These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev Blog: Warp Drive Active - Warp Acceleration Changes With EVE Online: Rubicon

First post First post
Author
Darth Kilth
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2013-11-15 16:27:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Kilth
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Red Frog Rufen wrote:
When are we going to see some new freighter class? (a faster version, and a stronger version would be nice)

There are TII freighters already which are both faster and more durable.

But those don't have the same large capacity! Wehhhh Q_Q /Sarcasm
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#22 - 2013-11-15 16:39:43 UTC
I flew around a system in a frigate on the test server somewhat recently, OH MY FAST!!!! I'm thinking some warps might even be too fast. can't wait to see what happens once it goes live.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Aramatheia
Tiffany and Co.
#23 - 2013-11-15 16:41:00 UTC
if im reading that big colorful diagram rightly, freighters will actually be faster over midrange to long warps, but slower on short, thats not too bad i guess, but anoying if you operate in small 30au or less systems

t1 BS and bc's have been slowed down across the board, long systems are going to be awesome fun for incursion ppl now, afk bio's every warp lol.

though i kinda want to train to fly an interceptor now, just to lol at the instawarp across entire systems
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#24 - 2013-11-15 16:47:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
OMG! MATH! GRAPHS! SPREADSHEETS!

CCP Masterplan's masterpiece! Big smile

Now if CCP Masterplan and CCP Punkturis co-authored a dev blog for added elements:
* Usage of pink.
* Watermark.
* Hand-drawn art.
That would be the best dev blog ever!

Regardless, thanks CCP Masterplan for a peek behind the curtain.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#25 - 2013-11-15 16:51:01 UTC
Aramatheia wrote:
if im reading that big colorful diagram rightly, freighters will actually be faster over midrange to long warps, but slower on short, thats not too bad i guess, but anoying if you operate in small 30au or less systems

t1 BS and bc's have been slowed down across the board, long systems are going to be awesome fun for incursion ppl now, afk bio's every warp lol.

though i kinda want to train to fly an interceptor now, just to lol at the instawarp across entire systems

BS are a bit slower now, but not unreasonably so... at least not nearly as much as I originally thought.

I'm am firmly in favor of this, but the more oblivious members of the community are going to be screaming about this on patch day. Most likely the first time they see a stranger enter system and get landed on by a ceptor before they have fully aligned to warp out.

This, to me, just reinforces the value of working with others... even if busy doing your own thing you can still pay attention to scouts/intel channels, so my sympathy will be limited.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Bariolage
Control F9
#26 - 2013-11-15 16:55:59 UTC
Granted it's not an exciting fantasy, but I've been fantasizing about greater differentiation in warp speed for so long!
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#27 - 2013-11-15 16:57:54 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:
Something for you graph people to analyse. Enjoy!


graphs are ok but all the cool devs use gifs now.

perhaps we can get gif graphs?Shocked

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Thelonious Blake
Get A Life
#28 - 2013-11-15 17:16:57 UTC
xttz wrote:
[...] have you considered giving Warp Core Stabilisers a small bonus to warp speed? Between 1-4% depending on meta level would be reasonable.


This would be very cool. Also I believe I've encountered the idea of MWD giving slight bonus to warp speed.
Servanda
Liga Freier Terraner
Northern Coalition.
#29 - 2013-11-15 17:17:44 UTC
xttz wrote:
The deceleration on sisi still feels pretty slow, and takes a good chunk of short warps. Can the cap be raised slightly, to 3 or 3.5?


+1

In the first Version the deceleration was clearly too fast. But I also think that Inteceptors are now way too slow compared to there accelearation warping with fast Ships feels weird. It's like acelarating with a sportscar and decelaritng with a cargo train.
Red Frog Rufen
Red Frog Freight
Red-Frog
#30 - 2013-11-15 17:58:57 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Red Frog Rufen wrote:
When are we going to see some new freighter class? (a faster version, and a stronger version would be nice)

There are TII freighters already which are both faster and more durable.


which required 6b and a whole lot of other skill useless to high-sec traveling.

JF are not faster in warp than freighter, they only align faster.
Red Frog Rufen
Red Frog Freight
Red-Frog
#31 - 2013-11-15 18:01:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Red Frog Rufen
Darth Kilth wrote:
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Red Frog Rufen wrote:
When are we going to see some new freighter class? (a faster version, and a stronger version would be nice)

There are TII freighters already which are both faster and more durable.

But those don't have the same large capacity! Wehhhh Q_Q /Sarcasm


of course, the capacity would be lower.

Just like the range of industrials right now, each would have their own specialisation
iskflakes
#32 - 2013-11-15 18:26:37 UTC
This is a really good dev blog. More numbers and formulas in future please.

It sounds like you just changed a number from 3 to shipWarpSpeed, and added the decelleration speed limit. Is that all there was to it or were there some other behind-the-scenes changes to make this work?

-

CCP Masterplan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#33 - 2013-11-15 18:37:14 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
OMG! MATH! GRAPHS! SPREADSHEETS!

CCP Masterplan's masterpiece! Big smile

Now if CCP Masterplan and CCP Punkturis co-authored a dev blog for added elements:
* Usage of pink.
* Watermark.
* Hand-drawn art.
That would be the best dev blog ever!

Regardless, thanks CCP Masterplan for a peek behind the curtain.


MeBiatch wrote:
CCP Masterplan wrote:
Something for you graph people to analyse. Enjoy!


graphs are ok but all the cool devs use gifs now.

perhaps we can get gif graphs?Shocked


Be very careful what you ask for:
http://i.imgur.com/R8OmU6g.gif

"This one time, on patch day..."

@ccp_masterplan  |  Team Five-0: Rewriting the law

Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#34 - 2013-11-15 18:41:07 UTC
Oh god I'm in tears right now. Lol

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

Sala Cameron
Free-Space-Ranger
#35 - 2013-11-15 18:41:42 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:

Be very careful what you ask for:
http://i.imgur.com/R8OmU6g.gif


lmao it's beautiful!
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#36 - 2013-11-15 18:44:04 UTC
Sala Cameron wrote:
CCP Masterplan wrote:

Be very careful what you ask for:
http://i.imgur.com/R8OmU6g.gif


lmao it's beautiful!


Oh god, he did it. :D

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Zloco Crendraven
BALKAN EXPRESS
Shadow Cartel
#37 - 2013-11-15 18:50:24 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:


Be very careful what you ask for:
http://i.imgur.com/R8OmU6g.gif


I had to log in just to like this post :DDD

BALEX, bringing piracy on a whole new level.

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#38 - 2013-11-15 19:08:13 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:
Be very careful what you ask for:
http://i.imgur.com/R8OmU6g.gif

I hit the like button 15 times... it's not working!!!!
Phoenix Jones
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2013-11-15 19:10:51 UTC
That GIF just costs CCP the entire programming and graphics budget for the year.

Hundreds of man hours went into creating this work of art....

Sorry folks, no high definition graphics this year :-(

Yaay!!!!

CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#40 - 2013-11-15 19:18:44 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
CCP Masterplan wrote:
Something for you graph people to analyse. Enjoy!


graphs are ok but all the cool devs use gifs now.

perhaps we can get gif graphs?Shocked
This can't end well...

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer