These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Have you ever got into lowsec??

Author
To Be Me
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-11-16 12:35:58 UTC
If not then why?

If yes then what happened

thumbs up if you like :))))

Sevendeadly Sins
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-11-16 12:40:42 UTC
I live in low-sec, as a pirate.

I explode ships and ransom people Pirate

http://www.zombo.com

EmoKidWithKantana
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-11-16 12:44:38 UTC
Occasionally, i mostly run missions
Tuggboat
Oneida Inc.
#4 - 2013-11-16 13:02:46 UTC
I was there once, just browsing around looking at the stars not a care in the world then suddenley BAMM. I was in high sec. I think I hit one of those wormholes.
Sura Sadiva
Entropic Tactical Crew
#5 - 2013-11-16 13:14:35 UTC
I live there, Is fun.
Doing FW mostly. Before Odissey also doing exploration, then CCP removed exploration, so only FW now.

Xinivrae
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2013-11-16 13:19:48 UTC
Several times. Usually goes as follows: fly around, occasionally see people in local, chat a bit, get bored, leave. People claim there are pirates or something there but I've never encountered this specific roleplay community. All I ever see is lowsec pvpers and FW, shooting each other and occasionally some hi/null person too dumb to know any better.

It's an ok place I guess, could use more to do. vov
Sebastor Cane
The Outlet
#7 - 2013-11-16 13:38:26 UTC
I used to spend a lot of time in Amarr lowsec. Mainly running plexes or engaging in opportunistic PvP
ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-11-16 13:43:02 UTC
I went to lowsec once and all I got was this lousy podkill.

Dodixie > Hek

Maaaaowm Ogeko
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#9 - 2013-11-16 13:43:08 UTC
I do a lot of mining there. It's great! Lots of valuable ore and no competition! I can park my 20 macks in a system and go AFK to watch Star Trek re-runs without a care in the world.

WASPY69
Xerum.
#10 - 2013-11-16 13:54:59 UTC
One time I woke up in Jita with this horrible headache and pain throughout my body. I slowly got up from the hard metal floor of my ship realizing to my surprise I was completely naked.
My ship had this weird smell to it unlike anything else. It wasn't a bad smell per say, but something wasn't right about it. And when i finally got back a somewhat clear non-blurred vision I hastefully took a step backwards and almost tripped over empty bottles of Spirits and this ugly looking Amarrian Slave Hound. My confusion was promptly interrupted and perhaps amplified by a voice behind me. It was an exotic dancer female, one of many as it turned out, asking where we were and what the hell had happened last night.
Indeed that was a question that needed answers. The answer came to me quite rapidly as I walked into the other room in the search of my fancy attire. There were heads and skulls, placed like trophies, and a chained up Minmatar slave sitting in a corner staring into the void as if his soul had suddenly left him. He muttered faint words repeatedly "Please Don't make us go back there". Back where? I asked, and he pointed to the wall besides me, where someone had painted this huge Unicorn covering the whole wall. I immediately realized where I had been. My actions and events were all blurred and blacked out, but it appeared as if i had a good time. Poor souls I thought as i chuckled loudly while looking at the heads. Lowsec is one hell of a place..

What a riveting tale that was! On a serious note, i strongly encourage everyone to head out to low sec and find out for themselves. What could possibly go wrong?!

This signature intentionally left blank

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#11 - 2013-11-16 14:05:22 UTC
My first experience with lowsec was:

- set up my first mining cruiser, after playing for one month
- go to lowsec on its maiden flight. First flight of my first cruiser.
- warp to a belt
- rat spawns
- another red cross spawns
- the second red cross tackles me
- third red cross spawns and kills my ship
- I notice he's a player, I insult him on local
- he opens convo
- I criticise him for shooting a unarmed ship
- after a few lines, he apologyzes and states he doesn't likes shooting miners
- he asks how much money I lost with that ship, i estimate it, he gives me back my money

Looking for the killmail, the guy who killed my ship apparently scored over 1,500 kills before his last kill on june 2011, when his account was 4 years old.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Dasola
New Edens Freeports
#12 - 2013-11-16 14:09:33 UTC
Lowsec is over advertised as dangerous place. Uuu the excitement when i put my first pos in lowsec. Was flying industrial solo, cargo full of valuable stuff. Fearing some pirate to find me before POS is anchored and has shield up..

Just like nullsec, most of lowsec is just booring, nothing much really happens there. Fame of tooth shattering danger is mostly earned by people camping gates from highsec. Once your throw those bottleneck systems, its usually smooth sailing.

We are Minmatar, Our ship are made of scraps, but look what our scraps can do...

Serptimis
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2013-11-16 14:13:15 UTC
Once I lived in low-sec
Revelling in crime
Then I got exploded
Buddy, can you spare a dime?
Verenkh Soleron
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-11-16 15:04:44 UTC
I once tried to go out to Providence. Jumped into low or null, no idea. Tried to burn for the gate, podded and in highsec 3 seconds later.
Tavi Baldocchi
Smack Of All Trades
Absolute Glory
#15 - 2013-11-16 15:14:48 UTC
Picked up a courier can that took me 3 jumps into low sec. Had to use a freighter. Waited till an hour before down time went in and out of mold en heath without problem. During any other time of day I would have never made it. But like someone else said once your past the bottlenecks your fine.
Bischopt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-11-16 16:52:31 UTC
Went there about 4 - 4.5 years ago, never returned to highsec.
Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#17 - 2013-11-16 16:54:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
Anyone can go into lowsec in almost completely safety. Pick a fast frigate or shuttle and leave. Unless you bump into a Smart-bombing gatecamp no one will be able to catch you.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Bo Bojangles
Interstellar Renegades
#18 - 2013-11-16 17:33:12 UTC
I haven't differentiated between hisec & lowsec systems in forever now. I just set my nav to shortest route all the time.

Chances are, you'll have no problems. Though I did get bit earlier this year with that attitude, but it was the 1st time in forever.

If you're a bit less experienced and/or can't risk it, the map filters available will tell you if there's a problem system on your route.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#19 - 2013-11-16 17:35:51 UTC
Bo Bojangles wrote:
I haven't differentiated between hisec & lowsec systems in forever now.

You'll figure it out after you get concorded a few times.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#20 - 2013-11-16 18:37:29 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
edit: this was some 4 years ago.

First time I went to low-sec was up in Solitude (which I had "pod-expressed" to with my corp 2 months earlier).

I was told that the corp needed some critical stuff ASAP (Trimark rigs and EANMs I think?) and no one with a "safe" means of hauling was online. I had a Rifter that I got from someone else and was in a naked clone (having been podded two nights before)... so I figured I had nothing to lose and volunteered.

The shortest sec route from Solitude to empire space was null-sec and always camped with bubbles. So I asked if there was a low-sec route. There was. I was given the waypoint systems by a corpie and the needed ISK by another. Then I proceeded to I make the 25 jump round trip journey.

Long story short... I made the journey to and from unmolested. But my heart was pounding the whole time as I was assuming that my immediate demise (and the demise of 100 mil worth of stuff I was carrying) was just around the corner.

Now I live in low-sec.
123Next pageLast page