even an inactive check box somewhere would cut it, lol.
then I would also like it to show up on my info. "Uses Droid Crews"
And then its just me my pod and a whole lot of tritanium and I'm happy Big smile

the above would sort me out but to take it further.......
Other ideas

• A skill to lessen the loss of efficiency the droids cause
  • Upgradeable parts to the droids to effectively move the loss of efficiency around, say capacitor to shields
  • A simple little screen to fit them
Qweasdy
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#2 - 2013-11-18 16:23:06 UTC
Ummm what? If I'm reading you right you want an option to make your ship worse so you can have some flavour text?

This is a terrible thread. As such, it's locked. - CCP Falcon

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#3 - 2013-11-18 16:23:55 UTC
I believe CCP has decided that the notion of crew is (for now, at least) going to remain an element of lore rather than an actual game mechanic. Feel free to consider all of your crew to be droids, bizarre mutant fedos, anthropomorphic slaver hounds or even genetically-altered furriers if you wish - although I must strongly advise extreme caution before considering a crew of genetically-altered furriers. They tend to chew their way through bulkheads and devour other creatures.
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-11-18 16:28:03 UTC
StenchWeasel wrote:
This suggestion seems like it might only benefit me because I have this odd thing I'll call "unwilling to lrn2genocide internet spaceships crew syndrome" UL2ISCS for short.

Back when I started eve the concept of crew was up in the air, leaning towards none, and I was quite happy to pilot large pieces of tritanium and have them divided into smaller pieces of tritanium buy other peoples pieces of space going tritanium.

Now CCP has settled on the idea of crews, and this initializes my UL2ISCS, and that has a negative effect on the local tritanium market and several other ore types too, not to mention Module, weapon and ammunition sales.

The solution
Simple give me an option to select Droid Crews, and I would like a small drop in efficiency in something just so I know they there.
Although even an inactive check box somewhere would cut it, lol.
then I would also like it to show up on my info. "Uses Droid Crews"
And then its just me my pod and a whole lot of tritanium and I'm happy Big smile

the above would sort me out but to take it further.......
Other ideas

• A skill to lessen the loss of efficiency the droids cause
  • Upgradeable parts to the droids to effectively move the loss of efficiency around, say capacitor to shields
  • A simple little screen to fit them

But but they have ESCAPE PODS... It's perfectly safe. HONEST! (Ô_Ô)

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Alvatore DiMarco
#5 - 2013-11-18 16:30:35 UTC
Debora Tsung wrote:

This is true. They do have escape pods and they do usually result in the crew safely escaping the ship before it's blown to bits.
StenchWeasel
#6 - 2013-11-18 17:26:49 UTC
Quote:
Ummm what? If I'm reading you right you want an option to make your ship worse so you can have some flavour text?
Worse sure, but much more kamikaze-able for me Smile
Hell I'd be happy to pay 10 million extra per ship to fit them even, just make the human crew gone!

Quote:
CCP made that advert with 100,000's of crew loose their lives daily...with a child and mother etc....
Yep...see, that didn't work for me.
Syndrome I said!
Alvatore DiMarco
#7 - 2013-11-18 17:28:36 UTC
You could always stick to flying frigates. Capsuleer-compatible frigates usually don't tend to have any crew.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#8 - 2013-11-18 17:28:45 UTC
StenchWeasel wrote:

CCP choosing crews as part of the lore has nothing to do with the markets unless you think significant numbers of people are as crazy as you.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Reese Armgo
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2013-11-18 17:49:08 UTC
StenchWeasel wrote:
Quote:
Hell I'd be happy to pay 10 million extra per ship to fit them even, just make the human crew gone!

Quote:
CCP made that advert with 100,000's of crew loose their lives daily...with a child and mother etc....
Syndrome I said!

Only 100000?

I would wager these lifes are lost in a single level 4 mission alone, sure they are criminals but who knows how many orphans they leave!

In the end there are only 3 types of enemys that are okay to kill:

Drones, like rogue´s and sleepers.
Sansha, because they are like the Borg anyway.
And Gallente, because they are born Evil.
Lady Areola Fappington
#10 - 2013-11-18 19:06:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Lady Areola Fappington
I honestly like the way CCP has crews set up.

As a lore nerd, it really hammers home the idea that capsuleers are sociopathic powermongers every time someone pops up and says "Wait, my ship has a crew on it?" Reinforces the inherent disconnect podders have from the rest of the universe.

As for the "things OK to kill" from above post..

Drones: You're murdering a sapient intelligence simply because we cannot communicate with them
Sansha: 99% of Sansha are slaves, being remotely controlled by implants. They're innocent.
Gallente: Wait....Gallente are real people?

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2013-11-18 19:13:45 UTC
So what about the crews of all the other ships you kill, be they rats or players? They're not droids.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#12 - 2013-11-18 19:28:01 UTC
Are we really having a conversation about the morality of killing space pixel people who aren't even pictured/named who may or may not actually be there anyways?

At this rate, in another year F&I will be full fledged GD.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2013-11-18 19:56:26 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Are we really having a conversation about the morality of killing space pixel people who aren't even pictured/named who may or may not actually be there anyways?

HEY. Ensign Ricky is a valued member of my crew, and if it wasn't for his tireless work in...chicken soup dispenser maintenance, the HMS BonerHitler would be in serious trouble!
StenchWeasel
#14 - 2013-11-18 21:50:53 UTC
Quote:

Yep Big smile this will mean the difference between me sending carriers and dreads out to get one shotted by the first rookie ship they meet or not.
And really it seems like it will only be be clicking the check box so letmehavzit!

Do you want to meet a Phoenix fitted with missile launcher 1's or not??
NearNihil
Jump Drive Appreciation Society
#15 - 2013-11-18 22:14:39 UTC
I like to think that my crew consists entirely of holograms conjured by my capsuleer's mind, which are then fed to a supercomputer in the pod bay inside the ship. The kind of hologram you can literally bump into, and isn't so much light but rather an actual, "real" figment of the mind.

I can make them look funny too, it's rather entertaining. In a The Sims kind of way.
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#16 - 2013-11-18 22:25:24 UTC
StenchWeasel wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Syndrome I said!

Lies, enemy propagande, completely unbased ACCUSATIONS!

No capsuleer would ever buy let alone fly a ship that wasn't COMPLETELY safe for it's crew.

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Bischopt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2013-11-19 00:08:02 UTC
Just kill all the crews. All of 'em!

Blood and guts and crying orphan children. Oh the humanity!

Seriously though, unless you're roleplaying I don't see why you would care so much. There's no game mechanics for any kind of crews, it's all in your mind.
I can understand what you're talking about though. Pretty sure my brother suffered from the same thing back when he was trying Eve. It's just that there's nothing in the game related to crews. No content, no modules, nothing. Implementing ...something because somebody feels bad about killing non-existent crews on internet spaceships seems very, very silly.
Shedao Acami
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2013-11-19 01:16:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Shedao Acami
I want to see a statistic of how many crew i lose when i die. Twisted Also i want to know how many widows and orphans are made.Big smile
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#19 - 2013-11-19 03:01:59 UTC
Shedao Acami wrote:
I want to see a statistic of how many crew i lose when i die. Twisted Also i want to know how many widows and orphans are made.Big smile

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/New_Eden_crew_guidelines

Grab a calculator and browse though your lossmails.

I'm pretty sure I've lost about 15 million crewmembes over the past 4 years.... but only also pretty sure I've killed well over 50 million enemy/hostile crews. Twisted
CTPAWHOE DHUWE
Doomheim
#20 - 2013-11-19 03:32:30 UTC
I has 60 bil is for rat killing, coz a rat gime me 500000 isk i kill 120k rats with avg 1000 people in each, 20% of them are survived.

This mean that i murder about 100 millions of mans, and that means that i greatest murderer evar, greatest than Stalin and Churchill and a renowned austrian artist together.

And i proud of this.

CAREBEARS MUST SUFFER

12Next page