These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Miner and Industrialist

Author
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-11-16 16:07:54 UTC  |  Edited by: oOReikaOo Michiko
Dear CCP (and the inevitable 1000's of trolls this will attract o/)

Have any vision on expanding industry? I always hoped when I came back that by now EVE would have a bit more of X3 feel in that you could have solar power stations.. etc. Instead the game remains pretty much unchanged in that regard after 6 years.

I get it, blowing up ships brings people to game and makes you money, and I realize you were trying to do kinda do that with the rubicon change to highsec custom offices... but really for a scifi game , theres not much scifi past the pew pew.

Anyway this thread will be torn apart because "hue hue 2 month member" but I WAS here a long time ago, and I honestly dont see much change besides streamlining and different types of ships.

*edit* Oh and please dont takes this as a QQ thread.. Love the game.. having a blast.. just wish I could do more on as an industrialist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSDNPFCPfY

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2 - 2013-11-16 16:11:00 UTC
No ships going boom no ship sales for industrialists.
Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#3 - 2013-11-16 16:23:23 UTC
All of the environmental gameplay in this game is meant as the backdrop from which you then enjoy the actual content by interacting with other players.

These features are currently being expanded by decoupling them from the safety and predictability of NPC involvement (hisec pococ, nullsec indy expansion, etc).

That said, mining is ******* awful, and needs to be reworked from the ground up. The rest is generally fine, and just needs to be better integrated into the fundamental interactive gameplay that defines Eve.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-11-16 16:24:46 UTC
Some blueprints what u could use to make compressed mineral blocks would be kewl. Obviously these blocks could be (the only ones what can be) reprocessed with 0 waste and would take much less room than other current transport methods. This should actually allow much easier and convenient industry projects in low/null.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-11-16 16:25:24 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:
All of the environmental gameplay in this game is meant as the backdrop from which you then enjoy the actual content by interacting with other players.

These features are currently being expanded by decoupling them from the safety and predictability of NPC involvement (hisec pococ, nullsec indy expansion, etc).

That said, mining is ******* awful, and needs to be reworked from the ground up. The rest is generally fine, and just needs to be better integrated into the fundamental interactive gameplay that defines Eve.

And thats all im really hoping for... is for them to look at it and say "Hey... I wonder if we could do something here"

Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#6 - 2013-11-16 16:50:21 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
And thats all im really hoping for... is for them to look at it and say "Hey... I wonder if we could do something here"

Then you're in luck. The current vision for eve is to make everything more accessible, interactive, and generally fun, in particular those aspects that historically been relegated to massive armies of alts in hisec (indy, etc).

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#7 - 2013-11-16 17:49:06 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Anyway this thread will be torn apart because "hue hue 2 month member" but I WAS here a long time ago, and I honestly dont see much change besides streamlining and different types of ships.

Yup. They just alter the mechanics of features that have been extant for years in the game, toss in a new ship or two like good behavior doggie treats, and call it an EXPANSION.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-11-16 18:01:21 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

you've obviously never met a powerbear. entire space garages full of bling, loveingly buffed to a gleaming finish.

never to be undocked.

forums.  serious business.

Kate stark
#9 - 2013-11-16 18:04:05 UTC
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

you've obviously never met a powerbear. entire space garages full of bling, loveingly buffed to a gleaming finish.

never to be undocked.

i'm pretty guilty of this.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Inquisitor Ageri
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-11-16 18:06:01 UTC
I think changes to mining are in the pipework (I've heard rumours of planetary-ring mining). There have also been changes with the industry hauler ship statistics, and the addition of the Venture. There have also been alterations to ice mining sites and there are now plenty more ore belt anomalies and gas sites to mine imo. Changes have been coming little and often, but they do usually get obfuscated by the bigger changes in the game.
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-11-16 18:07:28 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

never to be undocked.

If only they didnt ban selling highsec capitals... what a prize for my collection a titan would be

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-11-16 18:10:41 UTC
Inquisitor Ageri wrote:
I think changes to mining are in the pipework (I've heard rumours of planetary-ring mining). There have also been changes with the industry hauler ship statistics, and the addition of the Venture. There have also been alterations to ice mining sites and there are now plenty more ore belt anomalies and gas sites to mine imo. Changes have been coming little and often, but they do usually get obfuscated by the bigger changes in the game.

Dont get me wrong, they have streamlined a lot of it.. it does feel better then it used to lol.

I just hope they dont turn a blind eye to the fact that stuff like maybe a mining capital would be fun. They've reached far out into the combat side of eve.. why not reel it in and flesh out more of the fact eve is a Scifi sandbox, not a strictly "we do things so we can blow more ships up" sandbox :3

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2013-11-16 18:12:45 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

never to be undocked.

Me too. I play to forum and buy ships.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#14 - 2013-11-16 18:17:01 UTC
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

never to be undocked.

Actually, I'm sure baltec1 has exploded a few.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#15 - 2013-11-16 18:19:27 UTC
Inquisitor Ageri wrote:
There have also been alterations to ice mining sites and there are now plenty more ore belt anomalies and gas sites to mine imo. Changes have been coming little and often, but they do usually get obfuscated by the bigger changes in the game.

Actually, the Ice Anomoly changes and the reconfiguring of mineral content for null sec ores were 2 of the big features of Odyssey. Nothing obfuscated at all.

But that's what's sad about it, actually.